HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eric Tangradi

Old
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
mpp9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
He's the slowest player in the lineup. Like, there's not a single player on the team he can skate faster than.

Ok there's one. He's faster than Steve Macintyre.

As for the Knuble comment, yeah ET might carve out his niche as that type of player, but so far all I've seen is a big slow guy who can occasionally chip a puck in and retrieve it. He's basically Mike Rupp with even less offensive talent because Mike Rupp at least occasionally pulled a nice offensive play out of his ass.

Not saying he can't/won't improve mind you. But I'm not going to drink the kool aid because it's not very tasty kool aid at the moment. If they put in a little more sweeteners and make it tastier, then I might partake. But right now all I see is some water with cheap food coloring in it and maybe a teaspoon of sweetner from those pink packets you get at restaurants.
Wrong.

Did you seriously just type that last paragraph?

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Pancakes

Forgive me if I don't fall at the feet and worship Eric "3 points in 18 career games" Tangradi.

Face it, all he's done in any of his callups is flash occasional forechecking skill. That's it. He's shown not one iota offensively other than being an effective screen on like one powerplay in a playoff game. Woopdee dooo.

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:56 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Forgive me if I don't fall at the feet and worship Eric "3 points in 18 career games" Tangradi.

Face it, all he's done in any of his callups is flash occasional forechecking skill. That's it. He's shown not one iota offensively other than being an effective screen on like one powerplay in a playoff game. Woopdee dooo.
Oh, so we're worshiping him now?

That's interesting...

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Xavier Laflamme

Quote:
He's the slowest player in the lineup. Like, there's not a single player on the team he can skate faster than.

As for the Knuble comment, yeah ET might carve out his niche as that type of player, but so far all I've seen is a big slow guy who can occasionally chip a puck in and retrieve it. He's basically Mike Rupp with even less offensive talent because Mike Rupp at least occasionally pulled a nice offensive play out of his ass.

Not saying he can't/won't improve mind you. But I'm not going to drink the kool aid because it's not very tasty kool aid at the moment. If they put in a little more sweeteners and make it tastier, then I might partake. But right now all I see is some water with cheap food coloring in it and maybe a teaspoon of sweetner from those pink packets you get at restaurants.
“What you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Xavier Laflamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownFever View Post
Oh, so we're worshiping him now?

That's interesting...
Were you not around last year when everyone and their mother was clamoring for him to be given #1 powerplay unit time just because the powerplay happened to score once when he was on the ice?

Old
11-15-2011, 03:02 PM
Xavier Laflamme

Quote:

Ryan Malone didn't get called until something like 4 or 5 years after he was drafted..you would have probably cut him in his second day of training camp

Xavier Laflamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Were you not around last year when everyone and their mother was clamoring for him to be given #1 powerplay unit time just because the powerplay happened to score once when he was on the ice?
Who were those people saying that?

Also the PP scored more than just one time with him in front of the net. People are just referencing the one goal scored on the PP in the Tampa series.

Either way you seem to hate him only because of the way other people are treating him, and are completely off base of where he's at as a player right now.

He's nowhere near as bad as you are making him out to be. He has room to grow, but he's played very well in these last two games, and has made a bunch of nice passes in tight around the net.

He's also said himself that he's keeping his game simple at the moment and trying to focus on the basics because that's what the coaches are asking him to do. I'm pretty sure he'd rather please them instead of a mere fan like yourself.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:09 PM
WVP

I thought Tangradi looked a bit on the slow side as well? Certainly no better than average NHL speed but it's fine for his size. I only caught the second half of the Carolina game but he looked like a house on skates, trucking back and forth behind the net and making some nifty passes.

Still think he has serious potential as a fixture on the PP in front of the net.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinX View Post
Ryan Malone didn't get called until something like 4 or 5 years after he was drafted..you would have probably cut him in his second day of training camp
Yeah of course I would. Because I obviously said I want Eric Tangradi gone from the system. I want no part of him in our prospect pool.

Oh wait I didn't say that, what I said was he's been far from impressive in any of his NHL games in his career to date. He's got a long way to go as a prospect still.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:14 PM
JTG

Quote:

You're miles off. I mean...miles.

Tangradi isn't a burner, but to say he's the slowest guy on the ice is wrong. Saying he's nothing more than Mike Rupp is wrong.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:15 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
Yeah of course I would. Because I obviously said I want Eric Tangradi gone from the system. I want no part of him in our prospect pool.

Oh wait I didn't say that, what I said was he's been far from impressive in any of his NHL games in his career to date. He's got a long way to go as a prospect still.
Except if you actually watched his last game against Carolina, you would have saw he was impressive. You probably were too busy complaining to notice though.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
Except if you actually watched his last game against Carolina, you would have saw he was impressive. You probably were too busy complaining to notice though.
What's so impressive about having a few good forechecking shifts? Any fourth liner in the NHL can do that. I'm sorry but that's just not that exciting or impressive. Dan Bylsma expects any player he puts on the ice to be responsible defensively and have a few good forechecking shifts a game. That's literally the bare minimum expected of an NHL player. There's nothing impressive about seeing a call-up have a few good forechecking shifts.

And that's all he's done ever for us. He has one goal in 18 career games. One. Goal. Even as a fourth liner at the NHL level you have to produce *some* offense to keep a roster spot, or else be really freaking good at penalty killing like Craig Adams is.

