HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BJ's @ Oilers -- Oct 30th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2003, 07:16 PM
  #76
Fists of Fuhry
Registered User
 
Fists of Fuhry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Mizral, Nash is an Oiler killer. I swear he scores against us every game.

2nd coming of Naslund? er.. as an Oiler killer that is.

Fists of Fuhry is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 07:51 PM
  #77
Ejh18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname_brand
Salo, Comrie, 2nd for Nash, Denis.


Please?
HAHAHA....

It would take way more than it would be worth it aquire Nash... let alone Nash & Denis...

Ejh18 is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 08:26 PM
  #78
FacelessButcher
Registered User
 
FacelessButcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,201
vCash: 500
Everyone wanted both Begeron and Semenov in the line-up anyone happy they both got their chance tonight? Or has Cross started to grow on you?

FacelessButcher is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 08:30 PM
  #79
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,860
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Everyone wanted both Begeron and Semenov in the line-up anyone happy they both got their chance tonight? Or has Cross started to grow on you?
Hey, I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about Cross. I still KNOW without a doubt that he isn't a top pairing Dman, but he is an above average third pairing guy who can be used spairingly on special teams. I think he brings more then Fergy - and we will soon see him in the PB.

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 09:19 PM
  #80
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,697
vCash: 500
I actually didn't mind having both in the lineup.. I personally think that Semenov and Brewer make a good pairing and I hope MacT keeps them together for a while. I might be the only one that thinks that though..

Cerebral is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 09:24 PM
  #81
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I actually didn't mind having both in the lineup.. I personally think that Semenov and Brewer make a good pairing and I hope MacT keeps them together for a while. I might be the only one that thinks that though..
Note on that: By the end of the game, Bergeron was getting a fair number of ***** with Brewer.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 10:38 PM
  #82
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,567
vCash: 500
Funniest thing on the Isbister goal?

During the celebration, it seemed like the guys were going out of their way to rub Isbister's face which seemed to make him extra grumpy.

Guess he's still feeling a bit sore...

Digger12 is offline  
Old
10-30-2003, 10:40 PM
  #83
Digger12
Registered User
 
Digger12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Defending the border
Posts: 14,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Note on that: By the end of the game, Bergeron was getting a fair number of ***** with Brewer.
Best...typo...EVER!


Digger12 is offline  
Old
10-31-2003, 02:28 AM
  #84
Yanner39
Registered User
 
Yanner39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ottawa ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Good game last night, not only because they won but there were pretty dominant at time. Again, they hit 3 goal posts just like against the Blues)...That game should have never gone into overtime. What I find encouraging is that players like York and Dvorak are really coming along.

I was really happy with Salo tonight. I've been one of his biggest critics these past few weeks but he player very well. My only beef I guess was that he still can't make the 'next big save' for his team to keep the lead. I still think he's fighting the puck way to much. On the Vyborny goal, he made the same and had absolutely no idea where the puck was. On the other 2, he pretty much didn't have a chance. Let's remember, Nash is gonna be a pretty good player.

Finally, Ales, shot the *** puck once and a why. Man, I get up from the couch after one of his beautiful moves and come crashing down when he loses it. That's one aspect of his game that is really suffering.

Yanner39 is offline  
Old
10-31-2003, 04:50 AM
  #85
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Good game last night, not only because they won but there were pretty dominant at time. Again, they hit 3 goal posts just like against the Blues)...That game should have never gone into overtime. What I find encouraging is that players like York and Dvorak are really coming along.

I was really happy with Salo tonight. I've been one of his biggest critics these past few weeks but he player very well. My only beef I guess was that he still can't make the 'next big save' for his team to keep the lead. I still think he's fighting the puck way to much. On the Vyborny goal, he made the same and had absolutely no idea where the puck was. On the other 2, he pretty much didn't have a chance. Let's remember, Nash is gonna be a pretty good player.

Finally, Ales, shot the *** puck once and a why. Man, I get up from the couch after one of his beautiful moves and come crashing down when he loses it. That's one aspect of his game that is really suffering.
In all fairness to Salo on that one, there were 3 Oiler player standing right around him, and none of them either attempted to play the body or the puck... you can't have that kind of thing.

dawgbone is offline  
Old
10-31-2003, 07:41 AM
  #86
Marconius
Registered User
 
Marconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Funniest thing on the Isbister goal?

During the celebration, it seemed like the guys were going out of their way to rub Isbister's face which seemed to make him extra grumpy.

Guess he's still feeling a bit sore...
I noticed that as well, I thought it might be some sort of reminder about the pie in the face

Marconius is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.