HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brassard for Wiercioch+

Old
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
alpine4life

vCash: 500
Wiercioch, Lee, 2012 3rd (NAS) for Brassard...?

alpine4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:49 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpine4life View Post
Wiercioch, Lee, 2012 3rd (NAS) for Brassard...?
Columbus isn't in the market for prospects or bottom pairing defensemen. The value might be fair, but doesn't meet the team's needs.

It's young top 4 defensemen or a young #1 goaltender. I'd be truly shocked to see these two teams pull the trigger on a trade, unless it's a very minor one.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:58 AM
SpezDispenser

I could see a team bettering Ottawa's offer easily today or tomorrow.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:00 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
Columbus isn't in the market for prospects or bottom pairing defensemen. The value might be fair, but doesn't meet the team's needs.

It's young top 4 defensemen or a young #1 goaltender. I'd be truly shocked to see these two teams pull the trigger on a trade, unless it's a very minor one.
Their defensive lines:

Phillips, Lee/Rundblad
Cowen, Gonchar
Kuba, Karlsson

forget Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen... so whom? Nobody. The next... Anderson is average, Auldt is... Auldt. And Lehner is untouchable.

So IMO no trade from this side for Brassard only if Lee/Wiercioch would not be the part of a package to g-man (Schneider, Bobrovsky).

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:06 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
Their defensive lines:

Phillips, Lee/Rundblad
Cowen, Gonchar
Kuba, Karlsson

forget Karlsson, Rundblad, Cowen... so whom? Nobody. The next... Anderson is average, Auldt is... Auldt. And Lehner is untouchable.

So IMO no trade from this side for Brassard only if Lee/Wiercioch would not be the part of a package to g-man (Schneider, Bobrovsky).
Anderson's a lot better than average, but I 100% doubt Murray would move a guy he acquired via trade and just signed to a 4 year dear, so that's not gonna work.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:09 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Anderson's a lot better than average, but I 100% doubt Murray would move a guy he acquired via trade and just signed to a 4 year dear, so that's not gonna work.
What I red on your board .. it looked like average. But inspite of it Anderson is not the solution for Brassard. Of course Brassard does not have so high value but we need something another not Anderson.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:18 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
I could see a team bettering Ottawa's offer easily today or tomorrow.
Howson and Murray are clearly comfortable with each other. I just think the Sens really wouldn't want to send the kind of assets the Jackets need to get for Brassard.

What I really believe will happen is if Howson can get a young #1 goalie he is sure will be able to step in and take over or a young top 4 defenseman, he will trade Brassard or Vermette. If not, he will likely wait until the trade deadline and see if he can get overpayment for one of them.

I actually suspect it will be Vermette and Samuel Pahlsson that he moves. It looks like Letestu can handle Vermette's role, and I figure he is more likely to keep Brassard because of age.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Howson and Murray are clearly comfortable with each other. I just think the Sens really wouldn't want to send the kind of assets the Jackets need to get for Brassard.

What I really believe will happen is if Howson can get a young #1 goalie he is sure will be able to step in and take over or a young top 4 defenseman, he will trade Brassard or Vermette. If not, he will likely wait until the trade deadline and see if he can get overpayment for one of them.

I actually suspect it will be Vermette and Samuel Pahlsson that he moves. It looks like Letestu can handle Vermette's role, and I figure he is more likely to keep Brassard because of age.
But where... Johansen will return on his post and Brassard cannot play a wing. Only if we let to play the lines:

Nash--Carter--Kubalik (later Huselius when he will be O.K.)
Prospal--Brassard--Johansen
Umberger--Letestu--Atkinson
Calvert--MacKenzie--Boll

I count with Pahlsson/Vermette trades for a goalie

Old
11-15-2011, 03:03 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I figure something like this:

Nash--Carter--Umberger
Mayorov--Letestu--Dorsett
Calvert--MacKenzie--Boll

Atkinson

Old
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Vitto79

Brassard scratched again, dun dun duuuuun

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:08 PM
BrianBoyle
Nash goes HAM

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Brassard scratched again, dun dun duuuuun
The Jackets' beat writer, Aaron Portzline, posted a tweet saying that he doesn't believe Columbus will move Brassard, but that it's a possibility and it has been discussed with other teams.

Using that info, it's rather ominous for him to be scratched in back to back games. I would not be surprised if they traded him in the next few weeks.

Neutral Milk Hotel are literally GOAT
Amy Poehler <3

Credit to Ail for the sig.
BrianBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:52 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
The Jackets' beat writer, Aaron Portzline, posted a tweet saying that he doesn't believe Columbus will move Brassard, but that it's a possibility and it has been discussed with other teams.

Using that info, it's rather ominous for him to be scratched in back to back games. I would not be surprised if they traded him in the next few weeks.
Arniel is more than a bit goofy. He's doing this because he wants to keep the exact same lines as he put out in his "glorious" win over the Thrashers/Jets. I think it has little to do with Brassard and more to do with the coach. After his next loss, he will probably play Brassard.

On another front, the Winnipeg/Columbus match featured to two spaciest coaches in the NHL today.

Old
11-15-2011, 04:35 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
I figure something like this:

Nash--Carter--Umberger
Mayorov--Letestu--Dorsett
Calvert--MacKenzie--Boll

Atkinson
Please, not Dorsett And Mayorov is injured.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:15 PM
TSA0402

Highly doubt Brassard or Vermette gets a young top four defenseman right now. Maybe McBain, but even that I doubt will happen. Rutherford is smart and try and pawn off Kaberle first as opposed to young controllables. Bogosian is not happening.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:21 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Highly doubt Brassard or Vermette gets a young top four defenseman right now. Maybe McBain, but even that I doubt will happen. Rutherford is smart and try and pawn off Kaberle first as opposed to young controllables. Bogosian is not happening.
We wrote about a young goalie not about a TOP young four defensman. If a d-man so with experiences. And that CBJ prefers a goalie.

But the true is we would like for and older goalie too only let he is good.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:27 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
We wrote about a young goalie not about a TOP young four defensman. If a d-man so with experiences. And that CBJ prefers a goalie.

But the true is we would like for and older goalie too only let he is good.
I misread, anyways good luck getting a good young goalie for a young struggling forward. Buffalo would be crazy to trade Enroth right now.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:32 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I misread, anyways good luck getting a good young goalie for a young struggling forward. Buffalo would be crazy to trade Enroth right now.
In a package with another value or trade them and their value in a package. But alone, for example Brassard/Vermette for Enroth/Schneider... only a fiction and IMO every CBJ fan knows it...

Old
11-15-2011, 05:33 PM
officeglen

The question is what is Howson trying to do:
- shed salary to keep his job
- get immediate upgrades to keep his job
- get prospects and draft picks for the next GM.

Now the problem is the fans of other teams make proposals that either:
- dump marginal players (often in packages) on Columbus in return for a good player (or used to be good) - this sheds salary but reduces the talent level of the team.
- ship prospects and draft picks to Columbus in return for one or more good players - this does not help Howson now.

So:
Wiercioch: prospect
Lee: marginal
2012 3rd: futures

has three strikes against it.

A deal like:
Foligno: (14g last season, 6g so far this season)
Butler: (10g in 36 games last season)
for
Brassard

would save Columbus some salary and may result in a talent upgrade.

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:41 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen View Post
The question is what is Howson trying to do:
- shed salary to keep his job
- get immediate upgrades to keep his job
- get prospects and draft picks for the next GM.

Now the problem is the fans of other teams make proposals that either:
- dump marginal players (often in packages) on Columbus in return for a good player (or used to be good) - this sheds salary but reduces the talent level of the team.
- ship prospects and draft picks to Columbus in return for one or more good players - this does not help Howson now.

So:
Wiercioch: prospect
Lee: marginal
2012 3rd: futures

has three strikes against it.

A deal like:
Foligno: (14g last season, 6g so far this season)
Butler: (10g in 36 games last season)
for
Brassard

would save Columbus some salary and may result in a talent upgrade.
And than we put a chair to the net...

See, a value is not bad, IMO good but our the best problem is the goalie and we can have Malkin, Ovechkin and healthy Crosby... without better goalie we can go..... . You know where

And Brassard with Vermette have a value we must use it.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
wilfred

To clb
Rundblad (potential #1 D)

To ott
Johansen (potential #1 C)

CLB does this because Carter is there #1 center and Brassard and Vermette are good 2nd line centers with not as much trade value as most CLB fans think. Also if Clb continues on there current pace NAIL is sure to be there #1 pick(not a center but all of CLB's top prospects are centers some balance would be good for the team). Rundblad could Quarterback the Columbus power play for the next 15 years

OTT does this because Karlsson is looking like he could be a #1 D-man, Cowen has more offensive abilities then first thought. Ott's rh dman are Karlsson, Gonchar, Lee, Carkner and Rundlad. Gonchar is going nowhere with that contract + I think he has been good for Karlssons development, Carkner is a good 6-7 dman. I am a fan of Lee's game and think he can be a good top 4 d-man in the future. A Spezza, Johansen, Zibanejad and Smith center combination could be one of the best in the league in a few years.

I know this will never happen because the NHL does not work this way but I think it improves both teams in the present and in the future.

wilfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:31 PM
Yashin

vCash: 1125
nvm edit

Yashin is offline   Reply With Quote