Penn State Scandal Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 10:46 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

vCash: 500
Watching the interview on SportsCenter.

Sounds like this guy was well trained by his lawyer on what to say and not to say.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:47 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 148

Quote:
Former PSU Player Donates to Sandusky's Defense
Sam Stellatella sent Jerry Sandusky money toward his legal defense and has encouraged other alumni to for the same
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...133813358.html

Old
11-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Here is the interview via Deadspin:

http://deadspin.com/5859530/i-enjoy-...nnstatescandal
Damn, talk about asking the hard questions. Absolute and direct grilling. Sandusky didn't help his case much.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Watching the interview on SportsCenter.

Sounds like this guy was well trained by his lawyer on what to say and not to say.
Well, that's what lawyers do.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:04 PM
NODLR
The Dog House

vCash: 148
Somewhat related.

I'd love for this detective to grill sandusky.
You have to watch all three videos to completely appreciate the work this detective did.

If you're so inclined, here is the first of three.

EDIT: Basically getting a serial rapist/killer to confess.

Quote:
OPP Det. Sgt. Jim Smyth presents evidence to Col. Russell Williams in a videotaped interrogation Feb 7, 2010. The video was played during Williams' sentencing hearing in Belleville Oct. 20, 2010.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:41 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevernude View Post
Bob Costas has amazing restraint.
Costas remains as great as usual. He handled the interview in an aggressive fashion that still let Sandusky's responses speak for themselves.

Was trying to see if I could catch Sandusky's lawyer cringing on TV during the interview. I can't imagine any lawyer worth anything would advise a client facing similar charges that doing a national interview was a good idea.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
awesomo
HARD!

my god that interview is really uncomfortable

Old
11-15-2011, 01:34 AM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I can't imagine any lawyer worth anything would advise a client facing similar charges that doing a national interview was a good idea.
Well, we should remember that this particular lawyer impregnated a 16 year old girl he met through a high school program. So, yeah.

Old
11-15-2011, 06:29 AM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/boy-2002-sh...035602476.html

The lawyer for the Penn State football coach charged with child sex abuse said in an interview on Monday the boy at the center of a 2002 incident detailed in the grand jury's report had been identified and said it never happened

Speaking to sportscaster Bob Costas, Joe Amendola, who represents Sandusky, said "we anticipate we're going to have at least several of those kids come forward and say, 'This never happened.'"

11-15-2011, 06:55 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

A **** victim afraid to face his attacker in court? That's NEVER happened before.

Old
11-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
ESPN breaking news crawl says, per sources, that McQueary did go in and stop what was happening when he saw it.

Well, that's a step in the right direction. More than what he was portrayed to have done. I don't think he did enough by not going to the police, though.
My initial reaction subsided, now I question whether this is true. It wasn't in the grand jury report. Why wouldn't you discuss this with the grand jury if you did it? Wouldn't that be lying under oath if you withheld this information? Perhaps not, but the fact you can't tell a grand jury but now all of a sudden claim that you indeed took action? Smacks of damage control, if you ask me.

Old
11-15-2011, 09:06 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post

The lawyer for the Penn State football coach charged with child sex abuse said in an interview on Monday the boy at the center of a 2002 incident detailed in the grand jury's report had been identified and said it never happened

Speaking to sportscaster Bob Costas, Joe Amendola, who represents Sandusky, said "we anticipate we're going to have at least several of those kids come forward and say, 'This never happened.'"
Am I now wrong to think maybe this whole thing is a lie and Sandusky never did anything like claimed?

Old
11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Am I now wrong to think maybe this whole thing is a lie and Sandusky never did anything like claimed?
Considering the sweeping changes that Penn State has already made, probably. They believe it enough to fire their legendary coach over the phone. You should too.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:01 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
Considering the sweeping changes that Penn State has already made, probably. They believe it enough to fire their legendary coach over the phone. You should too.
Why would a victim have denied it then like that? Afraid of the publiicity?

Old
11-15-2011, 10:28 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Afraid of the publicity, afraid of a still-free Sandusky, afraid of revealing the secret to his friends, afraid to admit it actually happened, afraid of the crazed Penn State fans that think Paterno was disrespected, afraid of facing Sandusky in court...there really are a ton of reasons.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:49 AM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Afraid of the publicity, afraid of a still-free Sandusky, afraid of revealing the secret to his friends, afraid to admit it actually happened, afraid of the crazed Penn State fans that think Paterno was disrespected, afraid of facing Sandusky in court...there really are a ton of reasons.
While all of those are good reasons if nobody steps up to the plate it just adds fuel to the fire that the termination of Paterno and what not was unjust because nothing was proven to have happened beyond a shower incident. It opens up a can of worms in the other direction, and could get Sandusky off the hook where he might continue being well, the guy he is now...

Old
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
I was mad as heck at that part initially, however, there was a mutual agreement to conduct a conversation over the phone due to safety concerns. And well, we saw what happened that night, so given the circumstances, they get a pass on that one.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post

Keep in mind, the victim they believe they can get to say it never happened was never identified by the state. They could grab any random ass kid.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Brodie
watcher on the walls

Quote:
Yes. Did you actually watch the interview? The guy's guilty as sin and his high schooler impregnating attorney could only come up with "WE THINK we MIGHT HAVE found ONE of the kids WHO THE STATE COULDN'T IDENTIFY and he'll say it never happened"

OH BOY, THAT'S CONVINCING! Especially after Sandusky so vividly described the night in question.... you'd think he'd have no trouble identifying the boy, no? So why all the WE THINKS and MAYBES?

Old
11-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Francesa
(╯□)╯︵ ʞooqǝɔɐℲ

http://twitter.com/McMurphyCBS/statu...61039700533248
Quote:
RT @MilesDoranCBS: Penn State assistant Mike McQueary speaks publicly for the first time to @CBSNews. TONIGHT on @CBSEveningNews

Old
11-15-2011, 04:23 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie View Post
Yes. Did you actually watch the interview? The guy's guilty as sin and his high schooler impregnating attorney could only come up with "WE THINK we MIGHT HAVE found ONE of the kids WHO THE STATE COULDN'T IDENTIFY and he'll say it never happened"

OH BOY, THAT'S CONVINCING! Especially after Sandusky so vividly described the night in question.... you'd think he'd have no trouble identifying the boy, no? So why all the WE THINKS and MAYBES?
Yeah i saw the Costas interview, it was funny how Bob tried to pass off as angry with the tone in his voice but somehow kept that all in.

Old
11-15-2011, 04:59 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
The best part was the paragraph answer to "Are you sexually attracted to young boys?" A weird, rambling answer instead of a simple 'no thankyou'. I'm sure the lawyer loved that.

Costas was cold blooded, well done by him.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Why would a victim have denied it then like that? Afraid of the publiicity?
Why would a man not want all of his friends and family, not to mention millions of strangers, to know that he was sodomized by another man as a kid? Is that a serious question?

As a brother to a **** victim I know all too well the extreme shame that is felt by the victim, of all people, and that isn't taking into account society's glass eyed approach to anything remotely homosexual.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:06 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Quote:
To be fair, it's not the alleged victim saying that, it's the accused lawyer.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:07 PM
RobBrown4PM
Pringles?

Quote:
Wow, the status under your forum name is speaking volumes at this point.

Why is it exactly you're trying to defend this skinner?

Closed Thread