HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Smyth/Fraser saga comes to an end Oiler cough up money for medical expenses

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2011, 10:34 PM
  #26
I3ig13ig
Registered User
 
I3ig13ig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
B.S.

This is the equivalent of an NHL G.M. LYING about the physical condition of a player involved in a deal and the NHL doing what it thought was alright in putting this to a close.

Your G.M. was proven to have been lying about Frasers condition and THAT is the reason that the NHL decided to award us with any compensation.

No lie, no reason for *ANY* compensation.


I like you Bryanbryoil but in my opinion your guys lied and paid for it. The reason that the amount is low doesn't change the fact that we were compensated for your GM being a liar. Other wise there would be no reason for the compensation.


By the way kudos to your teams success this season. You are doing pretty much what I thought you would at this point. Keep it up.
He wasnt lying! Everyone knows that. All the doctors reports from Edmonton said he had healed and was good to go and thats what Tambo went off of. He isnt a medical proffesional in anyway so why would he question a doctor.

Its unfortunate that it got blown up in the press but I too am glad this soap opera is over.

You'd also be silly to suggest the Kings have one any of the last two trades with the Oilers.

Edmonton gives:

Fwd Collin Fraser
Fwd Dustin Penner
7th Round Pick



Los Angeles gives:

D Colton Teubert
D Oscar Klefbom
D David Musil
LW Ryan Smyth

Kings pretty much filled our defensive prospect pool for us so thanks for that

I3ig13ig is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 10:38 PM
  #27
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 1888
If I can be honest for a moment?

You guys don't have to convince us of anything with regards to this situation. The silence says it all. We don't care! We are more worried and focused on what our team is going to do than with anything related to Smyth. With him it isn't going to be a situation where we regret trading him, he was horrible. There's no need to get the digs in. If he's great in Edmonton, fine, but he sucked in his last season here. Therefore we don't really care about this anymore. It was a nice conversation filler during the offseason but that's it.

The trade worked well for the Kings, they got rid of a poor performer who was making a lot of money. That's all that has to be said.

Live in the Now is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 10:39 PM
  #28
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
He wasnt lying! Everyone knows that. All the doctors reports from Edmonton said he had healed and was good to go and thats what Tambo went off of. He isnt a medical proffesional in anyway so why would he question a doctor.

Its unfortunate that it got blown up in the press but I too am glad this soap opera is over.

You'd also be silly to suggest the Kings have one any of the last two trades with the Oilers.

Edmonton gives:

Fwd Collin Fraser
Fwd Dustin Penner
7th Round Pick



Los Angeles gives:

D Colton Teubert
D Oscar Klefbom
D David Musil
LW Ryan Smyth

Kings pretty much filled our defensive prospect pool for us so thanks for that
Oilers fans are obsessed with thinking they won the Smyth trade; for the one billionth time, it was not a normal trade! Both teams were not out in the trade market looking to improve their team. The Kings had a very unique situation where they had a player request a trade to a specific location. It's not like the Oilers were out looking to trade for Smyth. Both teams were matched up out of necessity, and yet the Oilers didn't have to make the trade. They were also doing a favor to Smyth.

Sitting there with the ZOMG TAMBS PWNED LOMBARDZ IN DA SMYTH TRADE!!!!1!!1!! is pretty naive when looking at the whole picture.

Chazz Reinhold is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 10:42 PM
  #29
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
In the end Oiler fans, you can tell yourselves whatever you want. You are *here* at the Kings fan board trying your best to convince us that your GM isn't a filthy dirty liar when the league just said that he was.

Its over.

If you think that Tuebert is a win then live it up.

Tonellisghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 10:54 PM
  #30
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT
 
Muzzinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post



Los Angeles gives:

D Colton Teubert
D Oscar Klefbom
D David Musil
LW Ryan Smyth

Kings pretty much filled our defensive prospect pool for us so thanks for that
wow....sick prospect pool you have there brah. I mean Teubert was like the 13th choice defenseman in the Kings organizational depth chart, sick steal

Muzzinga is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:03 PM
  #31
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Mod, can we get an edit to the OP's post. Bob Mackenzie clearly stated the Oilers will reimburse to cover PART of the medical expenses, not all.

And I don't think anyone should be claiming victory here. If I recall correctly, a lot of Oiler fans were screaming for nothing as compensation while a lot of Kings fans were screaming for draft pick compensation. This seems like a fair compromise in the middle to me. Nobody wins, fair judgement by Bettman.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:05 PM
  #32
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
In the end Oiler fans, you can tell yourselves whatever you want. You are *here* at the Kings fan board trying your best to convince us that your GM isn't a filthy dirty liar when the league just said that he was.

Its over.

If you think that Tuebert is a win then live it up.
The league never said that. Lombardi didn't get much in return, it was a fair, "nobody wins just split the middle" type ruling.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:07 PM
  #33
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
Mod, can we get an edit to the OP's post. Bob Mackenzie clearly stated the Oilers will reimburse to cover PART of the medical expenses, not all.

And I don't think anyone should be claiming victory here. If I recall correctly, a lot of Oiler fans were screaming for nothing as compensation while a lot of Kings fans were screaming for draft pick compensation. This seems like a fair compromise in the middle to me. Nobody wins, fair judgement by Bettman.
That's what you think. But, this is more on Oilers than Kings. Dean wasnt just going to roll over. He did what he had to do.

And, I dont know why Oilers fans or bringing in trades that have nothin to do with the matter. Insecure much?

Shellz is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:09 PM
  #34
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Wrong Zues3007.

The league made a ruling that favors the Kings. We received compensation for your GM's lie and it is in line with what I expected (I had anticipated full med bills).

In the end the fact that the Kings received *ANY* compensation clearly states that your GM is a liar and was caught doing so. Otherwise the league would have said that the deal was fair and left it at that.

Tmbs lied and had to pay for it therefore he is a liar.

It's easy.

Tonellisghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:10 PM
  #35
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
B.S.

This is the equivalent of an NHL G.M. LYING about the physical condition of a player involved in a deal and the NHL doing what it thought was alright in putting this to a close.

Your G.M. was proven to have been lying about Frasers condition and THAT is the reason that the NHL decided to award us with any compensation.

No lie, no reason for *ANY* compensation.


I like you Bryanbryoil but in my opinion your guys lied and paid for it. The reason that the amount is low doesn't change the fact that we were compensated for your GM being a liar. Other wise there would be no reason for the compensation.


By the way kudos to your teams success this season. You are doing pretty much what I thought you would at this point. Keep it up.
You weren't rewarded anything. This was a case of the Oilers feeling bad for taking you to the cleaners twice and throwing your GM a bone so he could feel like a champ to your fans. It never went to the league.

czar99 is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:10 PM
  #36
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
That's what you think. But, this is more on Oilers than Kings. Dean wasnt just going to roll over. He did what he had to do.
This was settled by the GM's, without the league arbirator, so its not like the league even gave any official ruling. So no, its not on the Oilers, it was a mutual, "let's just forget it". And neither GM looked good in this ordeal. You guys can scream "liar" all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that Lombardi didn't request a physical and should have. Due dilligence.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:10 PM
  #37
PuckNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Wrong.

The league made a ruling that favors the Kings. We received compensation for your GM's lie and I it is in line with what I expected (I had anticipated full med bills).

In the end the fact that the Kings received *ANY* compensation clearly states that your GM is a liar and was caught doing so. Otherwise the league would have said that the deal was fair and left it at that.

Tmbs lied and had to pay for it therefore he is a liar.

It's easy.
Actually, the league didn`t decide anything. Lombardi and Tambellini came to this agreement before the arbitration hearing.

edit: Here`s a McKenzie`s twitter stating this. My link wasn`t working.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Dispute between LAK and EDM over Colin Fraser's health at time of trade has been settled, avoiding today's arb case with NHL commish Bettman

PuckNut is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:13 PM
  #38
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
This was settled by the GM's, without the league arbirator, so its not like the league even gave any official ruling. So no, its not on the Oilers, it was a mutual, "let's just forget it". And neither GM looked good in this ordeal. You guys can scream "liar" all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that Lombardi didn't request a physical and should have. Due dilligence.
I will angry post you later. Touchscreens just get me angrier.

But, I totally disagree on the last part.

Shellz is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:13 PM
  #39
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckNut View Post
Actually, the league didn`t decide anything. Lombardi and Tambellini came to this agreement before the arbitration hearing.
Even better.

Tambs couldn't live with the guilt of his lie and decided to compensate us for doing so.

This proves Tambs deception even more. He didn't dare allow the league to get ahold of him.

Well, the good thing is that he has admitted his guilt and now can work towards redemption.

Hey, when did they cancel the Oilers board?



Tonellisghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:14 PM
  #40
czar99
Registered User
 
czar99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Shultz'z Place
Posts: 3,897
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
If I can be honest for a moment?

You guys don't have to convince us of anything with regards to this situation. The silence says it all. We don't care! We are more worried and focused on what our team is going to do than with anything related to Smyth. With him it isn't going to be a situation where we regret trading him, he was horrible. There's no need to get the digs in. If he's great in Edmonton, fine, but he sucked in his last season here. Therefore we don't really care about this anymore. It was a nice conversation filler during the offseason but that's it.

The trade worked well for the Kings, they got rid of a poor performer who was making a lot of money. That's all that has to be said.
To be honest for a moment?

Why did DL take it to the league if it was just summer banter?

It was a simple case of a GM that got cleaned up in some trades and then pissed and moaned about it for two + months in the media. If he was that sure he had a case he wouldn't have folded over a couple G's. And please don't tell me he's playing the I'm the bigger man card 'cause he was the only one complaining about the trade in the first place.

Glad it's done and so am I.


Last edited by czar99: 11-16-2011 at 11:21 PM.
czar99 is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:15 PM
  #41
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 1888
DL doing something doesn't mean fans care the same way as him. Especially not in this case at all. That's the overall point here.

Live in the Now is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:16 PM
  #42
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,839
vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
The league never said that. Lombardi didn't get much in return, it was a fair, "nobody wins just split the middle" type ruling.
The league never ruled on anything as far as I understand it. The two teams agreed to settle on the Oilers paying some cash towards the medical expenses.

Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Dispute between LAK and EDM over Colin Fraser's health at time of trade has been settled, avoiding today's arb case with NHL commish Bettman
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
EDM-LAK settlement reportedly a small cash outlay to offset some of Fraser's medical costs. No big deal apparently. Everyone moving on.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:18 PM
  #43
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
It obviously wasn't so easy.
Your GM is a total liar and admitted to doing so by giving *any* compensation in the matter. If here were honest he would have stood by his position and waited for the league to have made their ruling.

Tambs has proven his self to be a *TOTAL LIAR* in this matter by his guilty actions throughout this entire matter.

By the way, welcome to the Kings board.

Tonellisghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:19 PM
  #44
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 1888
Secondly, which was something I was going to post in the previous post which I assume just got lost, you guys have an Edmonton forum you can use to bash our GM and team over this situation. Use that forum if that's what you have to say please.

Live in the Now is online now  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:21 PM
  #45
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu
 
Julius Caesar Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind you
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
The league never ruled on anything as far as I understand it. The two teams agreed to settle on the Oilers paying some cash towards the medical expenses.

So since the Oilers gave something up, you lost the avatar bet that you prematurely trying to collect on a couple of weeks back.

Julius Caesar Milan is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:21 PM
  #46
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
No it isn't. If you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of dollars, you cover your bases.
So your certain that the Kings didn't follow their own due diligence in the matter but agree with what your lying GM did today in order to ovoid arbitration, right?

Its sad when people make these types of arguments.

To ovoid having to rehash everything again and again go and read through the factual accounts of how the deal went down and then TAKE IT BACK TO THE OILERS BOARD and discuss it to death, mkay?

Tonellisghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:23 PM
  #47
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Your GM is a total liar and admitted to doing so by giving *any* compensation in the matter. If here were honest he would have stood by his position and waited for the league to have made their ruling.

Tambs has proven his self to be a *TOTAL LIAR* in this matter by his guilty actions throughout this entire matter.

By the way, welcome to the Kings board.
OR

Both GM's realized that they have more important things to do than bicker over this b.s., so they met in the middle. I think my scenario is a LOT more likely. You're "TOTAL LIAR" bs is pure conjecture.

zeus3007* is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
  #48
gonzo11
Give the dog a bone
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 47,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Your GM is a total liar and admitted to doing so by giving *any* compensation in the matter. If here were honest he would have stood by his position and waited for the league to have made their ruling.

Tambs has proven his self to be a *TOTAL LIAR* in this matter by his guilty actions throughout this entire matter.

By the way, welcome to the Kings board.
please produce the video links of where he lied and not just the pieces of media that the kings fed to the ONE beat writer they have.

The problem started when Brule WAS cleared to play and it was a PAPER WORK issue--which the NHL confirmed this two days later--

IF the king do the original deal--this does not happen--it is only when the KINGS changed the deal things went sideways.

gonzo11 is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:27 PM
  #49
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!
 
Tonellisghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: twillingate NFLD
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
OR

Both GM's realized that they have more important things to do than bicker over this b.s., so they met in the middle. I think my scenario is a LOT more likely. You're "TOTAL LIAR" bs is pure conjecture.
But your argument isn't right?

Go back to the Oilers boards and pat your fellow Oil fans on the back about it if you don't like what is being said here.

I think my argument is factual because why would DL have forced the issue if he didn't know that he was in the right? The facts support that Tambs waited until the very last minute and then paid for Frasers med bills or enough of them to where we were finally just ready to be done with the whole thing.

Tambs is lucky that DL let him off the hook in my opinion.

Tonellisghost is offline  
Old
11-16-2011, 11:28 PM
  #50
I am the Liquor
Registered User
 
I am the Liquor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,839
vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
So since the Oilers gave something up, you lost the avatar bet that you prematurely trying to collect on a couple of weeks back.
The bet was that the league wouldnt rule in the King's favour, which they didnt, so I didnt lose anything.

I am the Liquor is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.