HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Montreal 990 Rumor: Gomez To Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Doesn't make sense...but, it's a you take my problem, and I'll take yours...

Old
11-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Jigger77

Hasn't Komi stepped up his game this year?

Old
Zorro

FWIW...dregger did say this morning that a team sent an offer to the leafs asking for Franson in exchange for a 2nd round pic + player.

Old
noobman

As a Leafs fan I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Lombo is a solid bottom six forward, and while Komisarek hasn't been great for us (though much improved) I would hate to give him up if it's Scott Gomez coming back in return.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I wouldn't touch it. Komisareks contract might be the only other contract in the NHL as bad as Gomez's.
but it buys us an extra ~3.5 mil next year. so all in all not a bad deal for us

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
We got enough depth when Markov returns to not have a place for Komi. If we did the trade and sent komi to the minors, I would be sold.
for spite

Old
11-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Andy

Wait...how was this phrased on who said it? I'm very skeptical about people reporting what they heard on the radio.

Also this makes 0 sense for the leafs unless Burke is unwilling to put Komi is the ahl and gauthier is unwilling to put Gomez in the ahl, but to save face about signing/trading the player. Then after they will both be placed in the ahl?

That's the only way I see a trade happening but even at that its highly unlikely.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Halifaxhab*

I'd do this deal, as it actually gives us some usable pieces in exchange, and some cap flexibilty next season. Lombardi is a local boy who could help the 3rd line and Komi can be a servicable Dman....especially when our other option right now is calling up St-Denis

Old
11-16-2011, 11:28 AM
neofury*

Reasons this makes no sense and should be locked:

1) Team 990. Sorry but Tony and co are a lot less credible than most people realize. With Markov and a few other cases they have some credibility because they know people close to the player at hand. With stuff like this it's almost exclusively hogwash.
2) Why would Burke acquire Gomez a guy he didn't even want on his Olympic squad a few meager years ago? Meanwhile Gionta was an even better candidate and wasn't selected, so why would he take Gomez for his NHL club if he didn't deem him good enough to be a 3rd liner on his olympic club? Makes absolutely no sense.
3) Why would Burke trade Komi and especially for Gomez? He's openly denied all rumors up until now (and he's the kind of guy to blab) and he's actually recently said he doesn't get fans beef with Komi and that he loves the way he plays. Sure doesn't sound like a guy he's looking to trade.
4) It was said on team 990
5) It was a rumor from team 990
6) Even Eklund hasn't reported it and you can be sure if it was even a faint rumor he would.

Old
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
As a Leafs fan I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Lombo is a solid bottom six forward, and while Komisarek hasn't been great for us (though much improved) I would hate to give him up if it's Scott Gomez coming back in return.
Less than thrilling for Habs fans either...

Old
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Doesn't he have a NTC?

Would he refuse to come back here?

We need someone big on the right side (been saying that since April) and no matter how bad Komi has been playing, a second journey with the General might just be what the doctor ordered for Komi.
Modified NTC, according to capgeek, he supplies the Leafs with a list of teams (that he can change on June 15th of each year) he agrees to be traded to.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
Cookie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
FWIW...dregger did say this morning that a team sent an offer to the leafs asking for Franson in exchange for a 2nd round pic + player.
i doubt it us (prob dallas after losing goligoski) but if its us, i can't see it being anything more than a palushaj type (maybe hes being shown off lately) and the 2nd.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
ROEN
@OrenWeizman

The Canadiens Komisarek knew are not the Canadiens on the ice today.

The Lucic Komisarek knew tho ...

Old
11-16-2011, 11:30 AM
habitue*

Komisarek # 8 Habs jersey is available...

Old
11-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
You guys need a top 6 defensive/shutdown center. AS much as people don't like Gomez, there aren't many of those available.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
What's up with Franson having only played 4 games this year? Healthy scratch or injury?

Old
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
This wouldn't help the Habs at all
How does this "not" help the habs?

1) We get rid of Gomez cap hit next year and the year after while only having Komisarek's on a team that is depleted on D and could use the type of D Komi is and was when he played for us.

2) Lombardi is currently better than Gomez and would be a better fill in if Desharnais, Eller or Plekanec get hurt.

3) Lombardi is UFA at the end of this season.

We lose a player at one position and gain a better player at that position while simultaneously taking on an overpaid player who has the same term as Gomez but with far less cap hit and actually addresses an organizational need.

How in the **** does this deal "not help"? You make it sound as if we have one of the top defensive units in the NHL.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Reasons this makes no sense and should be locked:

1) Team 990. Sorry but Tony and co are a lot less credible than most people realize. With Markov and a few other cases they have some credibility because they know people close to the player at hand. With stuff like this it's almost exclusively hogwash.
2) Why would Burke acquire Gomez a guy he didn't even want on his Olympic squad a few meager years ago? Meanwhile Gionta was an even better candidate and wasn't selected, so why would he take Gomez for his NHL club if he didn't deem him good enough to be a 3rd liner on his olympic club? Makes absolutely no sense.
3) Why would Burke trade Komi and especially for Gomez? He's openly denied all rumors up until now (and he's the kind of guy to blab) and he's actually recently said he doesn't get fans beef with Komi and that he loves the way he plays. Sure doesn't sound like a guy he's looking to trade.
4) It was said on team 990
5) It was a rumor from team 990
6) Even Eklund hasn't reported it and you can be sure if it was even a faint rumor he would.

I'm not a huge fan of Tony either but in the last 2-3 years he has called some trades and got that right

Why would Burke deal Komi, so he could keep and play Franson instead I guess

This is a rumor , let us have fun and discuss about it, you don't need to post and can ignore the thread

Old
11-16-2011, 11:34 AM
x-bob

I have no idea about how much credibility there is in this rumor but I would do it. Gomez has been very useless and his cap hit is awful. Lombardi can be useful and even Komisarek can fill a void as a #6-7. Maybe he would be able to regain some chemistry with Markov. I don't really care about their cap hit because, at the end of the day, it will equal Gomez's and give substantial cap relief for next season with Lombardi hitting free agency. I don't see why the Leafs would do this though.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I'm not a huge fan of Tony either but in the last 2-3 years he has called some trades and got that right

Why would Burke deal Komi, so he could keep and play Franson instead I guess

This is a rumor , let us have fun and discuss about it, you don't need to post and can ignore the thread
Would you accept a 7,4 cap hit for the next 4 years just for the sake of playing Franson ?

Is Gomez that much better than Grabovski or Lombardi or any centers they already have ?

Old
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
How does this "not" help the habs?

1) We get rid of Gomez cap hit next year and the year after while only having Komisarek's on a team that is depleted on D and could use the type of D Komi is and was when he played for us.

2) Lombardi is currently better than Gomez and would be a better fill in if Desharnais, Eller or Plekanec get hurt.

3) Lombardi is UFA at the end of this season.

We lose a player at one position and gain a better player at that position while simultaneously taking on an overpaid player who has the same term as Gomez but with far less cap hit and actually addresses an organizational need.

How in the **** does this deal "not help"? You make it sound as if we have one of the top defensive units in the NHL.
I guess you didn't read past my 1st post in this thread, nice job

Also why are you discussing a rumor about the TEAM 990?

Old
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob View Post
I have no idea about how much credibility there is in this rumor but I would do it. Gomez has been very useless and his cap hit is awful. Lombardi can be useful and even Komisarek can fill a void as a #6-7. Maybe he would be able to regain some chemistry with Markov. I don't really care about their cap hit because, at the end of the day, it will equal Gomez's and give substantial cap relief for next season with Lombardi hitting free agency. I don't see why the Leafs would do this though.
Komi would play with Markov. That's the only way he can look real good.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Bill McNeal

You'd think if this were true that it would be all over Twitter. And that it would make more sense.

Old
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Komisarek # 8 Habs jersey is available...
Had one stitched up this morning, just in case

Old
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloumeister View Post
Had one stitched up this morning, just in case

LOL !

Old
11-16-2011, 11:39 AM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Komi would play with Markov. That's the only way he can look real good.
Yea I stated that afterward that he might be able to regain his chemistry with Markov which would make him a valuable asset. What I meant to say is, at the very least, he can fill in as a #6-7 once all our bodies are healthy

Closed Thread