HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov to CSKA Moscow?

Old
11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Thank you! Thats good news. I don't want to give up on him yet.
I'm pretty sure the Sens haven't given up on him yet.

Wasn't it Paul Maclean that said he felt that Filatov has focused so much on how he's playing without the puck, that's he lost his flair with it? That's why he's in the A right now, they want him to become a goal-scorer, not another 3rd line scrub.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
themann

6 pts in 10 games. yikes. I was expecting atleast a ppg in the A.

themann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Really? That's the best you can come up with? He's a plus player and guys that are playing really well in the bottom 6 (not Butler) should be shown the door before him? A guy who actually can't play in the bottom 6 it seems. Saying he's a plus player is about as weak an arguement as you can come up with. Might as well say he has a better GAA than Anderson.
It wasn't meant as a hollistic measure of performance, I've talked about his quality of play in other threads. But his +/- over the year in Bingo and Ottawa (two losing teams it should be noted) has to be very encouraging.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that a bottom 6 line ought to be of a different nature than a top 6 line. If there is prejudice on that level then it is all the more reason to bolt.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Well it's obvious this article was misinterprated....

Nothing to see here folks.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Tuna99

vCash: 50
The Filatov back to Russia thread

Warrants discussion as it is now in the press and on twitter.

Personally if he goes, I think he is admitting he is not and never will be an NHL player. It was worth the gamble, but for the most part can anybody see him outplaying Daugavins, Foligno, Z. Smith? I can't, if he goes

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:54 AM
DG

Yeah, I've been defending him, but if he wants to go now, he's done in the NHL. I mean, how can the kid simulataneously keep saying he wants to be in the NHL and keep leaving to go to the KHL?

I'm not going to rip on him and call him heartless etc, but maybe he's just not cut out for the work required. Either that, or he is just really homesick and a nice contract from CSKA isn't hurting to lure him back...

Especially if there are issues in Bingo, and he is already on the fence about being here?

I'm disappointed. Not extremely. But I am disappointed.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Marble

I want to make sure that we have the story right before I complain about him.

Marble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:57 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

I'm going to post here the same thing I wrote in the "Problems in Bingo" thread:

The one thing that doesn't add up for me is that Filatov's agent told the RUSSIAN news agency that he's looking for permission from the Sens to go back to Russia. Why not go to the AP/CP? Why RIAN? If you are going to go public with something like this with the desired effect of putting pressure on the Sens via a public show, going public with the Russian media but not the NA media seems half-assed.

Who is Filatov's agent, anyways?
(please don't say Gandler, please don't say Gandler...)

I dunno. I'm still on the fence on this, but I admit it does look worse today than it did yesterday.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:02 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marble View Post
I want to make sure that we have the story right before I complain about him.
Completely agree. I'm not going to rip him (even if he does go), but let's wait for the facts.

Guy who broke the story is pretty credible though...

Old
11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Completely agree. I'm not going to rip him (even if he does go), but let's wait for the facts.

Is there a link to this story or is this just the Russian article from yesterday?

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:06 AM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

So what if he goes to CSKA? He's been successful there, he'll get confidence and it's not like he can't work on his play without the puck while in Russia.

Bingo's poisonous these days and he's way too good for the ECHL. CSKA seems logical to me.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
guyzeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I'm going to post here the same thing I wrote in the "Problems in Bingo" thread:

The one thing that doesn't add up for me is that Filatov's agent told the RUSSIAN news agency that he's looking for permission from the Sens to go back to Russia. Why not go to the AP/CP? Why RIAN? If you are going to go public with something like this with the desired effect of putting pressure on the Sens via a public show, going public with the Russian media but not the NA media seems half-assed.

Who is Filatov's agent, anyways?
(please don't say Gandler, please don't say Gandler...)

I dunno. I'm still on the fence on this, but I admit it does look worse today than it did yesterday.
Don Meehan

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

I think he needs to tell his agent to stop taking calls from Russian teams, because neither of them appear willing to "say no" when they come offering all the perks that Russia offers. I don't really blame him for taking it, I know I would. Play close to home, make more money, less risk of injury, weaker competition so you have more fun beating up on them.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:14 AM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Is there a link to this story or is this just the Russian article from yesterday?
Just this guy on twitter that I know of:

Quote:
dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Nikita Filatov's Russian agent says Filatov is considering returning to Russia after another demotion to the minors by the #Sens.
Quote:
dchesnokov Dmitry Chesnokov
Filatov's agent tells RIAN the #Sens will have to make a decision whether to allow Filatov to return to Russia to join #KHL's CSKA.

Old
11-16-2011, 09:17 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

they should bring him up for ten games and put him on the first line and say show me what you got. I think he should have been given more time but the fact that he is not improving is on him. If he sinks and choses to go to Russia we will still own his rights and will probably never get another sniff in the NHL for the forseable future.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:20 AM
KA BLAMO

So his Russian agent is saying that? Assuming that this Russian agent and Don Meehan are both representing Nikita, I'm not going to worry about this until Meehan starts saying the same thing.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:20 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
they should bring him up for ten games and put him on the first line and say show me what you got. I think he should have been given more time but the fact that he is not improving is on him. If he sinks and choses to go to Russia we will still own his rights and will probably never get another sniff in the NHL for the forseable future.
Oh ya? That's what they should do? They should also give him a ton of PP time with Alfi, Spezza, Karlsson, and Gonchar. That's what he should get without earning it, right?

Please, fact of the matter is to this point he hasn't earned a damn thing and he hasn't outplayed a soul that is currently on Ottawa. What you are suggesting is putting an individual above everyone else on the team. A team that's actually playing like one and playing pretty well for the most part.

Common sense isn't too common I guess.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:22 AM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
never gonna happen

see how Butlerj ust worked his way up? Filatov will have to do the same we are talking about the coach from detroit. EVERYONE works their way up. Tovie isnt bigger than the sens

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post

Given the mess the B-Sens are facing (8 straight losses) and KK stating it just isn't a good environment for development, who knows what any of the kids are thinking.

In time all the details will surface, patience is the right approach before the attacks on Filatov begin.

Personally I hope the kid stays and just keeps working hard. However if he can make millions in his home country, it really isn't hard to see a 21 year old consider that option instead of riding the bus in the AHL.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Tuna99

Filatov has seriously cooled off, he deserves another shot in the NHL and if we get an injury here or there they should bring him up.

Seeinh how the 4th line is playing with Butler and Winny now, he deserves a shot there and could create a nice 4th attacking line....but Konopka has been 500 times better then I ever gave him credit for and it would be hard to bench him for 5-6 straight games to give Filatov an audition.

Tuna99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
Given the mess the B-Sens are facing (8 straight losses) and KK stating it just isn't a good environment for development, who knows what any of the kids are thinking.

In time all the details will surface, patience is the right approach before the attacks on Filatov begin.

Personally I hope the kid stays and just keeps working hard. However if he can make millions in his home country, it really isn't hard to see a 21 year old consider that option instead of riding the bus in the AHL.
Totally agree. That said, don't blow smoke up everyones ass about how it's his dream to play in the NHL and will really work hard THIS time to get there. Actions speak louder than words.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:30 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Агент нападающего Никиты Филатова Глеб Чистяков прокомментировал «Р-Спорт» информацию о возможном возвращении игрока из «Оттавы» в ЦСКА.
- Есть желание хоккейного клуба ЦСКА видеть Филатова в своих рядах. Окончательное решение по этому вопросу будет зависеть от того, что скажет «Оттава Сенаторз». Он находится под контрактом в этом клубе, поэтому говорить о возможности перехода преждевременно. Пока ясности по этому вопросу нет, – сказал агент хоккеиста.
В текущем сезоне Филатов провел за «Оттаву» 6 матчей и набрал 1 (0+1) очко..

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/492772

Simply, an agent told that CSKA wants him but Ottawa must allow it and it is soon/early (I do not know right in English) to say about his return now. No words about Filatov decision only about interesting of CSKA. Of course Filatov must agree with this... we will see... .

Last edited by mt-svk: 11-16-2011 at 09:37 AM.
mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:30 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

If I was Murray I probably wouldn't of traded for him knowing that he has a Russian agent. That makes it seem like he never really planned on giving a crap about the NHL.

Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

here's something i don't get, why is he constantly on formspring talking to internet strangers(?) about girls?
Like ok, a couple posts a week or even every couple days, but every single day? all the time?
It doesn't scream nhl commitment to me. It doesn't make him look very mature.

Maybe it's that he's very homesick and lonely. I would understand that and feel bad for the guy if that's the case. but if that is the case after all this time, then maybe he really does need to go back?
(and i'm just guessing here, cause i don't really know what's going on with him. his attitude does seem great)

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:31 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Oh ya? That's what they should do? They should also give him a ton of PP time with Alfi, Spezza, Karlsson, and Gonchar. That's what he should get without earning it, right?

Please, fact of the matter is to this point he hasn't earned a damn thing and he hasn't outplayed a soul that is currently on Ottawa. What you are suggesting is putting an individual above everyone else on the team. A team that's actually playing like one and playing pretty well for the most part.

Common sense isn't too common I guess.
I dont think he deserves 10 games but 2 or 3 in the top 9? Absolutely. MacLean says he's a different player up here, playing without confidence. Give him a few games with talented players, and maybe he will finally start showing that confidence to pull off difficult plays.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote