HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers #1 on TSN Power Rankings as of Nov 14th!

Old
11-16-2011, 12:15 AM
SouthJerseyRanger

vCash: 500
I don't buy the pessimistic weak schedule argument. This is the National Hockey League. Anything can happen in any game. Columbus matches up against Detroit for 10 straight and the Blue Jackets probably win 3 times... maybe 4. The fact of the matter is the team is WINNING... and they are winning night in and night out. Not only that, but you can argue that the ONLY game the Rangers out and out lost is the home opener against the Leafs and the road game against the Oilers. The SO losses against the Sens and Ducks... the OT loss to the Kings... that 1st loss after the Euro trip to the Isles; all of them could have very well been won by the Rangers (and 2 of them absolutely should have been wins).

They win a majority of their games; and of the games they don't win most of the time they are right there till the end.

This is a very good hockey team in my estimation. There is scoring depth, there is an effective defense, and there is world class goaltending. Prolonged losing streaks should not and probably will not be a feature of the 2011-12 NYR.

SouthJerseyRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:28 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepan Up View Post
Too bad 2 and 3 are also from the Atlantic Division.
Not if they beat the crap out of each other before meeting us in the playoffs.

11-16-2011, 12:34 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

The issue has been scoring enough goals to give Henke an edge.

Rangers scoring goals + Lundqvist = a Dominant hockey team.

The Rangers have become a much more difficult team to defend with Brad Richards. He makes any line he's on troublesome and his PP skills are so clearly in a another league than what we've had before.

He's a very old school north south style player, but the guy is seriously good at everything hockey.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
The issue has been scoring enough goals to give Henke an edge.

Rangers scoring goals + Lundqvist = a Dominant hockey team.

The Rangers have become a much more difficult team to defend with Brad Richards. He makes any line he's on troublesome and his PP skills are so clearly in a another league than what we've had before.

He's a very old school north south style player, but the guy is seriously good at everything hockey.
Brad was fantastic against the Isles. He had a shift with Avery and Feds in the 1st period where they just dominated and it was basically all Richards. He made the best possible play every time the puck was on his stick, his hockey-IQ is just off the charts.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Jackpot
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
I don't buy the pessimistic weak schedule argument.
Seriously? What's pessimistic about pointing out the fact the Rangers haven't played (beaten) a team ranked in the the top 10 in either conference during this streak? I've already stated I'll take 2 pts anyday regardless of the competition, but to say the weak schedule isn't a MAJOR factor is crazy...Out of the seven, what was the best record they had ?

Yes, you still have to play the game, but to say Detroit wouldn't/shouldn't beat Columbus 10/10 isn't an exagerration either...

Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:07 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackpot View Post
Seriously? What's pessimistic about pointing out the fact the Rangers haven't played (beaten) a team ranked in the the top 10 in either conference during this streak? I've already stated I'll take 2 pts anyday regardless of the competition, but to say the weak schedule isn't a MAJOR factor is crazy...Out of the seven, what was the best record they had ?

Yes, you still have to play the game, but to say Detroit wouldn't/shouldn't beat Columbus 10/10 isn't an exagerration either...
I agree. While the worst team in the league still wins every third game, the fact is we haven't truly been tested by going against teams that win 2 of every 3. Let's see how we fare against Washington, Pittsburgh and Philly before we make any claims about how good this team really is.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

didnt they beat ottawa and san jose during this streak?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:34 PM
broadwayblue

Weird, looks like we dropped to #3.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:55 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Weird, looks like we dropped to #3.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings
thats espn.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 03:15 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
didnt they beat ottawa and san jose during this streak?
Yup. San Jose is currently 7th in the west, and Ottowa is 8th in the east. The sharks had won 5 straight and we beat them 5-2, despite being the softest team they had played on their road trip

We played some weak teams, but we beat montreal, carolina and the isles, all teams that have given us problems in the past for various reasons. Not only did we beat all 7 teams, but we outscored them 26-11. Weak schedule or not, that's a significant accomplishment.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 03:17 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:

Detriot will NOT best those teams 10 out of 10 times.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote