HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 08:55 AM
  #851
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
1. Andrei Markov
2. PK Subban
3. Josh Gorges
4. Yannick Weber
5. Hal Gill
6. Jaroslav Spacek
7. Chris Campoli
8. Raphael Diaz
9. Alexei Emelin
10. Brendon Nash
11. Frederic St-Denis

Who am I missing?
In couple of years, Beaulieu and Tinordi.

gillyguzzler is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 08:57 AM
  #852
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Anyone else not all that disappointed we lost Gill? I know Carolina was basically an AHL squad tonight but I can't say I didn't miss his turtle speed destroying whatever linemate he is teamed with.
I'm in full agreement with you.

HCH is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
  #853
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
exactly, around AHL teams...
(sounds like Corey Locke to me...)

yes, that's exactly it, towards the END of their career, and there's a reason their career is ending...

what you mean, legit EX nhl ? changing your tune already ?

Jagr is one, but how many Crosby, Ovechkin, Kane or Toews did he/they faced on a weekly basis ?
You ARE kidding aren't you?

Do you mean to say that none of the players in the KHL are better than Darche or Gill?

HCH is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 10:01 AM
  #854
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
1. Andrei Markov
2. PK Subban
3. Josh Gorges
4. Yannick Weber
5. Hal Gill
6. Jaroslav Spacek
7. Chris Campoli
8. Raphael Diaz
9. Alexei Emelin
10. Brendon Nash
11. Frederic St-Denis

Who am I missing?
You could argue Stafford, who is also hurt, but I think he's 12 and St-Denis is 11. Still Hamilton right now is only using guys 13 and higher on the depth chart. That's got to hurt them.


Last edited by Talks to Goalposts: 11-17-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 10:09 AM
  #855
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Anyone else not all that disappointed we lost Gill? I know Carolina was basically an AHL squad tonight but I can't say I didn't miss his turtle speed destroying whatever linemate he is teamed with.
If the young guys can prove to the coach that they can kill penalties almost as good as Gill, we may even see him be healthy scratched later in the year. The Islanders will be a bigger test tonight I imagine, so I'll hold my judgment until after the game. But I'm with you to a certain extent. What's most frustrating about Gill is that he's a giant who's not physical and slow as molasses. Smart, yes, and brilliant on the PK, yes, but he's way too hit or miss on 5-on-5. I really would like to see Emelin in particular come out tonight and have a dominating game. This is his big chance to show the coach his worth to the team after all.

Markowicz is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
  #856
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
What's wrong with AK46? Somebody must know! It seems much more serious than initially thought. Any rumours?

gillyguzzler is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 11:18 AM
  #857
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
What's wrong with AK46? Somebody must know! It seems much more serious than initially thought. Any rumours?
I heard it was a groin pull.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 11:20 AM
  #858
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,546
vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Cups View Post
So what you are saying essentially is that Frederic St. Denis > Hal Gill.

You don't need blinding speed to clear the front of the net, block shots, and bring a solid veteran presence to a camp of young blueliners. If you measure Gill by what you see on highlight reels you end up with your impression. If you can see the intangibles that this guy brings to the team, we'll miss him if this were a long-term thing.
No, what I said was I didn't miss his absence. Whether St-Denis proves better is something the jury continues to deliberate. Funny you assume I only watch highlights, or make that insinuation all because I was critical of Gill, who frankly has not been good this season. He can block shots but don't overrate his intangibles. Gill has been struggling this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
If the young guys can prove to the coach that they can kill penalties almost as good as Gill, we may even see him be healthy scratched later in the year. The Islanders will be a bigger test tonight I imagine, so I'll hold my judgment until after the game. But I'm with you to a certain extent. What's most frustrating about Gill is that he's a giant who's not physical and slow as molasses. Smart, yes, and brilliant on the PK, yes, but he's way too hit or miss on 5-on-5. I really would like to see Emelin in particular come out tonight and have a dominating game. This is his big chance to show the coach his worth to the team after all.
Indeed, tonight will be more of test for our young guns, although Saturday against the Rangers could be the deciding factor. Long Island is struggling horribly, while the Rangers have a near ten game winning streak. If we roll with them, then Gill's spot could end up taken. I agree, he is fantastic on the PK however I don't think he a step above enough to warrant the woeful inconsistency 5-on-5. Once Markov is back, his role will be even further diminished. I'm looking forward to seeing what Emelin and St-Denis can do.


Last edited by Bourne Endeavor: 11-17-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Bourne Endeavor is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 11:35 AM
  #859
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
What's wrong with AK46? Somebody must know! It seems much more serious than initially thought. Any rumours?
I heard it was a problem with a foot after blocking a shot a while back.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 12:07 PM
  #860
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
I heard it was a problem with a foot after blocking a shot a while back.
Interesting, haven't heard that. Where abouts did you heard that from? Anywhere reputable or just a rumour/theory?

Qui Gon Dave is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 12:15 PM
  #861
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Interesting, haven't heard that. Where abouts did you heard that from? Anywhere reputable or just a rumour/theory?
Not quite sure how reliable it was. I heard it from J-C Lajoie. A week or so back.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 12:26 PM
  #862
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Not quite sure how reliable it was. I heard it from J-C Lajoie. A week or so back.
Cheers. Almost a week ago, I found this article written by Dean Eastman (who I've never heard of before, anyone know the guy and if he's accurate on this type of thing?) who said it was a groin issue. Whatever it is, I hope it isn't serious.

Qui Gon Dave is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
  #863
gillyguzzler
Registered User
 
gillyguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Not quite sure how reliable it was. I heard it from J-C Lajoie. A week or so back.
Ayoye! Must be a groin then!

gillyguzzler is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
  #864
Fel 96
JFC
 
Fel 96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Little Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 56,874
vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Il faut oublier Hal Gill pour samedi. Il est hospitalisé en raison de ce qui était un virus. Gill at the hospital. Won't play saturday.
http://twitter.com/#!/renhockey/stat...92239847165952

Fel 96 is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:18 PM
  #865
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
I feel mean, but I really don't mean it......Good news !
I wish him health and everything is fine !

zzoo is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  #866
bcv
My french sucks.
 
bcv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Shea Emry gave the flue to the habs players.

bcv is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:20 PM
  #867
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Get well soon, Hal. The sooner you come back, the sooner St. Denis is gone.

Plus, you rock.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:46 PM
  #868
vad87
Registered User
 
vad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Get well soon, Hal. The sooner you come back, the sooner St. Denis is gone.

Plus, you rock.
He's the reason why Hurricanes kicked our ass yesterday....

vad87 is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
  #869
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In space..with goats
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,239
vCash: 500
Skillsy in the hospital is bad... Get well, big guy

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
  #870
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
He's the reason why Hurricanes kicked our ass yesterday....
I fail to comprehend.

Coldplay is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
  #871
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 17,613
vCash: 500
Hope Gill is okay.

That being said, while I hope he recovers quickly, we only miss him on the penalty kill. If we run into a 5 on 3 without him we are in serious trouble, especially if Plekanec goes to the box, but you are in trouble on a 5 on 3 to begin with. At this point in his career Gill should be a bottom pairing defender on 5 on 5 play to begin with.

Et le But is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
  #872
vad87
Registered User
 
vad87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
I fail to comprehend.
St-Denis played a very solid game last night. Don't understand your point about Gill coming back soon to ship St-Denis back to Hamilton. It's not like he did a lot of mistakes costing us the game against the Canes. He played a Gorges type of game.

vad87 is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 05:15 PM
  #873
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
You ARE kidding aren't you?

Do you mean to say that none of the players in the KHL are better than Darche or Gill?
that's the names you come up with and I'm the one kidding ? ?

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 05:22 PM
  #874
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
St-Denis played a very solid game last night. Don't understand your point about Gill coming back soon to ship St-Denis back to Hamilton. It's not like he did a lot of mistakes costing us the game against the Canes. He played a Gorges type of game.
Didn't say he played a bad game, but you can't honestly want a guy like that in your lineup for prolonged periods of time. He's a cup of coffee call up and nothing more, hence my desire to get Gill back in as soon as he can. St. Denis is not an NHL calibre player (at least, not yet).

Coldplay is offline  
Old
11-17-2011, 05:27 PM
  #875
Ollie Williams
Registered User
 
Ollie Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,913
vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Didn't say he played a bad game, but you can't honestly want a guy like that in your lineup for prolonged periods of time. He's a cup of coffee call up and nothing more, hence my desire to get Gill back in as soon as he can. St. Denis is not an NHL calibre player (at least, not yet).
There is absolutely nothing in his play yesterday that could have possibly brought you to this conclusion. Where does it come from?

Ollie Williams is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.