HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

McCormick likely injured, recall coming. [Edit - Tropp Recalled]

Old
11-16-2011, 12:48 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Kassian isn't going to come up and fight 46 different Bruins. Get out of fantasy land. When he gets the call, which hopefully won't be any time this season, he will be focusing in on more important parts of the game IMO. The notion that he is going to be an ass kicker from the second he gets called up is a naive one.

It should and will be Tropp.
Some posters say things just to get a reaction. Silly little game. I don't see the comment, so he must be on my ignore list

I say Tropp also...

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:57 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Some posters say things just to get a reaction. Silly little game. I don't see the comment, so he must be on my ignore list

I say Tropp also...
Kass has improved tremendously over the past month from everything I've read plus the two games I've seen in the time span. The stat line seems to agree with that, too.

But Tropp played well in his first stint. Kass is finally hitting a rhythm and getting into a groove - a disruption to that in the form of 2 NHL games of 6:30min ToI isn't logical.

He, along with Foligno and McNabb, are three guys who I do not want to see in Sabre B&G at any point this year. I want full, uninterrupted AHL seasons from them. At this moment, I see no benefit for them in a minuscule NHL role at any time.

Based on comments from DR and co. prior to the season, I think they agree that patience will be instilled in terms of their development. So I'd deduce that we would be ****ed if any of them saw time, because it'd likely be due to massive injuries.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 05:50 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Call up Kassian!! He eats Bruins mascots for breakfast and can punch through schools!!!

The book on this kid is that he needs mental development more than anything. I'd rather that his first call up isn't a game with 20,000 people expecting him to be a Voltron formed out of Tie Domi, Tony Twist, Bob Probert, and Rob Ray, with a face that's half Mike Ricci and half Rod Brind'Amour (hey, you want him to be scary, right?).

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:35 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
thanks for the report. just wondering if you have seen some of his ohl goals? They are captivating.
Yeah. I have. He's not what he was in Junior.

TakeThatTootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:37 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Tasty View Post
I havent seen a lick of his play in Rochester, so I cant say where he stands now. but as for the mean SOB that he was in junior, yeah... I want some of that on the Buffalo squad and could care less who's name it is on the back of the jersey.

To be the best of my knowledge though, he's the only one in the pool that fit the bill.
He's not the mean SOB he was in Junior.

Old
11-16-2011, 06:38 AM
TakeThatTootoo
Gare's "Partner"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiffgiant View Post
Call up Kassian!! He eats Bruins mascots for breakfast and can punch through schools!!!

The book on this kid is that he needs mental development more than anything. I'd rather that his first call up isn't a game with 20,000 people expecting him to be a Voltron formed out of Tie Domi, Tony Twist, Bob Probert, and Rob Ray, with a face that's half Mike Ricci and half Rod Brind'Amour (hey, you want him to be scary, right?).
Mental development, yes. He needs to work on his skating and passing as well.

Old
11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I think a good chunk of posters that want Kassian, have fallen in love with the idea of Kassian and his reputation and not the modern day reality of Kassian. Like you said, watch some games. it will help you give a more accurate opinion of who may or may not be ready for the NHL game.
Is Kassian ready to replace Vanek or Stafford in the top 6? No.

Is Kassian ready for a short recall to be an energy line player? Yes.

And I think Kassian could handle the change in direction from a more restrained offensive minded power forward to a hell raising banger for a short stint.

Calling Kassian up now will not ruin his development.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:02 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProngersEyeball View Post
He's not the mean SOB he was in Junior.
Just because he hasn't been playing that role in Rochester doesn't mean that he can't play that role when called up to Buffalo.

WhoIsJimBob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:40 AM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

MAG can also play LW. That way he'd still be available for the PP and Myers gets back into the lineup.

Bobby Bottle Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:41 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
Is Kassian ready to replace Vanek or Stafford in the top 6? No.

Is Kassian ready for a short recall to be an energy line player? Yes.

And I think Kassian could handle the change in direction from a more restrained offensive minded power forward to a hell raising banger for a short stint.

Calling Kassian up now will not ruin his development.
Think of all the damage they are doing to Tropp's developement by his previous call-up... what were they thinking!?!

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

Quote:
Think of all the damage they are doing to Tropp's developement by his previous call-up... what were they thinking!?!
They're in different points in their development, which is exactly the point people are trying to make. Tropp isn't a high upside kid in his first AHL season who is rapidly improving with each game.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:10 AM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

Quote:
All of WNY hasn't been calling for Tropp to ride in like a white knight and punch the heads clean off of Buffalo's villians. I think it's more of a question of whether or not Kassian is at a stage in his development where he can ignore all of that and just play his game.

My guess is that he'd be fine, but would fall massively short of the expectations of the majority of fans if he doesn't cave in faces or put people through the glass.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Call up Finley play him at wing
He's not signed to an SPC, so they would have to do that first.

I expect Tropp, but Kassian getting a little reward recall wouldn't be out of line either.

Quote:
All of WNY hasn't been calling for Tropp to ride in like a white knight and punch the heads clean off of Buffalo's villians. I think it's more of a question of whether or not Kassian is at a stage in his development where he can ignore all of that and just play his game.

My guess is that he'd be fine, but would fall massively short of the expectations of the majority of fans if he doesn't cave in faces or put people through the glass.
Between the punching through schools and then this, I need to clean the coffee off my keyboard.

11-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Herman Hessian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcs View Post
Lindy plans on moving Grags up to wing and inserting Myers again (it could happen)
this !

bottom pair minutes for Myers and tell him to bring it - he apparently can't defend this season, so feed him raw steak and get him to use his undiminished physical presence and make a contribution by running a few guys over - the modelling contracts and innumerable groupies are out the window anyway if his play continues to go down the pan, so what's to lose by getting that pretty face messed up some - Chara #2

Herman Hessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:37 AM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:

Pure gold

Crazy Tasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

Tropp is making the trip to Buffalo. Search twitter for #sabres to find the link.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Bobby Bottle Service
Ghost Bouncer

V-R-P
L-A-S
G-G-B
T-E-K

Just a hunch...

Old
11-16-2011, 09:02 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanSince89 View Post
V-R-P
L-A-S
G-G-B
T-E-K

Just a hunch...
Looked to me like Ruff went back to GGK last game, so I think we'll see T-E-B. Don't really know how that line would work...but that's my guess.

We could see a lot of the top 3 lines, with Boyes getting limited ES time with PP time. (Or ES shifts after a PK).

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:40 AM
gallagt01

Due to a lack of production from the second and third lines, I'd like to see him mix up GGK/B and LAS a little.

Maybe swap Leino and Gerbe.

gallagt01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:36 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

What's the deal with Cody? Flu or injury? I've heard both reported by different sources. I'm mostly concerned about whether or not he'll be back by next Wednesday...

Rhett4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 12:42 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
What's the deal with Cody? Flu or injury? I've heard both reported by different sources. I'm mostly concerned about whether or not he'll be back by next Wednesday...
a little of column A and a little of column B

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 03:18 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
I'm going to say injury and I would lean towards a concussion based on this.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/11472712...tentId=9371052

Quote:
Ruff said that McCormick wasn't feeling too well after a hit suffered against Montreal, and they'll re-evaluate him on Wednesday.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 03:36 PM
joshjull

I edited the OP to reflect that fact that I can't find one quote from Ruff that ever said Cody has the flu.

Ruff said in the post game presser Monday; "Cody wasn't feeling well and we don't know what it is right now."

Then yesterday (Tuesday) Ruff said that McCormick wasn't feeling too well after a hit suffered against Montreal, and they'll re-evaluate him on Wednesday.

He is injured not sick with the flu.

Old
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I edited the OP to reflect that fact that I can't find one quote from Ruff that ever said Cody has the flu.

Ruff said in the post game presser Monday; "Cody wasn't feeling well and we don't know what it is right now."

Then yesterday (Tuesday) Ruff said that McCormick wasn't feeling too well after a hit suffered against Montreal, and they'll re-evaluate him on Wednesday.

He is injured not sick with the flu.

I think the flu discussion was floating around on Twitter ... but nothing was saying it was from Ruff ..... I think it was WGR guys speculating.

I actually think it was probably from the Glass fight..and maybe made worse by a hit in Montreal game.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 03:47 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I think the flu discussion was floating around on Twitter ... but nothing was saying it was from Ruff ..... I think it was WGR guys speculating.

I actually think it was probably from the Glass fight..and maybe made worse by a hit in Montreal game.
Are you suggesting those guys had an uninformed opinion?