HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

McCormick likely injured, recall coming. [Edit - Tropp Recalled]

Old
11-15-2011, 04:52 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Its going to be kassian, just in time for the Bruins game..

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
Its going to be kassian, just in time for the Bruins game..
If it's the flu, I'd hope that McCormick would be back in time for that game. Otherwise, uh oh. I'd like to see Kassian in there too, maybe at the expense of Ellis.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:07 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
no he isn't, he is a 20 year prospect that they are trying to develop into a top notch player not an enforcer. Tropp can handle himself.

The guy to make the statement are the following players:

Goose
Pominville
Meyers
Roy
Stafford
Regehr
Weber
McCormick
It would have to be a regular player IMO.

Vanek had the chance. It was 4 vs 1, Vanek could have dropped them and he would be king in buffalo. Instead he went with the push.

SabresAreScaryGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Tra La La

Call up Finley play him at wing

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

I don't get why Kassian "isn't ready"? How is he supposed to know what to be "ready" for if he never gets a cup of Joe in the NHL?? Call him up, and if he starts balling up in the corner of the rink crying because it's too scary, send him down and call somebody else up. I think it's time to let him know just how fast it is in the NHL and how much harder he''s going to have to work to make it at that level. Tropp already gets it. Now let's give Kassian a shot at finding a spark of NHL confidence.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:07 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Kassian has played 15 professional games, there is no need to rush him into the Sabres lineup to play fourth line minutes. Tropp performed admirably during his four game stretch and thus should be rewarded with a recall if it's necessary. Later in the season, after more time refining his game, then you can call up Kassian for a game or two if necessary. His time will come, it doesn't have to be in the immediate future.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:12 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
Most annoying statement ever IMO is "he isn't ready".

Like anyone knows when a player is ready.
How about first watching a Rochester game...maybe even two. You suggested Foligno? He's been relegated to the third line, and has looked disinterested at best the past two home games.

I'll say it again, Kassian isn't ready. He is in the middle of changing his game, from Cody McCormick/Kaleta like aggressiveness to a Holmstrom type power forward. Calling him up at this point in his development and asking him to do something opposite of what he's been working on the first month and a half. It would be and is a mistake.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:

Vanek had the chance. It was 4 vs 1, Vanek could have dropped them and he would be king in buffalo. Instead he went with the push.
I don't mind if Vanek doesn't tumble, he's been easily our best player night in and night out and we need him too much to risk an injury. I put more onus on Myers and Gaustad to get in there. I think Vanek should have gone in though, I think everyone should have gone in. Hopefully if an incident like this happens again, the boys will take care of it.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:16 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProngersEyeball View Post
How about first watching a Rochester game...maybe even two. You suggested Foligno? He's been relegated to the third line, and has looked disinterested at best the past two home games.

I'll say it again, Kassian isn't ready. He is in the middle of changing his game, from Cody McCormick/Kaleta like aggressiveness to a Holmstrom type power forward. Calling him up at this point in his development and asking him to do something opposite of what he's been working on the first month and a half a year would be and is a mistake.
All I was asking is how do you know when a player is ready?

Old
11-15-2011, 06:20 PM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
I don't mind if Vanek doesn't tumble, he's been easily our best player night in and night out and we need him too much to risk an injury. I put more onus on Myers and Gaustad to get in there. I think Vanek should have gone in though, I think everyone should have gone in. Hopefully if an incident like this happens again, the boys will take care of it.
Remember when it was like 3 or 4 vs Chara a couple years ago? I think gaustad was involved (Funny thing there was Miller came out and jumped in). I mean if all your boys are around you there nothing to be afraid of.

Throw and duck.

Old
11-15-2011, 06:21 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
All I was asking is how do you know when a player is ready?
You will know a player is ready when the coaching staff calls him up. And not before then.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:25 PM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

I don't know when a player is ready. All I know is that Kassian isn't at this point in time. Perhaps after another 15-20 games (putting him in the January time frame I suggested above) he would be more inclined to succeed at the NHL level.

I guess my main frustration here is that most posters I've seen have said that Kassian is the answer to all of their "physical/softness" Sabre problems. When he isn't. His game has changed. It's a whole new ball of wax compared to his Junior play.

I'll be recording some/most of his shifts during tomorrow nights game just to show everyone the difference.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:36 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:

agreed which is why I stared with those players who have letters on their sweaters

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:38 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:

I'll say it again, Kassian isn't ready. He is in the middle of changing his game, from Cody McCormick/Kaleta like aggressiveness to a Holmstrom type power forward. Calling him up at this point in his development and asking him to do something opposite of what he's been working on the first month and a half. It would be and is a mistake.
thank you for posting this, kassian's youtube hits and his gamestyle now after different.

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:44 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
I don't know when a player is ready. All I know is that Kassian isn't at this point in time. Perhaps after another 15-20 games (putting him in the January time frame I suggested above) he would be more inclined to succeed at the NHL level.

I guess my main frustration here is that most posters I've seen have said that Kassian is the answer to all of their "physical/softness" Sabre problems. When he isn't. His game has changed. It's a whole new ball of wax compared to his Junior play.

I'll be recording some/most of his shifts during tomorrow nights game just to show everyone the difference.
I think a good chunk of posters that want Kassian, have fallen in love with the idea of Kassian and his reputation and not the modern day reality of Kassian. Like you said, watch some games. it will help you give a more accurate opinion of who may or may not be ready for the NHL game.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:58 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:

I'll say it again, Kassian isn't ready.
thanks for the report. just wondering if you have seen some of his ohl goals? They are captivating.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:02 PM
wnysupport

Kassian has 1 fight in the AHL this year, and 13pts. It's obvious that they are (and Zack himself is) trying to refine his game to be a more complete player and not just an enforcer.

Bringing him up now, and reverting him back to that role doesn't seem like it makes too much sense when he is more valuable to the team in his current role down the line.

wnysupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Remember when it was like 3 or 4 vs Chara a couple years ago? I think gaustad was involved (Funny thing there was Miller came out and jumped in). I mean if all your boys are around you there nothing to be afraid of.

Throw and duck.
Well you made it sound like you wanted him to drop the gloves with Lucic. Sorry I read it the wrong way, I agree with you they should've all just jumped him, unfortunate but hopefully it won't happen again.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnysupport View Post
Kassian has 1 fight in the AHL this year, and 13pts. It's obvious that they are (and Zack himself is) trying to refine his game to be a more complete player and not just an enforcer.

Bringing him up now, and reverting him back to that role doesn't seem like it makes too much sense when he is more valuable to the team in his current role down the line.

While I agree.... Kassian isn't the answer... that it needs to be dealt with from the current team itself.... The idea of bringing up Kassian for his physicality would somehow hurt his development is rather amusing...

If he's not ready...he's not ready... I don't know... i haven't seen him since pre-season and he didn't impress me. But... if they wanted him up here for some sort of enforcement for a game or 2 ...that is not going to change one thing in his development in Rochester. He's not 8 .. the coaches can talk to him and tell him what they need from him.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I think a good chunk of posters that want Kassian, have fallen in love with the idea of Kassian and his reputation and not the modern day reality of Kassian. Like you said, watch some games. it will help you give a more accurate opinion of who may or may not be ready for the NHL game.
I havent seen a lick of his play in Rochester, so I cant say where he stands now. but as for the mean SOB that he was in junior, yeah... I want some of that on the Buffalo squad and could care less who's name it is on the back of the jersey.

To be the best of my knowledge though, he's the only one in the pool that fit the bill.

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:50 PM
barcs

So one of 2 things...
Cody is a go (most likely)
Lindy plans on moving Grags up to wing and inserting Myers again (it could happen)

Obviously they could be waiting until tomorrow to check on his status (Wednesday) but what's going to change in a matter of 10 or so hours?

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:52 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Kassian can drop em' Give him the callup!

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Myllz
Pavelski Lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
So one of 2 things...
Cody is a go (most likely)
Lindy plans on moving Grags up to wing and inserting Myers again (it could happen)

Obviously they could be waiting until tomorrow to check on his status (Wednesday) but what's going to change in a matter of 10 or so hours?
If it's just sickness, quite a lot can change. You've never gone to bed sick and gotten up the next morning feeling better?

Myllz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
barcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
If it's just sickness, quite a lot can change. You've never gone to bed sick and gotten up the next morning feeling better?
No, I usually feel worse in the AM.

Plus, said call up probably misses the morning skate -- not beneficial.

Also, the Amerks are also faced with a last minute lineup change to their top 6 for their contest vs. Syracuse on Wednesday.

It would just have made infinitely morse sense to call the player up Tuesday afternoon. Unless of course they already alerted the Amerks and someone is, was, or already plans on being en route in the AM.

barcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:02 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Kassian isn't going to come up and fight 46 different Bruins. Get out of fantasy land. When he gets the call, which hopefully won't be any time this season, he will be focusing in on more important parts of the game IMO. The notion that he is going to be an ass kicker from the second he gets called up is a naive one.

It should and will be Tropp.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote