HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Inconsistency & upcoming home stand

Old
11-16-2011, 10:11 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Inconsistency & upcoming home stand

As almost all of us know, this Avs team since 3 years ago has been huge victims of inconsistent play and has been shown in full glory the last three games. Starting off slow or finishing slow, what this team lacks is a solid game. Sixty minutes of pushing the pace to the other team. Something we don't have and yes the players do get some of the blame, the coach should also get equal or even more of the blame because it's his jobs to prepare the players and get them fired up. I don't even care of his lack of system, but his inconsistency should be Sacco's biggest downfall of this year.

I know it's still early, but I honestly believe that the upcoming homestand will determine if we're a playoff team or not.

Fri Nov 18, 2011 Stars Avalanche 7:00 PM ALT(HD)
Sun Nov 20, 2011 Sharks Avalanche 6:00 PM ALT(HD)
Wed Nov 23, 2011 Canucks Avalanche 7:30 PM ALT(HD)
Sat Nov 26, 2011 Oilers Avalanche 5:00 PM CBC, ALT(HD)
Mon Nov 28, 2011 Stars Avalanche 7:00 PM ALT(HD)
Wed Nov 30, 2011 Devils Avalanche 7:30 PM ALT(HD)
Fri Dec 2, 2011 Blues Avalanche 7:00 PM ALT(HD)
Sun Dec 4, 2011 Red Win. Avalanche 6:00 PM ALT(HD)

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
foppagirl21

vCash: 500
DUN DUN DUN!

The guys better figure out their home woes asap, otherwise we will be in for an interesting few weeks.

foppagirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
they'll finish 0-7-2 in the next 8 games.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
At least the avs are not down 2-0 in the first 3 minutes of the game like so many games last season.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:29 AM
the_fan

vCash: 500
The only POSSIBLE win i see out of those 8 games is against the Blue Jackets, or the Devils. They could win both games, but this are the Avs we are talking about, there is no way they will win 2 games in a row, seeing how they play the Devils then Jackets the next game.

the_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:34 AM
electricjib

I love the Avs, the players and it's history. I've been a fan since they moved to Denver.

I truly believe this team has the talent to do something. Maybe not win the cup, but I think they can compete, they've shown that.

I will not buy tickets to any home game at this point though. Until Sacco is fired, or something is done to get this team on track. I feel like the staff and management are really letting our young players down here. We've seen what this team can do. We know the talent is there. But when so many key players are having up and down seasons and games it really comes to the coaching staff and management.

If they don't hire a goal tending coach or some change in the staff, this team and it's players will likely want to walk at some point. Sacco is starting to call out Varly, we all know how that will go. If the owners and management can't see the issue at hand and aren't trying to fix it. Why would I spend my money to go to the games? I work hard to eat and pay rent. Hockey is a luxury. I'd love to watch and go to games but if they're not trying to give us something better why should we go?

I'm appreciative of each game I get to go to, but at this point after how last year ended and this year started and is now...it's a waste of money for me. I'll never stop being a fan, but i'll stop giving my money a way to something that isn't being fixed. I'll gladly root from stolen internet feeds, on forums and following box scores. Obviously there is stuff we know and don't know.

I work in the ski industry for a reputable company. We may not have a voice on Ski Forums and boards, but we definitely keep a close eye on it. It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if a few players or online marketing folks cruised over to the Avs boards of HFboards every once and awhile.

Sorry didn't know where to post my rant. But I think we're in for a brutal home stand. Still praying Adater's twitter mentions Sacco being fired at some point today.

electricjib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

Our boys can win any of those games.

Sacco can get out-coached in any of those games.

*shakes the magic 8-ball*

"Outlook Unfavorable"

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Razor29
52-22-8

Well.. at least I'm only missing 3 games next week.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:47 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
If nothing is done, I bet Columbus wins more games in the next 10 then the Avs. It's going to be hard to watch.

The sad part is that it is still early, and they could easily salvage the season.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote