HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Do the Rangers Have to Do For a Front Cover on the Newspaper?

Old
11-17-2011, 06:52 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
This is the point I was making a week or so ago. About the NHL needing to STOP catering to the non-fan and uninterested.

Its a regional, niche sport, and it always will be.

Cater to the REAL hockey fan. Worry about what WE want and what is best for the game.

More goals isn't going to magically create more fans.

Hockey fans are the most loyal, rabid fans in this country. We used to have to scrounge for information before the internet became popular.

Unlike baseball and football that has everything spoon fed to them.

And im fine with that. Hockey is simply to complex and fast to understand for the lame.

Bettman needs to get this "growth" nonsense out of his head, and focus on WHERE the game IS popular.

And **** everyone else.

I don't need my sport to be popular. I love it anyway.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
This is the point I was making a week or so ago. About the NHL needing to STOP catering to the non-fan and uninterested.

Cater to the REAL hockey fan. Worry about what WE want and what is best for the game.

Hockey fans are the most loyal, rabid fans in this country. We used to have to scrounge for information before the internet became popular.

And im fine with that. Hockey is simply to complex and fast to understand for the lame.

Bettman needs to get this "growth" nonsense out of his head, and focus on WHERE the game IS popular.

And **** everyone else.

Agreed. I couldn't care less what other non-fans think of the sport. I mean hell, you honestly can't tell me that any of the other 3 big sports in North America are anywhere as entertaining as a hockey game is live.

Concentrate on the true hockey fans, and please stop with the pipe dream of expansion. I mean how well did hockey turn out in Atlanta, Phoenix, or Florida?

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:26 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTheGr8 View Post
So, yes..you guessed it folks..a ****ing HORSE got the back page over the Rangers. A ****ing HORSE!! On both the Daily News and the New York Post.

A ****ing horse..and a DEAD one at that!! A HORSE!!
No one should beat a dead horse.

Can't believe no one else made that joke lol.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:05 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3075
Quote:

And **** everyone else.

I completely agree, but I would still like the media to give credit to the Rangers. Every other sports team here get covers even if they lose and they don't give us one when we win seven in a row, which the Rangers don't do often.

11-17-2011, 02:35 PM
TonyTheGr8
Window shut..for now

Quote:

And **** everyone else.

Oh I agree, I could care less about the casual fan also. I just wanna have a backpage headline and a decent amount of coverage in our own local newspapers the way we had pre-lock out, and not have stupid non-local crap get picked over us. Or have the garbage Knicks get picked over us, after they get destroyed 110-88 and we win an important divisional rival game. I mean not for nothing, but I guarantee you the Flyers get plenty of press down in Philly, and they have to compete with the 3 other sports as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
No one should beat a dead horse.

Can't believe no one else made that joke lol.
Lol...someone did unfortunately..YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
I completely agree, but I would still like the media to give credit to the Rangers. Every other sports team here get covers even if they lose and they don't give us one when we win seven in a row, which the Rangers don't do often.
Exactly my point. Win or lose, we deserve out fair share of coverage. Team has been around since 1926 and they get treated like garbage by the NY Media.

TonyTheGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote