HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Dreger: leafs offered a 2nd and player

Old
11-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
moose is right we are so getting staalsy!

11-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Grabowaffle84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
Can you imagine pulling a Dion deal to get any of those 3 guys?

Ryan - Staal - Nash
I could imagine being WELL over the salary cap.

Grabowaffle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernicious View Post
Diverting attention by making up trade rumors is a false accusation. Once Burke and Nonis decide they need to move someone you will hear hints through various media outlets in one way or another.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...rade-attention
http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...ibilities.html
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc.../16735636.html
http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...rade-talk?bn=1
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...710/story.html
Steeg was traded mid feb . The rumors you posted started in nov while the team was in it's death spiral and continued from there but none of them mentioned the deal to Phi . I'm sure you can find countless links of articles that were speculating deals as well that never came to pass .

While there was talk of Franson not being happy being in the pressbox ( understandable ) the fact remains that before this recent down turn there was no mention of particular deals for him outside of some media speculation about a trade.

Burke himself said many times he'd use the media if it benefited him so why wouldn't i question a rumor that came from Dregger .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:32 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post
Steeg was traded mid feb . The rumors you posted started in nov while the team was in it's death spiral and continued from there but none of them mentioned the deal to Phi . I'm sure you can find countless links of articles that were speculating deals as well that never came to pass .

While there was talk of Franson not being happy being in the pressbox ( understandable ) the fact remains that before this recent down turn there was no mention of particular deals for him outside of some media speculation about a trade.

Burke himself said many times he'd use the media if it benefited him so why wouldn't i question a rumor that came from Dregger .
Pierre LeBrun let it be known Franson was available long before Darren Dreger tweeted the Leafs were offered a player and second round draft pick. Are you going to fabricate that LeBrun is on the payroll also or is the simple answer that Franson is being shopped around much like Beauchemin, Kaberle and Versteeg were to difficult for you to understand?

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Everlong
-

Cam Barker needs ankle surgery, out 3 months. Add the oilers among teams that are potentially interested. Omark or Hartikainen could be potential offers sent out way.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:43 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Many of these legit media guys can get information from the agents and other reputable sources. I'll never assume that they're making these rumours up nor will I assume that most of the rumours will ever amount to anything.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:45 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 50
Quote:
Pierre LeBrun let it be known Franson was available long before Darren Dreger tweeted the Leafs were offered a player and second round draft pick. Are you going to fabricate that LeBrun is on the payroll also or is the simple answer that Franson is being shopped around much like Beauchemin, Kaberle and Versteeg were to difficult for you to understand?
The thread is about the Dregger tweet not LeBrun .

Dregger is connected to Nonis and therefore it's not hard to come to the conclusion that the Leafs may use him for there own means .

As far as who's available , i can safely say that there are very few untouchable players on ours or any team if the right deal came along .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:48 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
I think that if one reporter is saying that Franson is on the market and another says that there is a solid offer and Franson is still around then someone is wrong.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Franson will be traded in a package i imagine for a big bodied forward thats young...cannot see getting another smurf like Omark to make us even weaker in our forward lines

Hawaiinleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 12:56 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
The thread is about the Dregger tweet not LeBrun .

Dregger is connected to Nonis and therefore it's not hard to come to the conclusion that the Leafs may use him for there own means .

As far as who's available , i can safely say that there are very few untouchable players on ours or any team if the right deal came along .
This thread is about Cody Franson.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:57 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
I wish I could find a link because I know that it was rumoured that Burke had been offered draft picks for Versteeg but Burke was holding out for NHL ready talent.

Old
11-17-2011, 12:59 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
I think that if one reporter is saying that Franson is on the market and another says that there is a solid offer and Franson is still around then someone is wrong.
They are essentially saying the same thing, I don't think either one of them are wrong.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:03 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
They are essentially saying the same thing, I don't think either one of them are wrong.
I see them as saying two completely opposite things, one that the Leafs want to trade Franson and the other that the Leafs have refused a good offer.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:05 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
They aren't. One reporter is saying that the Leafs want to deal Franson. The other reporter is saying that the Leafs received a healthy offer. Moose is saying if the Leafs want to rid themselves of Franson and there is a solid offer, why hasn't the trade happened? I get the point but I don't necessarily agree. The "2nd and a player" is vague. Maybe the "player" is a punitive acquisition <<insert bad contract here>> and hence something Burke wouldn't want to do even for ridding himself of a headache and gaining a draft pick.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Man Bear Pig

I'd rather get Hamilton and a pick over Omark and a pick. I'm not sold on Omark and I don't like his contract. We don't really need to add bodies to the current roster unless it's a massive upgrade in the top 6. Hamilton would be another big body to add to the system.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:12 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
I see them as saying two completely opposite things, one that the Leafs want to trade Franson and the other that the Leafs have refused a good offer.
I see them both saying that Franson is available because if the Leafs got an offer that was good enough Franson would not be here.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:17 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
I see them both saying that Franson is available because if the Leafs got an offer that was good enough Franson would not be here.
I think that a 2nd round pick would be a very good offer for a player that a team thought to be expendable. Don't know who the player is but the other team would know if the Leafs had the cap room for him or not so I doubt he is a big salary dump.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Seems like he never really was in the leaf plans.
they didn't plan gardiner to be amazing either

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:26 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
page 9 and you guys are still discussion I bet Burke gets atleast 1 trade offer a week and maybe more and vice versa I bet Burke sends out atleast 1 offer if not more every week so this is probably a normal occurance doesn't mean there's anything gonna happen soon

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:27 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Seriously guys, this isn't NHL12. Negotiating is about back and forth. If the Leafs got a first offer that included a player and a pick, Burke would be stupid to accept it. No one and I mean no one ever should take the first offer. It should only get better through negotiations. As well, leaking this to the media means that they are letting other teams know where the starting point is. Hell, the Oilers tweet is actually logical if you think about it in comparison.

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 01:37 PM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Quote:
I think that a 2nd round pick would be a very good offer for a player that a team thought to be expendable. Don't know who the player is but the other team would know if the Leafs had the cap room for him or not so I doubt he is a big salary dump.
I agree and would have moved Franson myself for that kind of package but since we do not know the complete details someone should call Dreger's mom at home to get the scoop.

Old
11-17-2011, 02:00 PM
Grabowaffle84

Quote:
I agree and would have moved Franson myself for that kind of package but since we do not know the complete details someone should call Dreger's mom at home to get the scoop.
Someone should call Cox's mom. What a fruit.

Grabowaffle84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:40 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
I wish I could find a link because I know that it was rumoured that Burke had been offered draft picks for Versteeg but Burke was holding out for NHL ready talent.
There were rumours in dec 2010 Burke had inquired about JVR. I seem to remember a JVR for Versteeg rumour/speculation in the days leading up to the trade.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:43 PM
DirtyDion03
Big Wheel

vCash: 166
I think if we are going to move Franson it could be more towards the trade deadline where the price goes up. Burke knows everyone overpays for players around this team. Why not hold onto him unless he gets a deal that blows him away?

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:12 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
I think if we are going to move Franson it could be more towards the trade deadline where the price goes up. Burke knows everyone overpays for players around this team. Why not hold onto him unless he gets a deal that blows him away?

Who will want him after limited playing time? Gotta get him some consistent ice time and see what he brings.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote