HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filatov to CSKA Moscow?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
  #51
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Агент нападающего Никиты Филатова Глеб Чистяков прокомментировал «Р-Спорт» информацию о возможном возвращении игрока из «Оттавы» в ЦСКА.
- Есть желание хоккейного клуба ЦСКА видеть Филатова в своих рядах. Окончательное решение по этому вопросу будет зависеть от того, что скажет «Оттава Сенаторз». Он находится под контрактом в этом клубе, поэтому говорить о возможности перехода преждевременно. Пока ясности по этому вопросу нет, – сказал агент хоккеиста.
В текущем сезоне Филатов провел за «Оттаву» 6 матчей и набрал 1 (0+1) очко..

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/492772

Simply, CSKA wants him but Ottawa must allow it and it is soon/early (I do not know right in English) to say about his return now.
Since when has a Russian ever needed permission to bolt to the KHL? If he's doing it out of respect for the organization then thats a different story.

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:33 AM
  #52
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?
 
wubwubwubwub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 13,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWP View Post
here's something i don't get, why is he constantly on formspring talking to internet strangers(?) about girls?
Like ok, a couple posts a week or even every couple days, but every single day? all the time?
It doesn't scream nhl commitment to me. It doesn't make him look very mature.
It doesnt scream NHL commitment but it doesnt scream anything else... I'm sure every NHLer has done several things that dont "scream NHL commitment."

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:34 AM
  #53
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
I dont think he deserves 10 games but 2 or 3 in the top 9? Absolutely. MacLean says he's a different player up here, playing without confidence. Give him a few games with talented players, and maybe he will finally start showing that confidence to pull off difficult plays.
Other players have earned their shot. He hasn't. Simple as that. The Ottawa Senators are more important than Nikita Filatov.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:36 AM
  #54
xking23
Petersson
 
xking23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Peterborough
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,313
vCash: 500
Personally if he does want to go play in Russia and we get another injury to the top 6, I'd have no problem giving him games playing with our better players. Basically telling him, prove to us you belong in the NHL and we will give you the best position to do so. If he doesn't produce and he'd rather go to Russia than Bingo then so be it, but at least it was his "fault" for not producing. Personally I think he just needs confidence back and if he were to play a top 6 role he should actually get some points. His play away from the puck seems strong enough where he just needs to focus on the offensive aspect of his game.

xking23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:41 AM
  #55
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xking23 View Post
Personally if he does want to go play in Russia and we get another injury to the top 6, I'd have no problem giving him games playing with our better players. Basically telling him, prove to us you belong in the NHL and we will give you the best position to do so. If he doesn't produce and he'd rather go to Russia than Bingo then so be it, but at least it was his "fault" for not producing. Personally I think he just needs confidence back and if he were to play a top 6 role he should actually get some points. His play away from the puck seems strong enough where he just needs to focus on the offensive aspect of his game.
Butler got 2 on the 4th line last night. Why cant Filatov?

People are just coming up with excuses now. He hasn't earned a thing and there are better players than him in the top 6.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:42 AM
  #56
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Since when has a Russian ever needed permission to bolt to the KHL? If he's doing it out of respect for the organization then thats a different story.
He is under contract in Sens. He cannot leave without it. Btw, this is what his agent said.... and he said too the situation is not bright now.

I will find other informations...

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:42 AM
  #57
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Агент нападающего Никиты Филатова Глеб Чистяков прокомментировал «Р-Спорт» информацию о возможном возвращении игрока из «Оттавы» в ЦСКА.
- Есть желание хоккейного клуба ЦСКА видеть Филатова в своих рядах. Окончательное решение по этому вопросу будет зависеть от того, что скажет «Оттава Сенаторз». Он находится под контрактом в этом клубе, поэтому говорить о возможности перехода преждевременно. Пока ясности по этому вопросу нет, – сказал агент хоккеиста.
В текущем сезоне Филатов провел за «Оттаву» 6 матчей и набрал 1 (0+1) очко..

http://www.sovsport.ru/news/text-item/492772

Simply, CSKA wants him but Ottawa must allow it and it is soon/early (I do not know right in English) to say about his return now. No words about Filatov decision only about interesting of CSKA. Of course Filatov must agree with this... we will see... .

I just ran that article through Google Translate, and from what I can gather from the broken english that I got back, it said that Filatov's "Russian Agent" Gleb Chistyakov has been in contact with CSKA Moscow, and that there is a desire to have him play on that KHL team.

The article even goes as far to say (of course, via Google Translate): "The final decision on this issue will depend on what he (Filatov) would say"

Sounds to me like Filatov has two agents: one to deal with his North American interests (Meehan?), and another to deal with his Russian stuff (this Chistyakov character). Seems to me like the Russian Agent is making sure that IF Filatov wants to come back, there's a spot for him.

I'm not sure an ultimatum has been issued here... it could just be a case of Russian Agent making sure the Russian side of his player is looked after.

I'm sure we'll find out more in the next little while...

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:44 AM
  #58
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher
 
JonnyMacSen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
He is under contract in Sens. He cannot leave without it. Btw, this is what his agent said.... and he said too the situation is not bright now.

I will find other informations...
Tell that to Radulov

JonnyMacSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
  #59
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Tell that to Radulov
But now NHL and KHL has agreement about it. In this time not.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:47 AM
  #60
HappyDude
Classless
 
HappyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Butler got 2 on the 4th line last night. Why cant Filatov?

People are just coming up with excuses now. He hasn't earned a thing and there are better players than him in the top 6.
This is the worst argument I have ever hear. Butler scored two goals LAST NIGHT after playing 10 games. Filatov have played 6 games. If Butler hadn't have gotten lucky and potted those two would you still use this argument? If Filatov had played four more games gotten lucky and scored two would you use this argument? Anyone can pot a couple goals on any night on any line but its not going to tell you their future production.
FACT: skilled top 6 guys need an opportunity to play with other skilled top 6 guys.
One game can turn it all around according to your argument (which is terrible)

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:49 AM
  #61
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensjersey11 View Post
I just ran that article through Google Translate, and from what I can gather from the broken english that I got back, it said that Filatov's "Russian Agent" Gleb Chistyakov has been in contact with CSKA Moscow, and that there is a desire to have him play on that KHL team.

The article even goes as far to say (of course, via Google Translate): "The final decision on this issue will depend on what he (Filatov) would say"

Sounds to me like Filatov has two agents: one to deal with his North American interests (Meehan?), and another to deal with his Russian stuff (this Chistyakov character). Seems to me like the Russian Agent is making sure that IF Filatov wants to come back, there's a spot for him.

I'm not sure an ultimatum has been issued here... it could just be a case of Russian Agent making sure the Russian side of his player is looked after.

I'm sure we'll find out more in the next little while...
Only about wishing CSKA and that Ottawa must agree, that the situation is not bright and it is too early to say about it nothing more, nothing about Filatov.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:51 AM
  #62
RedWhiteBlackGold
Registered User
 
RedWhiteBlackGold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlottetown, PE
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
This is the worst argument I have ever hear. Butler scored two goals LAST NIGHT after playing 10 games. Filatov have played 6 games. If Butler hadn't have gotten lucky and potted those two would you still use this argument? If Filatov had played four more games gotten lucky and scored two would you use this argument? Anyone can pot a couple goals on any night on any line but its not going to tell you their future production.
FACT: skilled top 6 guys need an opportunity to play with other skilled top 6 guys.
One game can turn it all around according to your argument (which is terrible)
Yeah I was just going to say the same thing... Butler hasn't earned anything, he was horrible up until last night. The difference is Butler has a one way and Filatov has a two way, otherwise Bobby B would have been sent down to work on his game and earn a spot as well.

__________________
http://i60.tinypic.com/2vmddhj.png
RedWhiteBlackGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
  #63
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
This is the worst argument I have ever hear. Butler scored two goals LAST NIGHT after playing 10 games. Filatov have played 6 games. If Butler hadn't have gotten lucky and potted those two would you still use this argument? If Filatov had played four more games gotten lucky and scored two would you use this argument? Anyone can pot a couple goals on any night on any line but its not going to tell you their future production.
FACT: skilled top 6 guys need an opportunity to play with other skilled top 6 guys.
One game can turn it all around according to your argument (which is terrible)
Funny how you say that's a fact when it's not even close to true. Most guys develope into top 6 guys through hard work and working their way up through the system and eventually through the depth chart.

I used Butler as an example because he's working hard and last night he finally got some results. That's the point. It's not an arguement, it's what actually happened.

Players don't get top 6 mins handed to them, they earn it. Like I have mentioned to you before, you can't plug guys into your lineup like season mode in your super cool NHL12. Real life is a little different I'm afraid.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:56 AM
  #64
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Butler on the 4th line is usually going up against 4th lines and bottom pairing D's, and the fact of the matter is he netted 2 goals playing with Konopka, who everyone here thinks he sucks, its a good point brought up.

Filatov on the 4th line isn't going up against the NHL's best, he should be able to produce somewhat on the bottom lines, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. But I'm sure the Filatov excuse crew will have their reasons why he can ONLY produce in the top 6, and not the black hole of despair that is the bottom 6 of the NHL.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:57 AM
  #65
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWhiteBlackGold View Post
Yeah I was just going to say the same thing... Butler hasn't earned anything, he was horrible up until last night. The difference is Butler has a one way and Filatov has a two way, otherwise Bobby B would have been sent down to work on his game and earn a spot as well.
Butler came into camp totally out of shape and resting on his one way deal, absolutely agree. Fact is though he has earned his way back into the lineup through hard work in practice (which people don't actually see and not sure if they know it even exsists) and by trying to be a more complete and responsible player away from the puck.

Does one game where he scores 2 goals on the 4th line mean he's going to get 20 this year? Absolutely not. But so far he has made the best of a bad personal situation and he got some results last night.

Filatov on the other hand wants to go back to Russia. See where the difference is?

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:58 AM
  #66
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Butler on the 4th line is usually going up against 4th lines and bottom pairing D's, and the fact of the matter is he netted 2 goals playing with Konopka, who everyone here thinks he sucks, its a good point brought up.

Filatov on the 4th line isn't going up against the NHL's best, he should be able to produce somewhat on the bottom lines, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. But I'm sure the Filatov excuse crew will have their reasons why he can ONLY produce in the top 6, and not the black hole of despair that is the bottom 6 of the NHL.
He doesn't even need to produce, he needs to get scoring chances or set some up. That's all the coaches would need for him to move up the depth chart. You can count the chances he's created or been a part of with one hand, maybe with one finger.

If Filatov's attitude is like a lot of people on this board, well it's no wonder he's a total bust to this point.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:59 AM
  #67
Xspyrit
Registered User
 
Xspyrit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Country: Italy
Posts: 13,858
vCash: 500
Filatov should really have a deadline for making the NHL. Just be patient and give yourself ALL SEASON to breakout into the NHL.

Can't give up after 19 games into the season

Xspyrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
  #68
salomonster
Registered User
 
salomonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Double dot
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
We just lost a precious 3rd round pick
You're kidding right?

If you count Filitov as a 1st rounder which he was, Ottawa has FOUR 1st round picks in this year's draft.

I would gamble a 3rd rounder for Filatov everyday...

Even if he doens't work out, Ottawa had THREE 1st round picks... So the 3rd (traded for Filatov) may not appear to have worked still.

There's not 3 round pick in this year's draft that would have the chance or opportunity to do what Filatov could do...

It's also safe to say that the 3rd rounder would not also play 1st line minutes in Bingo as is Filatov right now...

Ottawa needs top 6 forwards and specifically and 2nd line center, that would have NEVER happened with a 3rd round pick in this years draft...

salomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:02 AM
  #69
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 500
lololololool

I'll be fine with him going. He's awful.

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:02 AM
  #70
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar
 
PeterSidorkiewicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Michigan
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 15,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
He doesn't even need to produce, he needs to get scoring chances or set some up. That's all the coaches would need for him to move up the depth chart. You can count the chances he's created or been a part of with one hand, maybe with one finger.

If Filatov's attitude is like a lot of people on this board, well it's no wonder he's a total bust to this point.
I agree, if he actually looks like he's doing something playing on a bottom line that would be a nice start. Hell, just GO TO THE NET or engage in the play, he's floating around the perimeter anytime I've seen him play thus far.

PeterSidorkiewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:05 AM
  #71
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
I agree, if he actually looks like he's doing something playing on a bottom line that would be a nice start. Hell, just GO TO THE NET or engage in the play, he's floating around the perimeter anytime I've seen him play thus far.
Don't think his skate has touched blue ice in his life.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
  #72
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
But I would like to see where is written that Filatov is considering to return to Russia because in Russian text nothing written similar there. Only about CSKA interesting.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:10 AM
  #73
Holdurbreathe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
Filatov has seriously cooled off, he deserves another shot in the NHL and if we get an injury here or there they should bring him up.

Seeinh how the 4th line is playing with Butler and Winny now, he deserves a shot there and could create a nice 4th attacking line....but Konopka has been 500 times better then I ever gave him credit for and it would be hard to bench him for 5-6 straight games to give Filatov an audition.
I think you have actually stated the problem, not a solution. Players like Butler and Filatov really aren't playing to their strength with six minutes a night on a fourth line centered by Konopka or Winchester.

Last night was an anomoly, nobody should expect Butler or Filatov to score with any regularity playing on the fourth line.

The reality is the Sens forward group all have more experience, are older and more physically developed than Filatov at this point in time. The only Sen comparable to Filatov is Da Costa, who is still a year older, and in all likelyhood would be in Binghamton if Regin wasn't injured.

Murray made his decision, the rebuild with youth was the defence first, the signings of Butler, Condra, Greening, and Smith gave the young forward prospects more time to develop. Next year with Zibanejad, Hoffman, and Silfverberg also in the hunt for NHL positions, the road to the NHL becomes even more difficult for Filatov.

Filatov just needs time, whether that is in the AHL or KHL. He needs to mature physically, play top line minutes and feel confident enough with his game to take it to the next level.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:12 AM
  #74
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Butler on the 4th line is usually going up against 4th lines and bottom pairing D's, and the fact of the matter is he netted 2 goals playing with Konopka, who everyone here thinks he sucks, its a good point brought up.

Filatov on the 4th line isn't going up against the NHL's best, he should be able to produce somewhat on the bottom lines, AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE. But I'm sure the Filatov excuse crew will have their reasons why he can ONLY produce in the top 6, and not the black hole of despair that is the bottom 6 of the NHL.
He scored against Bouwmeester and Giordano did he not?

Filatov shouldn't get another shot until he proves he can score consistently in the AHL, as in be a point per game or close to it.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:12 AM
  #75
Billy Madison*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,101
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdurbreathe View Post
I think you have actually stated the problem, not a solution. Players like Butler and Filatov really aren't playing to their strength with six minutes a night on a fourth line centered by Konopka or Winchester.

Last night was an anomoly, nobody should expect Butler or Filatov to score with any regularity playing on the fourth line.

The reality is the Sens forward group all have more experience, are older and more physically developed than Filatov at this point in time. The only Sen comparable to Filatov is Da Costa, who is still a year older, and in all likelyhood would be in Binghamton if Regin wasn't injured.

Murray made his decision, the rebuild with youth was the defence first, the signings of Butler, Condra, Greening, and Smith gave the young forward prospects more time to develop. Next year with Zibanejad, Hoffman, and Silfverberg also in the hunt for NHL positions, the road to the NHL becomes even more difficult for Filatov.

Filatov just needs time, whether that is in the AHL or KHL. He needs to mature physically and mentally, play top line minutes and feel confident enough with his game to take it to the next level.
Think that's the biggest part.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.