HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

BJ's @ Oilers -- Oct 30th

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 07:16 PM
Fists of Fuhry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemskyfan
Mizral, Nash is an Oiler killer. I swear he scores against us every game.

2nd coming of Naslund? er.. as an Oiler killer that is.

Old
10-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Ejh18

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname_brand
Salo, Comrie, 2nd for Nash, Denis.

Please?
HAHAHA....

It would take way more than it would be worth it aquire Nash... let alone Nash & Denis...

Old
10-30-2003, 08:26 PM
FacelessButcher

Everyone wanted both Begeron and Semenov in the line-up anyone happy they both got their chance tonight? Or has Cross started to grow on you?

Old
10-30-2003, 08:30 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Everyone wanted both Begeron and Semenov in the line-up anyone happy they both got their chance tonight? Or has Cross started to grow on you?
Hey, I'll admit when I'm wrong, and I was wrong about Cross. I still KNOW without a doubt that he isn't a top pairing Dman, but he is an above average third pairing guy who can be used spairingly on special teams. I think he brings more then Fergy - and we will soon see him in the PB.

Old
10-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Cerebral

I actually didn't mind having both in the lineup.. I personally think that Semenov and Brewer make a good pairing and I hope MacT keeps them together for a while. I might be the only one that thinks that though..

Old
10-30-2003, 09:24 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I actually didn't mind having both in the lineup.. I personally think that Semenov and Brewer make a good pairing and I hope MacT keeps them together for a while. I might be the only one that thinks that though..
Note on that: By the end of the game, Bergeron was getting a fair number of ***** with Brewer.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:38 PM
Digger12

Funniest thing on the Isbister goal?

During the celebration, it seemed like the guys were going out of their way to rub Isbister's face which seemed to make him extra grumpy.

Guess he's still feeling a bit sore...

Old
10-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Note on that: By the end of the game, Bergeron was getting a fair number of ***** with Brewer.
Best...typo...EVER!

Old
10-31-2003, 02:28 AM
Yanner39

Good game last night, not only because they won but there were pretty dominant at time. Again, they hit 3 goal posts just like against the Blues)...That game should have never gone into overtime. What I find encouraging is that players like York and Dvorak are really coming along.

I was really happy with Salo tonight. I've been one of his biggest critics these past few weeks but he player very well. My only beef I guess was that he still can't make the 'next big save' for his team to keep the lead. I still think he's fighting the puck way to much. On the Vyborny goal, he made the same and had absolutely no idea where the puck was. On the other 2, he pretty much didn't have a chance. Let's remember, Nash is gonna be a pretty good player.

Finally, Ales, shot the *** puck once and a why. Man, I get up from the couch after one of his beautiful moves and come crashing down when he loses it. That's one aspect of his game that is really suffering.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:50 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
Good game last night, not only because they won but there were pretty dominant at time. Again, they hit 3 goal posts just like against the Blues)...That game should have never gone into overtime. What I find encouraging is that players like York and Dvorak are really coming along.

I was really happy with Salo tonight. I've been one of his biggest critics these past few weeks but he player very well. My only beef I guess was that he still can't make the 'next big save' for his team to keep the lead. I still think he's fighting the puck way to much. On the Vyborny goal, he made the same and had absolutely no idea where the puck was. On the other 2, he pretty much didn't have a chance. Let's remember, Nash is gonna be a pretty good player.

Finally, Ales, shot the *** puck once and a why. Man, I get up from the couch after one of his beautiful moves and come crashing down when he loses it. That's one aspect of his game that is really suffering.
In all fairness to Salo on that one, there were 3 Oiler player standing right around him, and none of them either attempted to play the body or the puck... you can't have that kind of thing.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Marconius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12
Funniest thing on the Isbister goal?

During the celebration, it seemed like the guys were going out of their way to rub Isbister's face which seemed to make him extra grumpy.

Guess he's still feeling a bit sore...
I noticed that as well, I thought it might be some sort of reminder about the pie in the face

Closed Thread