HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So how bout that Darche?

Old
11-15-2011, 11:50 AM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post

I love it when the Martin defenders are forced to become Darche defenders.

Lars Eller disagrees with you.
What in the world are you talking about?

I said he's barely used and that I wouldn't use him at all on the PP. He has the least icetime of any of our regular forwards save for Nokia. Now I'm a Darche defender? (although that does have a nice ring to it)

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

If things don't change and we get a healthy roster, I expect Darche to be scratched for White.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:17 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
If things don't change and we get a healthy roster, I expect Darche to be scratched for White.
Very possible. I miss Ryan White. Has a lot of fire to his game and doesn't hesitate to drop the gloves to defend his teamates. Really sucks for him about the sports hernia.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:17 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

im not even being sarcastic, somebody explain this to me:

darche's job during a powerplay is to stand in front of the net, why would putting eller there be a better idea? has eller gained this notoriety for screening goalies while i wasn't looking?

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

darche's job during a powerplay is to stand in front of the net, why would putting eller there be a better idea? has eller gained this notoriety for screening goalies while i wasn't looking?
I don't get it either, any other coach would try out something different when something is not working

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I find Darche has been getting a lot of unjustified hate and attention on these boards lately. He might not look as clutch this season as was perceived to be last year but who can even expect a 4th liner to be clutch? The guy is an honest and hard worker, responsible, very coachable and a big body. He's an asset, no matter how limited the rest of his skillset. He's not going to be a difference maker either way.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:41 PM
G0bias

Quote:

Problem is, Martin was still using Darche instead of Kostitsyn when he was healthy and even Cole during the first few games. And I have no doubt he'll continue to play him over Kostitsyn when he comes back from injury.

His obsession with Darche is to continuously rely on him during key moments of the game where the team desperately needs a goal.

G0bias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:48 PM
TheWhiteIdea

Ha no way does JM bench Darche for White.

TheWhiteIdea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:53 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
Very possible. I miss Ryan White. Has a lot of fire to his game and doesn't hesitate to drop the gloves to defend his teamates. Really sucks for him about the sports hernia.
Do you know anything about sports hernias and if they have any lasting effects on a players game? I am curious.

Edit: Just so you guys know JM dresses Darche up like Picard after the game.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen View Post
I find Darche has been getting a lot of unjustified hate and attention on these boards lately. He might not look as clutch this season as was perceived to be last year but who can even expect a 4th liner to be clutch? The guy is an honest and hard worker, responsible, very coachable and a big body. He's an asset, no matter how limited the rest of his skillset. He's not going to be a difference maker either way.
I got nothing personal against Darche, nice guy ,was a nice story last year, BUT let's be honest call all 29 nhl gm's up and offer Darche.What would we get? Would Darche be on any other Nhl teams first line power play/first and second lines?????

You get my point?

The Habs really have no excuse to not go out and upgrade ,but there's some strange love for a guy who really doesn't do anything 200 other ahl players could do (screen goalies and throw the odd hit) ....

It's really is JM FAULT for bringing undo attention towards Darche.
I don't think many here got a problem with him pluggin on the 4th line, but when JM got him out there on the power play and first and second line , it blows so many fans minds.

Last edited by Habaneros: 11-15-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
1 goal, 16 gp, -2, playing terrible yet rarely benched. Why? What is Martin's obsession with this guy? Why is there no room for a tough guy, yet there's room for this plug?
Pretty hard to bench Darche when you have 3 regulars out(Cammy AK White).

Not sure I agree that he's been terrible. He can do better, but he still goes out and competes despite the results not yet being there, he put Regier on his butt last night which was sweet. Still a solid 4th line guy.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:58 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:

1. our PP is no good
2. have to try something else
3. Darche is the least talented player used on our PP

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Do you know anything about sports hernias and if they have any lasting effects on a players game? I am curious.

Edit: Just so you guys know JM dresses Darche up like Picard after the game.
Not sure about lasting effects. I just know it sounds really, really painful.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Darche has been rather dissapointing since the beginning of the season, to say the least.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
pine*

For what it's worth, I think Mathieu Darche is an ELITE 13th player. Provides solid leadership and guidance for the young players. And I would be comfortable with him spending the season in the pressbox.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:

Having someone on the PP just to stand in front of the net is pointless when your powerplay not only struggles to score on the PP but also struggles to create any scoring opportunities.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I got nothing personal against Darche, nice guy ,was a nice story last year, BUT let's be honest call all 29 nhl gm's up and offer Darche.What would we get? Would Darche be on any other Nhl teams first line power play/first and second lines?????

You get my point?

The Habs really have no excuse to not go out and upgrade ,but there's some strange love for a guy who really doesn't do anything 200 other ahl players could do (screen goalies and throw the odd hit) ....

It's really is JM FAULT for bringing undo attention towards Darche.
I don't think many here got a problem with him pluggin on the 4th line, but when JM got him out there on the power play and first and second line , it blows so many fans minds.
Not disputing any of that. JM loves his Darche, just like he loved his Pyatt, a player he said himself "played the game the way it's supposed to be played". That in itself is a wide open window into JM's mind, who values things like sound positioning and coachability more than difference making raw abilities. So what can I say, other than Darche is a great 12th or 13th forward who is put in a position others should be in but won't because they don't have his work ethic or willingness to park his butt in front of the net on the PP. I don't agree with it, but in no way shape or form should Darche be ridiculed for it.

Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:13 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That will never happen Kriss.

We have Lars Eller sitting on power plays while Darche is on the ice and you think that White will replace him when he comes back?

I hope you are correct. I dont think so, but I will hope anyway.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

His shortcomings are way overstated. He's by no mean a good or great player, but I don't think he's a liability out there. He get his chances. He never finishes, or almost never, but meh. At least he gets chances.

As for upgrading his position... Meh. If we give up a 3rd or 4th or hell, even a 5th to get a marginal player (because that's what you replace Darche with--another marginal player), people will complain that Gauthier wastes his draft picks.

Darche's fine. He just need to get less ice time. He has a role on this team. I just wish, like many of you, that he didn't play on the PP.

Eller definitely needs more ice time. He's been great.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:20 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
That will never happen Kriss.

We have Lars Eller sitting on power plays while Darche is on the ice and you think that White will replace him when he comes back?

I hope you are correct. I dont think so, but I will hope anyway.
well martin clearly likes white. wasn't last year's playoff when martin came over to white on the bench to whisper in his ears, hands on white's shoulder, after a great play white did.

never seen martin do anything like that before, or since.

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
habtastic

Darche does enough for you to be like "Woah, nice play by a guy who shouldn't even be there, he really cares and works hard!"

and then he'll totally f up a play that could change the game and it's like "OMG Darche...seriously?"

but he's such a niccce guyyyy

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:56 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Darche is an NHL player, mind you 4th line utility guy who can maybe lot in 3rd line for matchups and balancing. He's okay at everything and good at nothing. Still, I want him on the team, but this obviously isn't half as good a year as it was last year. I think thee's other guys to play on PP. Especially now, when our PP is brutal, change it up.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote