HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Win 4-0..First Shutout and GWG Assist in same game.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
  #201
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,418
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
And the Leafs just lost Grabovski for at least 2 weeks!!
Damn. Never wish an injury on anyone, but damn. Let's see how they deal with multiple injuries.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:46 AM
  #202
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,838
vCash: 500
TSN said yesterday that the Habs had last night 5 undrafted players in their lineup.

Kudos to the scouting staff for this, that is 1/4 our lineup.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
  #203
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
TSN said yesterday that the Habs had last night 5 undrafted players in their lineup.

Kudos to the scouting staff for this, that is 1/4 our lineup.
We don't need to draft. We fail half of the time in the first round. That compensates a bit.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:07 AM
  #204
Xia
Registered User
 
Xia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Best game yet, eventhough Carolina was horrible. Was funny watching Budaj pump everyone's tires after they scored. Emelin finally looked comfortable out there, definently his best game yet. Subban, Price and Cami all seemed back to form. Cole's great.



I don't think many teams could play like that with the amount of call-ups we have right now.

Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:22 AM
  #205
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
TSN said yesterday that the Habs had last night 5 undrafted players in their lineup.

Kudos to the scouting staff for this, that is 1/4 our lineup.
I keep forgetting Desharnais wasn't drafted.

Desharnais, Darche, St. Denis, Gorges, Diaz. Hadn't realized it until now, but this must be the first season for the Habs in which every Francophone on the team was undrafted. Not that it matters, just an odd fact.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:38 AM
  #206
Protest the Hero
Registered User
 
Protest the Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,383
vCash: 500
Who would've guessed Price's first shutout of the season would come with a defense that looks like:

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Weber
St.Denis-Diaz

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
  #207
guapo23
Registered User
 
guapo23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country:
Posts: 2,519
vCash: 500
1. We all notice his big hit but I am seriously impressed with
Emelin's solid man-to-man coverage.

Watch how he tracks the player without the puck,
maintaining the right amount of distance and then squeezing him out of the play.

Rock solid last night.

Anyone know where we can see video replays of his bodychecks ?
One in particular in the 1st was amazing !


2. Habs play in the 3rd

With a 3-0 lead and a game the next day,
I have no problem with JM resting key players.
It all worked out.

However, with a 2-0 lead, I would not have risked it.

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:38 AM
  #208
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
I don't mean to be a debbie downer here guys but I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves here. The fact is that it seems that any team in the AHL could have beat Carolina tonight, they were just down right awful. They made us look like an all star team tonight.

I'm incredibly happy with the win and feel this will be a huge boost for the team going forward, but we didn't have to do much to beat the canes. They hardly covered anyone and never stuck with their man, their forecheck was next to nothing, and im pretty sure stall was literally crying in the 2nd intermission, Ray Ferraro said he seen him go into a room by himself and Paul Maurice went to check on him. They are likely the most down and out team in the league and we took full advantage of them.

Not to take anything away from our D they did their job with flying colours, but they weren't challenged really. The Canes made our inexperienced thin D look amazing tonight. Look for the islanders to give us more of a challenge.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:55 AM
  #209
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
I don't mean to be a debbie downer here guys but I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves here. The fact is that it seems that any team in the AHL could have beat Carolina tonight, they were just down right awful. They made us look like an all star team tonight.

I'm incredibly happy with the win and feel this will be a huge boost for the team going forward, but we didn't have to do much to beat the canes. They hardly covered anyone and never stuck with their man, their forecheck was next to nothing, and im pretty sure stall was literally crying in the 2nd intermission, Ray Ferraro said he seen him go into a room by himself and Paul Maurice went to check on him. They are likely the most down and out team in the league and we took full advantage of them.

Not to take anything away from our D they did their job with flying colours, but they weren't challenged really. The Canes made our inexperienced thin D look amazing tonight. Look for the islanders to give us more of a challenge.
When you are missing 6-7 regulars, no win is seen as an easy one. The fact that we won pretty easily is a big positive because of that. You don't want to get behind a couple goals on a struggling team because it gives them hope, by taking a lead early we kept them down.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:58 AM
  #210
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill McNeal View Post
I keep forgetting Desharnais wasn't drafted.

Desharnais, Darche, St. Denis, Gorges, Diaz. Hadn't realized it until now, but this must be the first season for the Habs in which every Francophone on the team was undrafted. Not that it matters, just an odd fact.
Weber is francophone.

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:03 PM
  #211
Guiness time
Registered User
 
Guiness time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
Best game yet, eventhough Carolina was horrible. Was funny watching Budaj pump everyone's tires after they scored. Emelin finally looked comfortable out there, definently his best game yet. Subban, Price and Cami all seemed back to form. Cole's great.



I don't think many teams could play like that with the amount of call-ups we have right now.
ray ferraro's comment was hilarious....said Budaj will need to put the ear muffs on as Subban explains how he scored lol

Guiness time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM
  #212
Gary320
Registered User
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 14,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Weber is francophone.
I don't know if just speaking french makes you a francophone really..

But lets not get into that debate lol.

-edit-
nevermind apparently it kinda does.. although I'd see Francophone more of has a.. if it's your first language.. In his case, it's his second probably.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:06 PM
  #213
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
When you are missing 6-7 regulars, no win is seen as an easy one. The fact that we won pretty easily is a big positive because of that. You don't want to get behind a couple goals on a struggling team because it gives them hope, by taking a lead early we kept them down.
I 100% agree i'm just saying they made it a lot easier.

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:17 PM
  #214
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I don't know if just speaking french makes you a francophone really..

But lets not get into that debate lol.

-edit-
nevermind apparently it kinda does.. although I'd see Francophone more of has a.. if it's your first language.. In his case, it's his second probably.
Even in his case I don't know cause I think he came from a french speaking town, anyway next time say french canadian to be sure lol

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:36 PM
  #215
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,662
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Weber is francophone.
Wasn't aware. Knew he spoke French, but thought it was his second language (I assumed he was of Swiss-German heritage).

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:40 PM
  #216
Flambergius
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Just watched the game, the Canes were so bad I thought even Gomez might score!

Flambergius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:58 PM
  #217
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,016
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
1. We all notice his big hit but I am seriously impressed with
Emelin's solid man-to-man coverage.

Watch how he tracks the player without the puck,
maintaining the right amount of distance and then squeezing him out of the play.

Rock solid last night.

Anyone know where we can see video replays of his bodychecks
?
One in particular in the 1st was amazing !


2. Habs play in the 3rd

With a 3-0 lead and a game the next day,
I have no problem with JM resting key players.
It all worked out.

However, with a 2-0 lead, I would not have risked it.
I'd check the highlights on NHL.com. Usually they have hightlights of hits.

Agreed about Emelin last night btw. By far his best game overall so far.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:19 PM
  #218
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapo23 View Post
1. We all notice his big hit but I am seriously impressed with
Emelin's solid man-to-man coverage.

Watch how he tracks the player without the puck,
maintaining the right amount of distance and then squeezing him out of the play.

Rock solid last night.

Anyone know where we can see video replays of his bodychecks ?
One in particular in the 1st was amazing !
I think we see the results of his development in the KHL were I hear man-on-man is much more emphasised than positional defense due to the bigger ice. Emelin's deficencies so far really seem to be the struggles of a player making a difficult transition rather than inherent flaws. His talent is obvious, not just on the physical side but also his play with the puck. We could have a good one in him after a few months to work out the kinks.

Talks to Goalposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:52 PM
  #219
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
Who would've guessed Price's first shutout of the season would come with a defense that looks like:

Gorges-Subban
Emelin-Weber
St.Denis-Diaz
Funny thing is going into the game last night I had a gut feeling Price would pull it off.

Couple of factors as per why:

1) Previous game he seemed really pissed off. Imo the team let him down partly.
2) Carolina has been terrible this year and allows a lot of shots against with not a lot of shots given. We're a team that shuts people down and gets a lot of shots.
3) Did you look at their lineup? LOL

Even considering our D (who by the way all played the system very well last night) I felt there was a good chance with Staal being snakebitten and all that this could happen

Have to admit though when they pulled the goalie I thought they were going to cheap the shutout from us

It was obviously a long shot but I had a good feeling about it going in. For the first time in years we match up well against Carlolina.

Also Kaberle has been a total joke this year. No wonder their team sucks. He's #6 on a depth chart that has 5 guys I've never heard of ahead of him. I don't claim to be the most knowledgeable hockey fan especially for certain teams but what the heck was that? Larose on the first line? lol

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.