Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
That really wasn't what I was going for, but reading over what I posted I seem a tad aggitated and could see where you would get that from, but those were over the top examples.

I just mean for a 28 year old adult to call his dad and tell people later rather then sit there with the two of them until the police arrive is what I find seriously messed up.
That's a totally different story, and that I do agree with. McQueary didn't do enough, that I think we can all agree on. I don't have the stomach to read the whole report, but what did he do after he intervened? Surely he didn't just leave them alone afterwards, did he?

Old
11-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsane View Post
Reading your posts in this thread you first intimated that had you witnessed the **** you may have minded your own business. You then inferred that most did what they should have. Next, maybe the whole thing never happened?

C'mon, man. Not all the facts are in, but the major participants have ADMITTED hearing about/witnessing a **** of a child.

You kinda worry me.
If I worry you, fine. I'm not concerned, never have been. I don't like to think like the masses, I like to think for myself and think about things others wouldn't concievably give the time of day to. I like to look at all aspects.

Old
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I heard that, too. The only defense to why someone would do that is when you're in ill health and you want to avoid estate disputes and all that jazz. Since that isn't the case here, this is a asset-protection move, plain and simple.
Thought I heard somewhere he was likely done after the season and health concerns were the reason why. I'll have to dig deeper but I swear I heard that.

Old
11-16-2011, 04:44 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
That's a totally different story, and that I do agree with. McQueary didn't do enough, that I think we can all agree on. I don't have the stomach to read the whole report, but what did he do after he intervened? Surely he didn't just leave them alone afterwards, did he?
Not sure actually, I couldn't get that far either. I'm pretty sure I posted that if my view was wrong because I couldn't read the whole report either, then I most certainly take it back.

Old
11-16-2011, 05:43 PM
ScOrpik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
I heard that, too. The only defense to why someone would do that is when you're in ill health and you want to avoid estate disputes and all that jazz. Since that isn't the case here, this is a asset-protection move, plain and simple.
How is that not the case here? Joe is 84 and has had a slew of health problems in the past few years. If you watch interviews it is clear that he has been steadily deteriorating.....not to mention the fact that his wife is 13 years younger than him. Ever hear of estate taxes?

Old
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOrpik View Post
How is that not the case here? Joe is 84 and has had a slew of health problems in the past few years. If you watch interviews it is clear that he has been steadily deteriorating.....not to mention the fact that his wife is 13 years younger than him. Ever hear of estate taxes?
JoePa isn't in a hospital bed, in hospice care, etc. That's how I was viewing it.

If he was in *that bad* of health under the idea I was going for, he wouldn't have been coaching football.

Old
11-16-2011, 06:04 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

McQueary busted in a lie:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...orting-assault

Quote:
A central Pennsylvania police chief says his department did not receive a report from then-Penn State graduate assistant Mike McQueary related to an allegation of child sexual abuse against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

McQueary, now the Penn State wide receivers coach who was placed on administrative leave Friday, had told a friend in an email that in 2002 he stopped the alleged **** of a boy he thought to be about 10 years old and discussed the matter with police.

But State College police chief Tom King said Wednesday McQueary didn't make a report to his department.

"He didn't come to State College police. The crime happened on campus and we don't have jurisdiction on campus," King said. "We've had no reports (of Sandusky sexually abusing someone) from anybody."

The university also has its own police force, and said they have no record of any police report filed by McQueary.

"This is the first we have heard of it," said Lisa Powers, Penn State's director of public information.

Old
11-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

McQueary is full of it. Don't try to cover your ass after the fact buddy. You just dig a deeper hole.

Old
11-16-2011, 06:17 PM
McOilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
Not trying to cover for McQueary (cause I think he's a piece of ****, like every one else tied to this), but the article I posted did say this:

Quote:
The grand jury summary says McQueary, about a week and a half after he witnessed the incident, met with Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, the latter of whom did indeed oversee the university police.
So maybe Curley and Schultz didn't take it to the state college police?

11-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

All i know is that this case is going to be a cluster****. So much information, so much media, and so many stories.

Old
11-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Im done making conclusions to what happened, there is still so much that hasnt been brought to the public yet. Until then Im going to reserve my judgment.

Old
11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Axman
MoreSkilledThanYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Im done making conclusions to what happened, there is still so much that hasnt been brought to the public yet. Until then Im going to reserve my judgment.
I think it will be months before we know what really happened. We're just scratching the surface.

Old
11-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I think it will be months before we know what really happened. We're just scratching the surface.
i totally agree, people from outside the area have probably already started an investigation.

Old
11-17-2011, 03:24 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
he didn't intervene. He just left and let Sandusky carry on. He may as well have held the boy down for Sandusky.

Old
11-17-2011, 03:27 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Oh what a tangled web we weave.....

Bill McQueary is a liar and can't be trusted.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:17 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
I'm going with years...

Old
11-17-2011, 06:42 AM
Alex Jones
Internet Charlatan

I'll never defend Joepa or the others in this situation for what they did, but if you want one really, really good reason to cover something like this up, it's because of what we are seeing now. The name of Penn State is being kicked, dragged, and spit upon to such a degree it might never truly make a comeback.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:05 AM
kihei

vCash: 3115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
I'll never defend Joepa or the others in this situation for what they did, but if you want one really, really good reason to cover something like this up, it's because of what we are seeing now. The name of Penn State is being kicked, dragged, and spit upon to such a degree it might never truly make a comeback.
There was an attempted cover up and look where it got Penn State. Had the school's representatives on and off the football field behaved like responsible adults, the damage to the institution would not have been anywhere near as severe. Penn State has nothing to blame except itself.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:28 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

Quote:
What?

It's still a good institution academically and it'll come back.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

There are no gurantees in life ix except for death and taxes.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Mike Emrick
Corsi's right

It was a great academic school before the scandal and it still is. I see no reason why recovery is not possible. It'll be a long road back, but it is possible.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Vincent Vega
GGTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
If I worry you, fine. I'm not concerned, never have been. I don't like to think like the masses, I like to think for myself and think about things others wouldn't concievably give the time of day to. I like to look at all aspects.
So what exactly do you think about Jerry Sandusky admitting to showering with little boys? No big deal, right? For the sake of argument, let us just say he didn't **** any 10 year old ass. Would you let Green Men Rule Jr shower with an old man who isn't you? It's great to look at all aspects and think for yourself, but just spending your free time, taking little kids around with you, is ****ing creepy. **** or no ****.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
So what exactly do you think about Jerry Sandusky admitting to showering with little boys? No big deal, right? For the sake of argument, let us just say he didn't **** any 10 year old ass. Would you let Green Men Rule Jr shower with an old man who isn't you? It's great to look at all aspects and think for yourself, but just spending your free time, taking little kids around with you, is ****ing creepy. **** or no ****.
Well see, I don't know the situation. I'm sure the father didn't just "let him". He probably had no idea a shower was in the cards(or at least like that), it's a bit different if you are asked upfront versus never told, right?

Old
11-17-2011, 08:26 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
The fact that it took a week for anyone to hear anything from McQueary was it for me. We heard from Sandusky before McQueary.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
11-17-2011, 09:13 AM
GordonGecko
Coaching Fail

vCash: 364
Quote:
if you want one really, really good reason to cover something like this up, it's because of what we are seeing now. The name of Penn State is being kicked, dragged, and spit upon
if there had been no cover up it would have been one bad apple and Sandusky would rightly be the only guy to go down for this. Now Penn State is known as a campus of pedophile enablers where football is more important than little kids

Closed Thread