I'll be impressed with ET the moment he flashes some offensive skill that shows he can do more than just tread water at the NHL level. The Pens have thrown him into the water and he's shown he can keep his head above water without drowning, now it's time to show that he can swim around a little bit and put his own stamp on things.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:26 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
What's so impressive about having a few good forechecking shifts? Any fourth liner in the NHL can do that. I'm sorry but that's just not that exciting or impressive. Dan Bylsma expects any player he puts on the ice to be responsible defensively and have a few good forechecking shifts a game. That's literally the bare minimum expected of an NHL player. There's nothing impressive about seeing a call-up have a few good forechecking shifts.

And that's all he's done ever for us. He has one goal in 18 career games. One. Goal. Even as a fourth liner at the NHL level you have to produce *some* offense to keep a roster spot, or else be really freaking good at penalty killing like Craig Adams is.

I'll be impressed with ET the moment he flashes some offensive skill that shows he can do more than just tread water at the NHL level. The Pens have thrown him into the water and he's shown he can keep his head above water without drowning, now it's time to show that he can swim around a little bit and put his own stamp on things.
I"m sorry but you couldn't be more wrong about something. There's really not even any point in arguing with you about it.

I better just block you now before I get some stupid infraction.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Funk311

Tangradi's speed may hurt him in this system or in DBs inner circle of high flying grinders.

But, I dont think it will mean he becomes are career 4th liner. There are alot of ways to be effective in a hockey game. You just need to use what you have to its maximum potential. If your 5'11 and 180 you need speed to go around because your not going through. If your a hyper player who likes to hound the puck, you also NEED speed.

But hockey history is full of guys who had fine careers without being exceptional skaters. Vision, hands, size, and balance can go a long way.

I kind of like the koolaid comment though. Nothing wrong with a little uniqueness in a post.

Funk311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
I"m sorry but you couldn't be more wrong about something. There's really not even any point in arguing with you about it.

I better just block you now before I get some stupid infraction.
I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers by expressing an opinion contrary to your own. I'll remember not to annoy you in the future by posting any opinions that differ from your own.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:31 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
I'm sorry I ruffled your feathers by expressing an opinion contrary to your own. I'll remember not to annoy you in the future by posting any opinions that differ from your own.
I'm perfectly fine. No feathers have been ruffled here I assure you. I just can't respect your opinion when you're that completely off base. It shows me that you lack the ability to accurately judge how somebody plays. Because of that I have no reason to read your posts anymore.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Pancakes

Quote:
I'm perfectly fine. No feathers have been ruffled here I assure you. I just can't respect your opinion when you're that completely off base. It shows me that you lack the ability to accurately judge how somebody plays. Because of that I have no reason to read your posts anymore.
So you can't respect my opinion because you believe it to be wrong, basically. That's incredibly childish, but fair enough, I won't pester you further.

Enjoy riding your high horse.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
mpp9

Quote:
So you can't respect my opinion because you believe it to be wrong, basically. That's incredibly childish, but fair enough, I won't pester you further.

Enjoy riding your high horse.
This team lacks a player with Tangradi's skillset. Being able to hold onto the puck down low, make some plays from there and be a force in front of the net.

Mike Rupp could not do what Tangradi did against Carolina in the third period. If you can't see that then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Tangradi has to prove to DB that he's managing the puck well in all three zones. He's starting to simplify and dump the puck in to get a cycle going. From there, we will see his skillset shine. Just a matter of time and opportunity with skilled players who can finish his hard work.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:08 PM
JTG

I don't know how fast people expect a 6'4 230 lb player to skate. For his size, Tangradi can move.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:43 PM
malkovsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
This team lacks a player with Tangradi's skillset. Being able to hold onto the puck down low, make some plays from there and be a force in front of the net.

Mike Rupp could not do what Tangradi did against Carolina in the third period. If you can't see that then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Tangradi has to prove to DB that he's managing the puck well in all three zones. He's starting to simplify and dump the puck in to get a cycle going. From there, we will see his skillset shine. Just a matter of time and opportunity with skilled players who can finish his hard work.
agreed..developing a player in the power forward role takes time..im sure tangradi will start producing once he develops that type of "mean" mentality

malkovsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:

He's also faster than Adams and Asham.

Quote:
Apparently you missed last game when he was holding onto the puck for as long as he wanted to along the boards, and made a few nice feeds in front of the net that weren't capitalized on.

If you're expecting Tangradi to make highlight reel plays, you're going to be disappointed. If you understand that his game is being big and strong in front of the net and along the boards, and using those attributes to buy time and space to make plays, then his progression and value are easy to see.

Quote:
Basically, you'll believe he's a legit prospect once he's developed, eh? How prescient of you.

Quote:
Given how our powerplay performed in last year's playoffs, I'd say we could've used any help we could get.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Jag68Sid87

Speed is overrated when a player is as big as Tangradi, can dominate along the wall like Tangradi, has hockey sense and playmaking ability like Tangradi, et al.

I still think it's uncool that they scratched him last night after he played such a strong game vs. Carolina. But I guess we lost so that was the justification to change the lineup. Bylsma is not a Tangradi fan, clearly.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:44 AM
SirBrad

The Pittsburgh Penguins have re-assigned forward Eric Tangradi to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton of the American Hockey League, it was announced today by executive vice president and general manager Ray Shero.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.ht...fb-pghpenguins

SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:46 AM
khaoskennedy

i was wondering if they had sent him down yet, sucks he didnt get to play more in the NHL but cant complain since some people are finally healthy

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote