HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

RW Joshua Ho-Sang - Windsor Spitfires, OHL (2014, 28th overall, NY Islanders)

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
derbyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins to Hall View Post
Sounds like you have some video you need to share with us
I wish I could lol. Unfortunately it is internal stuff for the teams, not to be posted online.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Kenny Bania
Thats gold Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbyfan View Post
I was actually filming the Marlies-Red Wings game last Friday for the teams, and it was my first chance to see Ho-Sang. To put it bluntly - he absolutely blew me away. True it was the Red Wings they were playing, but the Wings are a mid-tier team in the MM standings this year, so not a bad team (they actually have Claude Lemieux's son on the team).
I cover literally hundreds of games each year, and I can honestly say Ho-Sang is the most talented I've filmed in quite some time at that age. Incredible acceleration, vision, and his hands are as advertised.
One thing you'll notice about most kids at the Minor Midget age is they are still growing into their bodies. Ho-Sang had complete control of his movements, and it's like his stick was an extension of him, which you most definitely cannot say about most kids his age.

Anyway, the game was a 9-1 blowout, and I lost count how many points he had. But I'm impressed, and would pay the price of admission to go see Ho-Sang again. Just my 2 cents
How did Connor McDavid look?

By most accounts, he is every bit as good as Ho-Sang.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:57 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick Six View Post
My money's on Kingston finishing last. Though I hope he doesn't go there, but that's another can of worms all together.
I think Erie's going to out-suck the Frontenacs, by a small margin. But even if Kingston finishes last, would they take Ho-Sang? They're notorious for passing on players who might not report (Domi was an exception -- and look how that turned out) and instead opting for "safe" picks.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:40 PM
DetBigWangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelm View Post
Finally! For the first time ever, we may have a legitimate Jewish superstar.

Let the globalization and multiculturalism of hockey continue.
If he makes it he will single-handedly globalize hockey. Chinese+Jewish+Jamaican+Hispanic

R U KIDDING ME?!

How many continents is he reaching across there?

Old
11-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Bania View Post
How did Connor McDavid look?

By most accounts, he is every bit as good as Ho-Sang.
McDavid isn't on Ho-Sang's level. Great prospect, but Ho-Sang does everything at an entirely different speed.

Old
11-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I think Erie's going to out-suck the Frontenacs, by a small margin. But even if Kingston finishes last, would they take Ho-Sang? They're notorious for passing on players who might not report (Domi was an exception -- and look how that turned out) and instead opting for "safe" picks.
It is looking that way, though both teams have pieces to trade away. I actually don't think Ho-Sang will want to go to either team, nor should he, but as I said before that's for another thread. Hopefully we don't have another MacKinnon thread on our hands.

As for the second part of your comment, Erie also passes on players who won't report; '07 and '11 come to mind right away. Neither are very well-run organizations. I actually love the Domi trade for Kingston and hope more teams man-up and draft talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
McDavid isn't on Ho-Sang's level. Great prospect, but Ho-Sang does everything at an entirely different speed.
Definitely agree with this. Can't wait to see him play at the Marlies Tournament over Christmas, as I'm sure you know it's the 2nd biggest tournament for OHL prospects (1st if they won't make the OHL Cup).

Old
11-16-2011, 11:54 AM
NHL Fanatic

Ho-Sang dominated Minor Midget last year. Didn't look out of place for an underager. I think he deserved exceptional status as well. His speed, vision and skill with the puck is far superior than his peers. As someone said before I agree he needs to work on his decision making. He has elite skills and I would be shocked if he doesn't go number 1 in the OHL draft.

Old
11-16-2011, 08:50 PM
Garyboy

Quote:

Definitely agree with this. Can't wait to see him play at the Marlies Tournament over Christmas, as I'm sure you know it's the 2nd biggest tournament for OHL prospects (1st if they won't make the OHL Cup).
Check him out at the Whitby Silver Stick Finals starting November 24th. Better tourney than the Marlie Classic. Not watered down, and has Belle Tire and Cleveland as part of the field.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:21 AM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetBigWangs View Post
If he makes it he will single-handedly globalize hockey. Chinese+Jewish+Jamaican+Hispanic

R U KIDDING ME?!

How many continents is he reaching across there?
If we're talking Jewish as Israeli then ... 2 (Asia and North America)

But the kid is bound to have some Caucasian in him and Jamaican is just an extension of African so...

Wow.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:43 AM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Erie or Kingston bound....which team would he be better off with?

Old
11-17-2011, 06:34 AM
Pick Six
@Lafortune_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyboy View Post
Check him out at the Whitby Silver Stick Finals starting November 24th. Better tourney than the Marlie Classic. Not watered down, and has Belle Tire and Cleveland as part of the field.
I'd love to, and if I were back home I definitely would. But I'm out at school in Halifax (stuck with watching MacKinnon), thus won't be able to see him until December. I agree its not as watered down, but some of their OT regulations have cheapened the tournament for me, IMO. I'm looking forward to hear back from some hockey people that I know will be there.

Old
12-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Veilleuxxx

Joshua Ho-Sang

News ???

Old
12-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilleuxxx View Post
News ???
Youll have to be more specific then that?

Old
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
If we're talking Jewish as Israeli then ... 2 (Asia and North America)

But the kid is bound to have some Caucasian in him and Jamaican is just an extension of African so...

Wow.
I think a lot of Jamaicans would take exception to that.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
I'd love to, and if I were back home I definitely would. But I'm out at school in Halifax (stuck with watching MacKinnon), thus won't be able to see him until December. I agree its not as watered down, but some of their OT regulations have cheapened the tournament for me, IMO. I'm looking forward to hear back from some hockey people that I know will be there.
Ah shucks. Sorry to hear that. The Marlie/Belle Tire game was great. Ho Sang and McDavid really showed how supremely skilled they are.

The Marlie Holiday Classic unfortunately doesn't have any of the big American squads. They never seem to at the Minor Midget level. The Bantam and Minor Bantams have the powerhouse American squads. Will pay more attention to those.

Old
12-06-2011, 02:41 PM
wahoyaho

vCash: 1058
Lame I thought finally we will getting an Asian superstar but it's just a trick

Old
12-06-2011, 03:31 PM
agentremax

Paul kariya was 1/2 asian

Old
12-06-2011, 10:01 PM
OHLFan8771

As of now it is looking like the Otters will have the first pick. What is the likeliness of him coming to Erie?

Old
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM
OHLFan8771

What are the chances of him ending up in Erie considering it looks like they will have the first pick?

Old
12-06-2011, 10:12 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
What are the chances of him ending up in Erie considering it looks like they will have the first pick?
He seems to be the frontrunner for #1 from what I've heard. I am unfamiliar with OHL teams, is errie like the baie-comeau of the ohl? (first overall picks dont report)

Old
12-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Thought he was Korean. I know one who's called Sang-Ho.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:20 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnman10 View Post
He seems to be the frontrunner for #1 from what I've heard. I am unfamiliar with OHL teams, is errie like the baie-comeau of the ohl? (first overall picks dont report)
It is not necessarily that the picks do not show up as much as it is they will pass on players that have a risk of not showing up. The Otters have been bad for years now and a player of his caliber could turn them around. I am just trying to get info on his status about playing for a team such as erie or is he likely to pull a max domi?

Old
12-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Slot 3
exitus acta probat

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Wth, are you Chinese and want to claim a potential future superstar as one of your own or what? Some logic.
Actually, if he was Chinese, his logic would make sense. It's a traditional Chinese belief that "ethnicity," and whatnot, is passed down along the paternal line. Since his grandfather is Chinese, he's unequivocally Chinese in the eyes of Chinese (wow, that sentence doesn't make any sense ).

Old
12-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottersfan View Post
It is not necessarily that the picks do not show up as much as it is they will pass on players that have a risk of not showing up. The Otters have been bad for years now and a player of his caliber could turn them around. I am just trying to get info on his status about playing for a team such as erie or is he likely to pull a max domi?
No, hes said the OHL is his destination.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
No, hes said the OHL is his destination.
That is good to hear for Otters fans. Many fans would be upset if he refused to play here in Erie. Given your expertise how certain are you he will play for the team he is drafted by and does any one know if he has said he would play for anyone in the OHL and not just the teams such as London, Windsor, Kitchener Ottawa?

Closed Thread