HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in SO

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2011, 08:49 PM
  #476
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
They finished 16th. They were just a bit over even (1,01).

Check what you say before you say it.

The worst team was 0,73. That's bottom of the league bad, Habs were much much better than that, despite missing their best D.

Just so you destroy any other delusion you have in your mind, Detroit finished just one rank above the Habs at 1,02.

This link might help you:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...=nav-sts-teams
Was only referring to ES scoring, they were putrid, my point stands. Was never denying that the habs were solid defensively. My only argument was that although the underlying metrics were positive last year, the increase in ES goal scoring this year is much improved thanks to adding two big bodied top 6 wingers from the beginning, you went off into left field about something I never stated.

Don't bother twisting my arguments and then pretending all that matters is the differential. I wasn't putting the habs down. I was discussing ES scoring specifically.

The only total fail here was by you.


Last edited by habsjunkie2*: 11-16-2011 at 09:02 PM.
habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:55 PM
  #477
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
But when referencing ES scoring you're quick to call the habs improved over past years with the same sample size, despite being completely putrid in previous seasons.

I know, I know it's the underlying metrics and nothing to do with Cole/Pacioretty making it easier to score. Bigger guys, which I've stated all along.
Oyz jumps on me and tries to insult as per normal all while changing my argument and telling me I'm wrong and delusional about something I never said. I wouldn't expect anything less though.

I bolded it for you oyz, try reading what your quoting next time, it helps further the discussion.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
  #478
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Oyz jumps on me and tries to insult as per normal all while changing my argument and telling me I'm wrong and delusional about something I never said. I wouldn't expect anything less though.

I bolded it for you oyz, try reading what your quoting next time, it helps further the discussion.
First off, I didn't insult you (everybody has delusions in their mind, you thing you're any different???), although like a little child you keep mispelling Ozy on purpose for awhile now to make it sound like "oy" thinking I don't catch on to it, so get off your high horse, and unlike you I can admit to a mistake, which it was.

Secondly, the production of Moen (although has a lot to do with a contract year) should tell you that the upgrade is not squarely about the physicality of Pac and Cole, but rather has to do with a wholesale addition to the top 9 of Cole, Pac and DD, giving us much more offensive depth, creating a vaccum for opposing teams when its time to matchup their strong defensive pairings.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:19 PM
  #479
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
First off, I didn't insult you (everybody has delusions in their mind, you thing you're any different???), although like a little child you keep mispelling Ozy on purpose for awhile now to make it sound like "oy" thinking I don't catch on to it, so get off your high horse, and unlike you I can admit to a mistake, which it was.

Secondly, the production of Moen (although has a lot to do with a contract year) should tell you that the upgrade is not squarely about the physicality of Pac and Cole, but rather has to do with a wholesale addition to the top 9 of Cole, Pac and DD, giving us much more offensive depth, creating a vaccum for opposing teams when its time to matchup their strong defensive pairings.

I don't think the increased scoring rest solely on their physicality, but I do believe the larger bodies create space for the other guys though.

I didn't mispell ozy with any sort intended purpose. I just type it fast and it comes out that way without thinking, there was certainly no harm intended. I'm not on a high horse, I used the same tactic you use in responding to you that you use on me from time to time. If you prefer not to be talked to that way, it's a two way street.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 12:22 AM
  #480
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I was discussing ES scoring specifically.
26th in the league:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/teamstats.htm...wName=goalsFor

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 05:30 AM
  #481
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Exactly, this is what I was discussing, I wasn't putting the habs down, only addressing an area that we were terrible at, not just one season either. I think we've made great adjustments to improve it however.

JM has guys that are driven by 5vs5 play that he simply didn't have before. Nothing has changed other than the personnel on the ice.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:21 PM
  #482
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
JM has guys that are driven by 5vs5 play that he simply didn't have before. Nothing has changed other than the personnel on the ice.
MaxPac and Cole are definitely helping generate more chances, but the bulk of the increase in scoring is due to the team's overall "finish" going back to normal after a rough year. The 5-on-5 revolution really started last year, though this year's club is indeed even better than that.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 04:59 PM
  #483
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
MaxPac and Cole are definitely helping generate more chances, but the bulk of the increase in scoring is due to the team's overall "finish" going back to normal after a rough year. The 5-on-5 revolution really started last year, though this year's club is indeed even better than that.
I disagree with you on this issue and you saying it as if your theory is fact is becoming annoying. Our 5vs5 scoring has increased because we have players who are better at it.

The players on the ice matter, not only are they scoring themselves a bunch 5vs5, but they make it easier for their line mates. Without them we would be near the bottom again.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.