HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

#18|Avalanche coming down MT. Washington @ Penguins|Tue.|Nov-15th-2011|7:30pm|CEC

Old
11-15-2011, 09:36 PM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach John McGuirk View Post
Imagine if Duchene hadn't scored a ridiculously insane goal and MAF hadn't let in that first softy...

I hope we can finally see a 100% healthy team soon, and for the playoffs.
Imagine if O'Byrne didn't run into Varly popping the puck out on the second goal. Imagine if McClemment's skate didn't tie the game up...two can play this.

I will trade you guys Matt Duchene for Dan Bylsma...deal?

NothingLikeAnEJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:47 PM
KIRK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRS91 View Post
I sincerely hope Bylsma doesn't break up Sullivan - Malkin - Neal.
Malkin and Neal looked o'k with Spaz too (Kunitz-Sid-Sully and TK-Geno-Neal might work pretty well).

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:49 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Imagine if O'Byrne didn't run into Varly popping the puck out on the second goal. Imagine if McClemment's skate didn't tie the game up...two can play this.

No deal, but maybe Duchene for Granato? Oops, my bad . . .

Seriously, you've got a fun team to watch. Enjoy it.

And, I kind of figured it would be a tough one for Varlamov tonight when Malkin rang his first shot off the cross bar and Varlamov reacted by lifting his glove about a second after you heard the noise.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:03 PM
MtlPenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
No deal, but maybe Duchene for Granato? Oops, my bad . . .

Seriously, you've got a fun team to watch. Enjoy it.

And, I kind of figured it would be a tough one for Varlamov tonight when Malkin rang his first shot off the cross bar and Varlamov reacted by lifting his glove about a second after you heard the noise.
In all honesty, Sherman should have been fired after the Stewart/Shattenkirk trade.

Then he should have been at least roughed up after the Anderson for Elliot trade.

Then for handing a first rounder for Varlamov, he should have simply been shot. They went from making the playoffs and giving the Sharks a decent run, to blowing up a good part of the team after a rough start the following year.

Last edited by MtlPenFan: 11-15-2011 at 10:20 PM.
MtlPenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
I'll be honest, I didn't think the Pens would come back and win this one. It wasn't just the fact they went down 3-1 after the first, but it was how sloppy they were looking in doing so. I'm glad they were able to prove me wrong.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:27 PM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I'll be honest, I didn't think the Pens would come back and win this one. It wasn't just the fact they went down 3-1 after the first, but it was how sloppy they were looking in doing so. I'm glad they were able to prove me wrong.
Last season, this team didn't win this game. This season they never quit and it just feels like they are going to come back eventually.

MrBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:28 PM
JTG

Sid coming back will be a shot of adrenaline to this team. I could see them going on an epic sort of tear. I could also see Sid pulling a Lemieux-Lafontaine situation. When the kid is rested, he tears teams to shreds seemingly at will.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:30 PM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Sid coming back will be a shot of adrenaline to this team. I could see them going on an epic sort of tear.
The scary thing is I don't think they really need a shot of adrenaline...

They need to shore up defensive zone coverage off the rush, but other than that I think they are playing as good as anybody in the league. That's probably what's frustrating me about Crosby not being back more than anything. I want to see this team play with a full compliment of forwards so badly...

Old
11-15-2011, 10:33 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post

They need to shore up defensive zone coverage off the rush, but other than that I think they are playing as good as anybody in the league. That's probably what's frustrating me about Crosby not being back more than anything. I want to see this team play with a full compliment of forwards so badly...
I liken our current situation to playing Mario Kart and you are in the process of using 1 star, and you draw another one, which you obviously use back to back and you end up going warp speed.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Quote:
Last season, this team didn't win this game. This season they never quit and it just feels like they are going to come back eventually.
I think we're seeing how much a hot James Neal and Steve Sullivan impact the lineup. Last year, especially without Sid and Geno, we didn't have the offensive creativity to comeback. This year, we have more than two guys who can create chances to spark a comeback.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:48 PM
KIRK

Quote:

That one seems to be linked lately to where exactly Paul Martin's head is.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:49 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
In all honesty, Sherman should have been fired after the Stewart/Shattenkirk trade.

Then he should have been at least roughed up after the Anderson for Elliot trade.

Then for handing a first rounder for Varlamov, he should have simply been shot. They went from making the playoffs and giving the Sharks a decent run, to blowing up a good part of the team after a rough start the following year.
No, I want Sherman to stay. You'll need him there for Shero to pull off his third round pick for Hedjuk deal at the deadline . . .

Old
11-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Pancakes

Just like last season this team is tremendous defensively and now they can score again thanks to a healthy Staal and Malkin + Neal visiting a Priest and having his demons exorcised. Add Sid on top and there really is no stopping this team. Even as currently constructed there are few teams which can match up with us and that's without Sid.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:12 AM
MrBurgundy
Dan was a bad choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
That one seems to be linked lately to where exactly Paul Martin's head is.
Its not just limited to him. He got beat for a goal but there were numerous occasions with diffferent people tonight and against Carolina where it was an issue but didn't result in one.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:01 AM
KIRK

Quote:
Its not just limited to him. He got beat for a goal but there were numerous occasions with diffferent people tonight and against Carolina where it was an issue but didn't result in one.
Oh, I know . . . guy really is pooping the bed. Martin is what he is. He's a #2 in a pinch but really a #3 on a cup caliber team. In NJ, he was a #1 by default. Let's see what happens when everyone's healthy. I'm down on him, but I've watched him enough over the years to think he'll be fine.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post

You guys are lucky to have a solid young player like Duchene and Landeskog, you guy's will be competitive for years don't worry. Just make sure you guys don't finish too low and give the Caps a top pick, would hate to see that happen

Avs are probably the team I like the most out West

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:57 AM
AreYouHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spire View Post
I don't usually make predictions but I'm feeling fairly confident about this game.

- Malkin will be pretty ticked off that he didn't score last game, he's going to get at least two points in this one, at least one of them will be a goal.
Nice one mate!

AreYouHockey is offline   Reply With Quote