HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nik Backstrom (MIN) to FLA

Old
11-16-2011, 04:29 PM
puckMAN

vCash: 500
Nik Backstrom (MIN) to FLA

If the Panthers are still in possible playoff position come the deadline what could Minnesota get for Backstrom?

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 04:31 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

vCash: 500
We don't need another goalie. We will ship Clemmer out and call up Markström.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 04:32 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Well Minnesota is leading the Northwest, so why would they trade him?

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:53 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

there are actually quite a few rather...um...optimistic Wild fans who think Harding is as good as Backs, so I wouldn't be surprised if you see nibbles on this proposal. I personally wouldn't as long as it looks like we're contending--and make no mistake, our goaltending is solely responsible for our status right now. As it is, they can't possibly keep it up but if we even want a prayer of hanging in there for a bubble playoff spot we are going to need him.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

As much as a lot of Wild fans would love to see Backs' $6 million a year contract moved before it expires after next season, I don't see him getting moved before that, or even now. Sure Harding's looked good in the 5 games he's played in, but he's yet to prove he can handle the workload of a starting goalie and there's no guarantee Hackett is ready for full NHL status as of right now. Unless we go out and sign a big goalie this free agency (which would only happen if we move Backs), I think he stays. If anything, Harding is much more likely to be moved to a contender at the deadline than Backstrom is. Far cheaper, great back-up for a team I assume will be contending at the deadline like Detroit or Chicago. Unlike Backstrom, Harding's contract is done after this season and also unlike Backstrom, Harding doesn't have any kind of NTC/NMC in his contract. Nik has stated numerous times he loves to play for this team and would like to play here his entire career. Getting him to waive his NTC would probably be pretty difficult.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote