HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cheating on the Habs?

Old
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It's not that hard to be a fan of both, trust me.
Makes for much less stress in the playoffs when the two inevitably meet I guess.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I got a Crosby t-shirt and 4 of his jerseys, doesn't stop me from being a Habs fan

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:09 PM
Evil Ted

Ive got habs oilers and san jose t-shirts, nothing to be ashamed of. Just because Im a fan of one team doesn't let me like players or the way other teams play.

Like others said though if you are a Habs fan and wore a Boston or Leafs and probably Carolina gear you deserve to get your ass kicked though.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Habs are far and away my favourite team, but I have a soft spot for the Blackhawks as well as the Rangers.

I have plenty of t-shirts of players from other teams.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
So . . . Habs are my #1 team with the Hawks a very very distant second. I've only ever worn Habs and Team Canada gear but have been tempted to get a Hawks t-shirt, mostly because they just look good. But I keep feeling like I'd be cheating on the Habs so I haven't done it. Yes, this is dumb I know but curious to know what others think (apart from thinking this is dumb of course)
I love the Blackhawks logo

TBH, the Habs logo is ugly

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Qui Gon Dave

I consider myself a die hard Habs fan, have a bunch of Habs jerseys, have some Bulldogs jerseys and even a couple of bits of game used/worn equipment from the two. But I'm a hockey fan as well and have a bunch of other teams jerseys and the odd t-shirt as well.

Got jerseys of the Avs (Hejduk), Wild, Oilers (Gretzky), Thrashers (was going to get it Kovalchuk'd, still might), Canada, Finland, bunch of Russian teams and even a Sens jumper with the O logo on it (it was going cheap on Ebay and it looks pretty smart, plus most people over here wouldn't think I'm a Sens fan as the NHL isn't big here). Even got a Manchester Tribe jersey. I'm still a Habs fan first and foremost though but it's up to you if you don't feel comfortable wearing another teams gear.

The only stuff I'd never buy is Bruins, Leafs or Flyers and there are a bunch of other teams I'd have no interest in wearing the jersey of unless a favourite player joined them.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I love the Habs a ridiculous amount, but I own and wear my Ovechkin and Kane jerseys to play hockey all the time. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Gros Bill

Get the Holy Water for the heathens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
Buy and wear it. Being a Habs fan doesn't prevent you from being a hockey fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Go ahead, come on man your a hockey fan, specially a Hawks t-shirt, I love them. Now if you bought a Bruins or Leafs shirt, because "they look" nice or something we have a problem.

Specially since they are in a difference conference, and we don't have any rival with them. Its like saying I can't play Franchise Mode in NHL 12 unless its with the Habs or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewBACHa View Post
It's ok,
I'm a habs fan but also like the rangers.

I bought a rangers cap and I dont care.
Its not cheating
Its what is in your heart that counts

Loving the Bruins or the Maple leafs is cheating though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero View Post
Nothing wrong with being proud of a no. 2 team. Hawks are an acceptable choice. If it's the Leafs, Bruins, or Flyers, though, turn in your Hab card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
It ain't cheating unless you get caught. Moral of the story; Wear other team's gear indoors when you're alone.

All kidding aside, who cares? You're a hockey fan, you can wear other team's stuff as much or as little as you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I got a Crosby t-shirt and 4 of his jerseys, doesn't stop me from being a Habs fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Ive got habs oilers and san jose t-shirts, nothing to be ashamed of. Just because Im a fan of one team doesn't let me like players or the way other teams play.

Like others said though if you are a Habs fan and wore a Boston or Leafs and probably Carolina gear you deserve to get your ass kicked though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Habs are far and away my favourite team, but I have a soft spot for the Blackhawks as well as the Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
I consider myself a die hard Habs fan, have a bunch of Habs jerseys, have some Bulldogs jerseys and even a couple of bits of game used/worn equipment from the two. But I'm a hockey fan as well and have a bunch of other teams jerseys and the odd t-shirt as well.

Got jerseys of the Avs (Hejduk), Wild, Oilers (Gretzky), Thrashers (was going to get it Kovalchuk'd, still might), Canada, Finland, bunch of Russian teams and even a Sens jumper with the O logo on it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kostitsyn View Post
I love the Habs a ridiculous amount, but I own and wear my Ovechkin and Kane jerseys to play hockey all the time. Not a big deal in my opinion.
Audi, maledicte Satanas, adjuratus per nomen aeterni Dei et Salvatoris nostri Filii Dei, *** tua victus invidia, tremens gemensque discede.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
guest1467

It is just a jersey man.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
It is just a jersey man.
Just a jersey? Just a jersey? The Holy Flannel just a jersey?
In the name of the Rocket, Gros Bill and the Holy Ghosts, and all that's good on this green Earth, get a grip on yourself, son!

Vade retro Satanas!

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Yah, get it, why not. It's not cheating if they aren't in same conference.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Stradale

I have a OV and Toews tshirt. I wear them when I ball hockey outside just for fun. Id never a Bruins or Leafs tshirt though.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

I've got an Yzerman jersey.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
md3k*

I routinely sport my Habs - Canucks gear to school. Screw what other people think!

md3k* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:11 PM
Hugo Sham

personally i wouldn't do it, too weird and i'm too superstitious. habs gear and only habs gear lol

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:13 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Do it. Toews & Sharp fan here.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Phousse

I proudly wear any Wild and Kings gear at any time, because I still have the Habs logo on my keychain.

Phousse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:19 PM
SB164

It's all good man. Anyone telling you otherwise just takes the Habs a little too seriously.

I just recently ordered a Toews t-shirt. Chicago's a hell of a team, a distant #2, but still one of my favourites nonetheless.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:54 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

Right on my man.
Yeah. Keeping a picture of your GF in your wallet. My wife would love that.

D for DIVORCE.

and then V for VENDETTA.

There would be blood.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:58 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

I've always like the rags too, but mainly bc NY is a very cool city, and I like their Jersey. I also liked them in the seventies, they had some slick players.

Mainly though I like them because they never really suck, they don't tank, and they never really cost us a cup. And they play clean.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:01 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorleyStick View Post

You will burn in the eternal fires of hell for saying that. It's the most beautiful Logo in all of sport.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:07 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post

Got jerseys of the Avs (Hejduk), Wild, Oilers (Gretzky), Thrashers (was going to get it Kovalchuk'd, still might), Canada, Finland, bunch of Russian teams and even a Sens jumper with the O logo on it (it was going cheap on Ebay and it looks pretty smart, plus most people over here wouldn't think I'm a Sens fan as the NHL isn't big here). Even got a Manchester Tribe jersey. I'm still a Habs fan first and foremost though but it's up to you if you don't feel comfortable wearing another teams gear.

The only stuff I'd never buy is Bruins, Leafs or Flyers and there are a bunch of other teams I'd have no interest in wearing the jersey of unless a favourite player joined them.
Speaking of: We should all buy a Lokomotiv jersey. Every hockey fan should. They are, through very sad circumstances, my favorite KHL team. It was time to pick one, and they get my vote. The ultimate underdogs. For now.

As I would die before switching from the Habs, I now pledge my lifelong support to Lokomotiv.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:10 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Get the Holy Water for the heathen

Audi, maledicte Satanas, adjuratus per nomen aeterni Dei et Salvatoris nostri Filii Dei, *** tua victus invidia, tremens gemensque discede.
Don't know my Latin, but that does not sound good. Be afraid, heathens. I love the *** in Latin too. Mods, you are on your game.