Notices

A Look Ahead: 2012 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2011, 10:23 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Added Central Scouting's preliminary North America rankings.

TP will be glad to hear there's no Fasching on the list.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
TP will be glad to hear there's no Fasching on the list.
Well, Fasching is a '13 eligible.

Michaelson is 14th in the USHL, though.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
11-17-2011, 10:55 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Well, Fasching is a '13 eligible.

Michaelson is 14th in the USHL, though.
That explains it, saw him on the USNDPT with Michaelson, remembered talking about them together and didn't look at the DoB.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
forthewild

Fasching might end up a top 5 pick, would be awesome if we could end up with him or taylor cammerata(sp) you know one of our iwn but with skill

Old
11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 1527
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie:
Is 2012 NHL entry draft class cursed? Top prospect, Slater Koekkoek, D, of PBO dislocated shoulder, If surgery req'd, he's done for year.
Quote:
TSNBobMcKenzie:
Inj prospects: Galchenyuk (SAR)/Rielly (MJ), both out with ACL tears. Ryan Murray (EVT) recovering from high ankle. Frk (HAL) concussion.
Sounds like a lot of top 2012 picks are getting injured. This might give us the opportunity to grab a higher-end prospect whose rank falls due to injury.

Old
11-29-2011, 07:07 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Koekkoek was sitting mid-round already, but I don't see him falling out of the first. It'll be interesting to see who jumps up the board because of the fallers though. Some people have Trouba available on their rankings around 15. If that happens, I hope we find a way to trade up (assuming we make the playoffs, and aren't the last seed) and snag him.

Old
12-01-2011, 08:37 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Bump to mention FC posted their December rankings. I'll add the HF thread on it when someone from FC gets around to making one.

The big moves right now:

Grigorenko jumps up into third, pushing Dumba down to fourth.

FC finally takes a note from everyone else and moves Ebert down the board, falling 10 places to 14th.

Girgensons jumps 11 spots into the top 10 (9th), making 5 forwards ranked in the top 10.

Old
12-01-2011, 08:47 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

From everything I'm starting to read, I'm not so sure if I personally wouldn't just take Grigorenko over Yakupov...

While Nail seems pretty dynamic, from the sounds of it Grigorenko isn't far off and has other areas of his game that make him seem to be a little more prepared for the NHL game. Granted, I've seen very little of either so I'm just making generalizations off of stuff I read...

Old
12-01-2011, 12:52 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Added link as promised.

Old
12-03-2011, 12:28 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Added FC Sliders and rearranged some of the links.

Old
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Added FC Risers (Dec). I see our boards have an extra specific contribution to this edition.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:20 PM
forthewild

cody corbett is intriguing, he is the mn kid who left for WHL, in 14 game he is 2g 5a 7pts with +10

could be a good 2nd round grab, maybe even sneaks into the first

http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2012-nh.../cody-corbett/

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/whl...rankings-1120/

Quote:
This is my darkhorse that scouts are still trying to get to know. To this point he only has 2 points in 7 games but has a style of game that looks very translatable to the pro level. Thick bodied Dman that can play in a variety of roles. Looks very comfortable with the puck and plays the point on the power play very well. The Oil Kings are very deep on the backend, so I’m not sure how much opportunity will be there for him, but I think he will find a way to break through once he finds some comfort on his team and in his role. Last Rank: NR

Last edited by forthewild: 12-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old
12-06-2011, 12:41 PM
wildman22

What picks do the Wild have that will get them into the 2nd round in this next draft?

Old
12-06-2011, 12:53 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman22 View Post
What picks do the Wild have that will get them into the 2nd round in this next draft?
We can try sneak in again with our third and fourth like the last (two?) year(s). Otherwise we'd need to be moving pieces. If Wellman finishes the year strong, we might be able to get some value out of his RFA rights, but a second would be a stretch. If we part ways with Lats, his RFA rights might be worth that. Otherwise, assuming we don't sell at the trade deadline...Bouchard?

Old
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman22 View Post
trading at the deadline we might have some bodies to move, and moving our 3rd and 4th or even two 3rds if we get one by shipping someone out, or even trading down with our 1st

plenty of ways to get a 2nd, however i do feel that he will end up a 1st round pick when all is said and done.

Old
12-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
We can try sneak in again with our third and fourth like the last (two?) year(s). Otherwise we'd need to be moving pieces. If Wellman finishes the year strong, we might be able to get some value out of his RFA rights, but a second would be a stretch. If we part ways with Lats, his RFA rights might be worth that. Otherwise, assuming we don't sell at the trade deadline...Bouchard?
Maybe Zanon, if a team like Chicago is desparate enough to round out their bottom pairing D.

With the way Brodz is playing, he'd definitely garner interest (although I want us to keep and re-sign him).

Old
12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Maybe Zanon, if a team like Chicago is desparate enough to round out their bottom pairing D.

With the way Brodz is playing, he'd definitely garner interest (although I want us to keep and re-sign him).
If we sell something at the deadline, we can get picks. Zanon probably doesn't quite get us a second, but a team like Chicago might be interested in one of our depth or longshot prospects (depth - Almond/McMillan, longshot - Haula/Graovac) packaged with Zanon for a second.

Brodziak is showing he might be worth a second + depth/longshot prospect or second + late pick. An aging team with center depth problems or injury concerns might part with a first, but I think that's highly unlikely.

Edit to clarify: I don't think we'll be sellers at the deadline. Zanon would be the only possible exception, and that's only if Falk and probably Zid are healthy, and no one new goes down with injury. Personally, I still think we should sell for picks. This draft is too big to ignore just because we have the playoffs in our sights. However, Leipold probably disagrees, and Fletcher will do as Leipold wants.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
If we sell something at the deadline, we can get picks. Zanon probably doesn't quite get us a second, but a team like Chicago might be interested in one of our depth or longshot prospects (depth - Almond/McMillan, longshot - Haula/Graovac) packaged with Zanon for a second.

Brodziak is showing he might be worth a second + depth/longshot prospect or second + late pick. An aging team with center depth problems or injury concerns might part with a first, but I think that's highly unlikely.
I'm almost positive SJ would give us our 2nd rounder back for Brodz, possibly more, unless I'm not remembering their 3rd line center correctly. I just wouldn't want us to, because I like him here.

Old
12-06-2011, 01:07 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
I'm almost positive SJ would give us our 2nd rounder back for Brodz, possibly more, unless I'm not remembering their 3rd line center correctly. I just wouldn't want us to, because I like him here.
Brodz is worth 2nd+ though that + is likely a minor value. We might be able to do say Brodz + 3rd for San Jose's 1st though...of Brodz + 3rd for SJ 2nd + MIN 2nd.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:01 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

We're not giving up Brodziak in a playoff year.

Old
12-06-2011, 03:06 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
We're not giving up Brodziak in a playoff year.
As I said, we're not going to sell at the trade deadline. However, if we did sell, that's what we could get.

Old
12-06-2011, 05:16 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
cody corbett is intriguing, he is the mn kid who left for WHL, in 14 game he is 2g 5a 7pts with +10

could be a good 2nd round grab, maybe even sneaks into the first

http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2012-nh.../cody-corbett/

http://www.thescoutingreport.org/whl...rankings-1120/
I watched him all Fall. Nice player.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:46 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Added Button's December Top 60

Old
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
ShutDownDefense
Wild Time!

Out of those for D, I'll settle for Cody Ceci if we get knocked out of the first round. He seems like a good OFD, PMD.

We need a good OFD this draft in the first round, if not take a forward and fill up on D if we trade into the second round or take D with our third and 4th round picks.

I wonder if we can sign a star D out of college. It seems it's always the forwards, but never hear of a D.

Old
12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Ceci would certainly be a good pickup. A lot of people expected him to make Canada's WJC team, but he was cut this morning IIRC.

If we stick around until later in the playoffs, Koekkoek might be our man. I'd like us to move back into the second round to try get Ebert at this point too. Then again, there's reasons he's falling so harshly.

Closed Thread