HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brad Richards is a great hockey player

Old
11-16-2011, 08:18 AM
SauceCheese91

vCash: 500
I love how everyone jumps on Richies bandwagon after a big goal. I agree Richards is a hell of a hockey player, so smart on the ice. Maybe its just me, but I would still like to see this effort on a consistent basis because we all know he is capable of it.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:23 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
the center position i think is the deepest position in the league. as it always should be imo.
IMO that position is goalie. I have never seen this many high-quality goalies in the league all at one time before.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Brad is the man. God he's awesome. SO glad he's on the team.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:35 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
I love how everyone jumps on Richies bandwagon after a big goal. I agree Richards is a hell of a hockey player, so smart on the ice. Maybe its just me, but I would still like to see this effort on a consistent basis because we all know he is capable of it.
Yea Brad, watch and learn from Gaborik.

I have been quite pleased with Brad's hustle and heart thus far.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceCheese91 View Post
He's scored a number of big goals (or made big plays) so far this year and even when he's not having his most noticeable game, he makes a lot of nice little plays that are likely to go unnoticed if they don't immediately result in scoring chances.

He's been pretty consistent, though he could also still be better

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:40 AM
SauceCheese91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
He's scored a number of big goals (or made big plays) so far this year and even when he's not having his most noticeable game, he makes a lot of nice little plays that are likely to go unnoticed if they don't immediately result in scoring chances.

He's been pretty consistent, though he could also still be better
Im not really knocking the guy...I think hes an amazing player and agree he makes a lot of little plays that go unnoticed, on top of some pretty clutch goals. I think there is still definitely some room for Richie to grow here, as he is still adapting to new linemates and a new system.

SauceCheese91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:55 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
I can't believe he's dating Olivia Munn.

Apparently when they started dating, our win streak started.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I think on-his-game Eric Lindros could give Brad a run, but they were two different players.

Richards has that vision, dynamic playing ability. He reminds me of a better Nylander with a better shot. We are certainly not 10-3-3 if we have Eric Christensen, not Richards as our top center this year.

11-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

I remember a few games back in the GDT there was a few posters saying how little he was doing for this team with his price tag

He is probably been the best UFA acquisition we have gotten in years so far.

Off the top of my head I can think of 7 points we might not have had without him.

- 2nd game of the season vs ANA when he scored with 2 minutes left to tie the game up. +1 point
- Game vs MTL where the habs got a fire under their ***** and were coming back but Richards quickly stopped that by scoring a huge goal to give us the 2 goal lead, ended up being the GWG. + 2 Points
- The waiting and waiting and waiting for the perfect pass to Girardi on the GWG to put us up 2-1 with 10 minutes left vs the Canes which opened the flood gates for a huge 5-1 win. + 2 points
- The huge clutch GWG goal yesterday night again. +2 points.

Without those 7 points in the standings we would be sitting in 13th place in the conference.

He's 2nd on the team with 13 points in 16 games, 3rd on the team with goals.

Frankly, it was embarrassing to see fans of this team trying to find faults with his game and putting his game down when he is been the most clutch player on this team so far and is consistently putting up points in games. Sadly, these were probably some of the same fans that were sticking up for Drury and the lack of anything he brought.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

All this, and he has been producing at about a 70 point pace. What is scary is that he is actually capable of a little more than that. This team, too, is capable of even a little more.

Dubi, Stepan, Anisimov are all guys who have had slow starts in the goal scoring department who can each hit around 20 over the full course of a season.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:22 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hg00se View Post
I can't believe he's dating Olivia Munn.

Apparently when they started dating, our win streak started.
She's one of my favorites...unreal, if you ask me. UNREAL hot.

I've been on the Richards bandwagon for years, as I root for Tampa Bay (used to live there for a bit)

People are starting to see what this guy does to make a TEAM better.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:24 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Been most impressed with his anticipation/hockey smarts...it's an old hockey cliche but he gets to the place where the puck is going to be.

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Pizza

I had my doubts about if we should pay out the $$$ to acquire Richie.

I was wrong.

Richards is a different player than what we've brought in before. I like what I see so far from him. He keeps this up and we'll dangerous.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:04 AM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

He's the man

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:07 AM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
She's one of my favorites...unreal, if you ask me. UNREAL hot.

I've been on the Richards bandwagon for years, as I root for Tampa Bay (used to live there for a bit)

People are starting to see what this guy does to make a TEAM better.
Yeah she's literally at the top of my list of hot celebrities. Half Asian / White is amazing

I've been a big B. Rich fan for years, I used to love watching him in Tampa. I saw a lot more of him in Dallas though, as one of my best friends is a huge Stars fan so I used to catch literally every game with him for the last 2-3 seasons. We've barely scratched the surface of what Richards will do for this team.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:22 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
IMO that position is goalie. I have never seen this many high-quality goalies in the league all at one time before.
another very very good position. since 2000 i think the goaltender has been the most evolved position in the league. like you said the parity between each teams goaltender that starts gets more visible each passing season. the goalies today are insanely big and can really make some incredible moves. highly athletic and now seeing netminders 6'4 6'5 and are only gonna get bigger. i also think your starting to see that a lot of teams have very good goalie tandems where either goalie could be a number 1 on plenty of teams. its kinda like in the nfl a few years ago when all of a sudden teams started attacking with 2 running backs instead of using just the feature back.

NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
I don't know about top 5 but probably top 10. His shot on the 5 on 3 tonight that went off the post was a blast. He has elite vision and throughout his career has been very consistent. He is as you said a great hockey player.

Centers:
Crosby
Stamkos
Datsyuk
Malkin
Getzlaf

Toews
Richards
Thornton
Kopitar
Spezza

You left out Giroux who may lead the league in scoring this year.

This would be my list in order:

Crosby
Datsyuk
Malkin
Stamkos
Getzlaf
Thorton
Toews
Giroux
Backstrom
Kopitar
B.Richards
Spezza
M.Richards

Lots of great all around centers in the league so no shame in being bottom of top 10 or just outside looking in.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Guy View Post
I remember a few games back in the GDT there was a few posters saying how little he was doing for this team with his price tag

He is probably been the best UFA acquisition we have gotten in years so far.

Off the top of my head I can think of 7 points we might not have had without him.

- 2nd game of the season vs ANA when he scored with 2 minutes left to tie the game up. +1 point
- Game vs MTL where the habs got a fire under their ***** and were coming back but Richards quickly stopped that by scoring a huge goal to give us the 2 goal lead, ended up being the GWG. + 2 Points
- The waiting and waiting and waiting for the perfect pass to Girardi on the GWG to put us up 2-1 with 10 minutes left vs the Canes which opened the flood gates for a huge 5-1 win. + 2 points
- The huge clutch GWG goal yesterday night again. +2 points.

Without those 7 points in the standings we would be sitting in 13th place in the conference.

He's 2nd on the team with 13 points in 16 games, 3rd on the team with goals.

Frankly, it was embarrassing to see fans of this team trying to find faults with his game and putting his game down when he is been the most clutch player on this team so far and is consistently putting up points in games. Sadly, these were probably some of the same fans that were sticking up for Drury and the lack of anything he brought.
You miss-understood what I was saying. I said that if he stayed on his 65-70 point pace would people be happy with the signing at years end? Just pointed out the fact that Gomez scored the same amount of points his first season as well and people were already all over him for not scoring enough due to his contract.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I think on-his-game Eric Lindros could give Brad a run, but they were two different players.

Richards has that vision, dynamic playing ability. He reminds me of a better Nylander with a better shot. We are certainly not 10-3-3 if we have Eric Christensen, not Richards as our top center this year.
Brad Richards is not in the same league with Eric Lindros. Despite all his injuries(concussions,etc), he put up 100+ more points than games played in his career. If he had remained healthy(same for Forsberg,Kariya and Bure), he would have put up over 1500 points easily!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
ThirdEye

He's not putting up Brad Richards numbers yet (ppg+), but who cares when he's scoring goals like last night? That must've been the third or fourth game already where he's come through in the clutch

He's not terrible defensively, but I have noticed a few gaffs here and there. Maybe the coaches can iron out his issues there, but I think we might just have to take the bad with the good

I'm really surprised at his shot. It's hard and accurate. I'm surprised he's never scored more than 30 goals with that thing

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Poozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post

Crosby
Datsyuk
Malkin
Stamkos
Getzlaf
Thorton
Toews
Giroux
Backstrom
Kopitar
B.Richards
Spezza
M.Richards

Lots of great all around centers in the league so no shame in being bottom of top 10 or just outside looking in.
How has everyone forgotten Henrik Sedin in these lists? The guy won the MVP just 2 years ago.

Poozer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Brad Richards is not in the same league with Eric Lindros. Despite all his injuries(concussions,etc), he put up 100+ more points than games played in his career. If he had remained healthy(same for Forsberg,Kariya and Bure), he would have put up over 1500 points easily!
I'm talking about Lindros when he played for us, in response to a poster saying he was the best center we had had since Gretzky. We had Messier between then and now so I assumed he was talking about their performance at the time.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:42 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
You miss-understood what I was saying. I said that if he stayed on his 65-70 point pace would people be happy with the signing at years end? Just pointed out the fact that Gomez scored the same amount of points his first season as well and people were already all over him for not scoring enough due to his contract.
He's not going to stay at that pace... he's too good

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
I wasn't directing that at you, I don't remember who said what exactly, I just remember a handful of guys ganging up on Richards for various reasons. Didn't even remember the Gomez comment actually

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Crosby
Datsyuk
Malkin
Stamkos
Getzlaf
Thorton
Toews
Giroux
Backstrom
Kopitar
B.Richards
Spezza
M.Richards

Not sure how Kopitar is ahead of Richards when he's never had a 90 point season. Not sure I put Backstrom ahead of him either.