Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

The Slovak Hockey Transactions and News Thread

Old
11-03-2011, 04:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Patrik Zackrisson, Jonas Junland, Karl Fabricius, Staffan Kronwall, Martin Thörnberg, Mikko Mäenpää, Niclas Lucenius, Teemu Lassila, Tuukka Mäntylä, Tuomas Tarkki, Mikko Lehtonen, Pasi Puistola, Juuso Hietanen, Pekka Tuokkola, Jakub Petruzalek, Martin Ruzicka, Petr Vrana, Lukas Krajicek, HC LEV guys, all came to KHL last summer. All belonged to best players of national leagues last season. You have to know that there is limited space for non-russians in KHL, not everybody can play here

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:21 AM
Juzmo
rip

vCash: 6969
If Zaborsky scores 40(+) goals and/or plays a good WC-tournament I'd lean towards the NHL since he has said that it is his goal.

But at this point both (NHL and KHL) are a possibility.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:04 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
More info on that one? Hope he gets a decent contract in the NHL, going to KHL would be...well, just lame. That wouldn't be a step forward in his career, except ofcourse for his wallet. I'm starting to think the level of play in KHL might be "a bit" overrated nowadays, seeing the likes of Jakub Petruzalek and Petr Vrana completely DESTROYING the league, both of the guys who were only good second liners in AHL/SM-Liiga/Cze Extraliga...
To be fair both Vrana and Petruzalek are still progressing and that's what palyers do when having breakthrough season.

zorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Patrik Zackrisson, Jonas Junland, Karl Fabricius, Staffan Kronwall, Martin Thörnberg, Mikko Mäenpää, Niclas Lucenius, Teemu Lassila, Tuukka Mäntylä, Tuomas Tarkki, Mikko Lehtonen, Pasi Puistola, Juuso Hietanen, Pekka Tuokkola, Jakub Petruzalek, Martin Ruzicka, Petr Vrana, Lukas Krajicek, HC LEV guys, all came to KHL last summer. All belonged to best players of national leagues last season. You have to know that there is limited space for non-russians in KHL, not everybody can play here
You mentioned in your previous post that all the best players in Europe go to KHL, I gave you an example proving otherwise. With that list of players you did not prove me wrong. That is a bunch of pretty good hockey players, but still, there are loads of better hockey players than that playing in every top European hockey league.

IMHO the best option for Zaborsky would be taking a two way deal (if and probably when a one way contract isn't being offered) in the NHL. He realizes he's on a completely different level than he was back when he played with the Rangers system. If he can't hack it and gets stuck in the AHL then come back to Europe.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 01:02 PM
Juzmo
rip

And after the little brake Zaborsky scores the game-winner against Jokerit in overtime on the powerplay. Also got an assist on the goal that tied the game in the third and is now tied second in points.

Old
11-18-2011, 03:10 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
And after the little brake Zaborsky scores the game-winner against Jokerit in overtime on the powerplay. Also got an assist on the goal that tied the game in the third and is now tied second in points.
Too bad he might not even finish the seasom as he´s playing with an injured shoulder and on pain medication and an eventual surgery seems unavoidable.....even if he finishes the season I don´t think we will see him at the IHWC, if not for the injury, I think the coaches might not be happy with how he handled excusing himself from the DC tourney....:/

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 11:24 AM
Juzmo
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
Too bad he might not even finish the seasom as he´s playing with an injured shoulder and on pain medication and an eventual surgery seems unavoidable.....even if he finishes the season I don´t think we will see him at the IHWC, if not for the injury, I think the coaches might not be happy with how he handled excusing himself from the DC tourney....:/
I doubt that the fact that he wanted to rest a bit more because of the injury the coaches wouldn't want to pick him if everything else was fine. Or am I missing something here?

Oh, the first period ended and Zabo scored his 17th goal of the season while being shorthanded. 30 goals in his last 36 reg.season games.

Edit. And that is 18.

Last edited by Juzmo: 11-18-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old
11-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Indian

There was some buzz about a proposal of Slovan Bratislava, HC Košice and even Dukla Trenčín joining the czech league, however czech APK today denied this notion with 13 votes against it.

Indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2011, 12:52 PM
zorz

Well that was not very clever by Slovan and Kosice to make this thing public without having anything negotiated in advance. I'd expect they would talk economic aspects in private first and after reaching some consensus, then send power point pictures in the papers

Old
11-25-2011, 01:03 PM
Juzmo
rip

And Zaborsky with his 20th goal in his 25th game of the season. Has had his fair share of luck, but still simply amazing so far.

Kudroc also continuing his solid game and has now scored in the last two games. Today with a huge slapshot.

Old
11-26-2011, 03:04 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
And Zaborsky with his 20th goal in his 25th game of the season. Has had his fair share of luck, but still simply amazing so far.

Kudroc also continuing his solid game and has now scored in the last two games. Today with a huge slapshot.
The record is 47 goals from Arto Javanainen in season 1987/1988. If Zabo stay healthy, can he broke it?

alko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2011, 03:31 AM
Juzmo
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by alko View Post
The record is 47 goals from Arto Javanainen in season 1987/1988. If Zabo stay healthy, can he broke it?
At this pace, he'd get 48. And at this point of the season that is just crazy.

I just doubt that and would be really, really happy with 40(+) since he would be only the second player to score that many goals in the past 20 years in SM-liiga (Kai Nurminen scored 41 in 2000).

Old
12-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Kamzik

After his goal tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers, Marian Gaborik is now your NHL leader in goals with 21. With the faceoff deep in the Ranger zone, Gaborik took off immediately after the Rangers won the faceoff. Seeing him charge, Stralman fed him a perfect pass forward and Gaborik was totally alone. At this point, the far defenceman Andrej Meszaros increased his speed greatly and tried to cut Gaborik off. Gaborik scored, Meszaros lost his balance and tripped Gaborik who hit the boards shoulder first. He held the shoulder for awhile but later returned.

Marian is now on pace for 52 goals which would tie the number twice put up by Peter Bondra.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Nearly had a heart attack when I saw him lift that tree.

Harv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2012, 07:46 AM
smitty10

Don't know if anyone noticed, but Milan Kytnar was recalled on an emergency basis by the Edmonton Oilers yesterday and played in his first game too. He only played about 6 minutes but he was even and apparently was good when he played.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 02:40 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Don't know if anyone noticed, but Milan Kytnar was recalled on an emergency basis by the Edmonton Oilers yesterday and played in his first game too. He only played about 6 minutes but he was even and apparently was good when he played.
Yeah, we all noticed this. And he is back in ECHL.

Old
01-13-2012, 03:36 AM
zorz

I just looked at Slovak Extraliga stats and I was quite surprised that the league is basically Palffy's playground while Satan is only slightly above PPG. If anything, I would expect it to be vice versa.

Old
01-13-2012, 04:08 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Yeah, we all noticed this. And he is back in ECHL.
And now he´s been called up to AHL, a busy week for him...

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

All the Slovak boys at the All Star Game in Ottawa..

Old
01-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Gabby was NHL All-Star Game MVP. 3 goals and 1 assist.

Old
01-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Muuri

HK Poprad get's finnish forward Kim Strömberg. He's a big player with a good hands and decent shot but lacks skating, drive/motivation and hockey sense.

Muuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 02:23 AM
alko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muuri View Post
HK Poprad get's finnish forward Kim Strömberg. He's a big player with a good hands and decent shot but lacks skating, drive/motivation and hockey sense.
hm, but what has this info together with this topic? Its about Slovak players...

Old
02-01-2012, 04:24 AM
Muuri

Quote:
hm, but what has this info together with this topic? Its about Slovak players...
Sorry though this was about Slovakian hockey in general (name of the thread implied so).

Muuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Kamzik

The Detroit Red Wings have recalled Tomas Tatar from the AHL. With Zetterberg injured and Cleary put on IR, room was made on Detroit's roster for Tatar.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:47 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Not sure if that's the right topic, but I just found out at EliteProspects that Palffy returned again (had no idea) and .. just wow he dominates the league (83 pts and nearly 1,75 ppg at the age of 39??). Props to all Slovaks, what a talent and player.

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote