Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
For 2012, I'll once more quote Tormentor from bit earlier:

For 2013, let's say...

1. F - Alexander Barkov (Tappara)
2. D - Rasmus Ristolainen (TPS)
3. F - Juuso Ikonen (Blues)
4. D - Artturi Lehkonen (TPS)
5. F - Saku Salminen (Jokerit)

And from there, it turns too much of a crapshoot for me to pick any more guesses.

D - Jaakko Hälli (Tappara)
F - Joel Kiviranta (Jokerit)
D - Joni Tuulola (HPK)
F - Manu Honkanen (TPS) ???
F - Miro Mäkinen (Jokerit) ???

F - Julius Nättinen (JYP)
F - Aleksi Saarela (Lukko)
F - Joonas Niemelä (Blues)
F - Jonne Tammela (YJK) ???

That's not a ranking I just threw some names out there I've heard and read about here. Tormentor can probably tell you more about these players.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:09 AM
bebl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
1. F - Alexander Barkov (Tappara)
2. D - Rasmus Ristolainen (TPS)
3. F - Juuso Ikonen (Blues)
4. D - Artturi Lehkonen (TPS)
5. F - Saku Salminen (Jokerit)
Lehkonen is forward and i think he is better prospect than Ikonen. Ikonen is just too small.

Ville Husso and Atte Tolvanen are candidates too.

Old
11-07-2011, 11:31 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebl View Post
Lehkonen is forward and i think he is better prospect than Ikonen. Ikonen is just too small.
Right, of course he is. It's just that F and D are just next to each other on the KB...

And I can't really argue with that other thing either, it really gets muddy at this stage after the obvious top-2.

Old
11-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Needles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post

F - Julius Nättinen (JYP)
F - Aleksi Saarela (Lukko)
F - Joonas Niemelä (Blues)
F - Jonne Tammela (YJK)
???
From what I've heard, Saarela is supposed to be the next potential star in Finnish ice hockey. However, unlike Nättinen, he still plays with the C-juniors for some reason.

I have a question about Toni Rajala. Where do you guys see his "ceiling"? Is he a future NHL player, KHL player or a very good SM-Liiga player? Before Granlund, he was supposed to be the future of Finnish hockey or something... Then he went to the WHL

Old
11-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
From what I've heard, Saarela is supposed to be the next potential star in Finnish ice hockey. However, unlike Nättinen, he still plays with the C-juniors for some reason.
Because his dad (Pasi, former two time SM-liiga top goal scorer) is coach of the team and their team is at the qualifying stage for the actual C-junior SM-liiga.

Old
11-08-2011, 04:26 AM
ES

Lukko failed to get among elite teams in B juniors, so with that age group he would have much weaker opponents as well.

C juniors have just 10 teams in elite level, B juniors 12 and A juniors 16. Compared to elite men's level (14 teams).

C and B play through qualifying every year but A have promotion/relegation after each year with the exception that the organizations with a team in elite men's level can't be relegated.

Differences between elite men's and juniors

C: No HIFK, KalPa, Pelicans, TPS and Ässät, instead KooKoo
B: No Lukko and Tappara
A: Additionally Sport and K-Vantaa.

Old
11-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Eyelanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
The goalie situation is a bit of a mystery for me. Who’s the top dog, is it Auren, Kiviaho, Korpisalo or perhaps Setänen who has been injured for a long time?
When I have seen Kiviaho he hasn´t been overly impressive, however his stats look good. I´m not a big fan of Korpisalo either. It would be interesting to see Auren at some point of the season.

Old
11-13-2011, 05:55 AM
Eyelanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKC View Post

D - Jaakko Hälli (Tappara)
F - Joel Kiviranta (Jokerit)
D - Joni Tuulola (HPK)
F - Manu Honkanen (TPS) ???
F - Miro Mäkinen (Jokerit) ???
BTW, Hälli has already played one game in the Jr. A. That´s impressive considering he is only 15-years-old. It would be nice to see him playing this year. Also, Kiviranta has played in the Jr. A seven games with two (1+1) points. I have seen him once at that level, however didn´t play a lot in the game.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:27 AM
Eyelanders

I was just wondering if anyone could tell who are the top players to watch on Jokerit Jr. B team. I don´t follow this league too match, so any info would be appreciated. I have seen a couple of players like Aleksi Mustonen and Joel Kiviranta this season, but just looking at stats Jokerit seems to have a good team, as they have won all games so far. I´m planning to go watch this weekend the match against Ilves, so that´s the main reason why I ask.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyfollower View Post
I was just wondering if anyone could tell who are the top players to watch on Jokerit Jr. B team. I don´t follow this league too match, so any info would be appreciated. I have seen a couple of players like Aleksi Mustonen and Joel Kiviranta this season, but just looking at stats Jokerit seems to have a good team, as they have won all games so far. I´m planning to go watch this weekend the match against Ilves, so that´s the main reason why I ask.
U17 national team players Kasperi Ojantakanen and Alex Lintuniemi might be a worth a look?? Personally I'd be interested of hearing something about Ilves forward Daniel Bogdiziul, if he's in the line-up.

Old
11-14-2011, 06:15 PM
ChadS

Quote:
Here are some names from which to choose:
D: Lintuniemi, Saari, Sneck, Ullberg(-96)
F: Mustonen, Ojantakainen, Lahtinen, Mäkinen-twins(-96), Kiviranta(-96).

They won't all probably play since you never know who's with which junior team. Tommi Takaveräjä is a real question mark for me, never seen him play but leads Jokerit in scoring after 5 games.

Old
11-15-2011, 03:45 AM
Eyelanders

Thank you for responses, Tormentor and ChadS. It would especially interesting to see Timi Lahtinen playing. He has already played a couple of games with the Jr. A team and has already very good size at 6´2. Just by looking at stats, Daniel Bogdziul has played very well this season. Should be lots of good prospects to watch.

Old
11-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Haite
x

Haha, Markus Granlund just scored with a lacrosse scoop against Blues.

E: Also, Jani Hakanpää scored his first SM-liiga goal in the same game.

Last edited by Haite: 11-17-2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old
11-17-2011, 03:52 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haite View Post
Haha, Markus Granlund just scored with a lacrosse scoop against Blues.

E: Also, Jani Hakanpää scored his first SM-liiga goal in the same game.
I love Hakanpää. He's developed with huge steps from last year. This kid could be very interesting player in the future if he keeps up the developement. His movement is excellent for his size. Good physicality and great at making first pass and getting away from pressure. Very underrated prospect right now.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:14 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
I love Hakanpää. He's developed with huge steps from last year. This kid could be very interesting player in the future if he keeps up the developement. His movement is excellent for his size. Good physicality and great at making first pass and getting away from pressure. Very underrated prospect right now.
I agree with you 100%. I've watched him pretty closely the last couple years as I follow Espoo Blues a lot. He at times looks better in SM-liiga than he did in jr. A last year. He's been solid as a rock defensively, always calm with the puck and makes good decisions. And to my surprise compared to last year he seems to have some offensive potential as well

Old
11-17-2011, 04:34 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
I agree with you 100%. I've watched him pretty closely the last couple years as I follow Espoo Blues a lot. He at times looks better in SM-liiga than he did in jr. A last year. He's been solid as a rock defensively, always calm with the puck and makes good decisions. And to my surprise compared to last year he seems to have some offensive potential as well
1 word, confidence.

Old
11-17-2011, 05:14 PM
Password

I heard a couple of weeks ago that someone here on the boards said Hakanpää was the worst player he had ever seen in SM-Liiga

Great to hear that he's doing so well. He will be a key player in WJC.

Old
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Password View Post
I heard a couple of weeks ago that someone here on the boards said Hakanpää was the worst player he had ever seen in SM-Liiga

Great to hear that he's doing so well. He will be a key player in WJC.
Well, he's looking better than at the start of the season. He definately wasn't the worst player

He will definately be a huge part of the defence in WJC.

Old
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Needles

Quote:
Well, he's looking better than at the start of the season. He definately wasn't the worst player

He will definately be a huge part of the defence in WJC.
Now that Lajunen has left to the KHL, it will be interesting to see if Hakanpää can step up his game even more. He seems to have a decent shot and now there's a spot open in the first power play unit. Just sayin´

Old
11-18-2011, 07:02 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post
Now that Lajunen has left to the KHL, it will be interesting to see if Hakanpää can step up his game even more. He seems to have a decent shot and now there's a spot open in the first power play unit. Just sayin´
Highly doubtful, though he's been good he's still from a different planet offensively than Lajunen. he should be tried sometime on the PP too though, he's got enough calmness and hockey IQ to potentially be good on the powerplay too.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Eyelanders

For the 2014 Draft Prospects, I would notice Alex Lintuniemi from Jokerit. I just saw him playing today and I like what I saw. He´s big, strong, has good poise with the puck and has a solid shot. He´s a late birthday and should be a defenseman to watch. Though a 2013 eligible player, I thought that forward Kasperi Ojantakanen played well. He scored 1+1 and seemed to be a very skilled player with the puck.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:23 AM
YARR123

Quote:
For the 2014 Draft Prospects, I would notice Alex Lintuniemi from Jokerit. I just saw him playing today and I like what I saw. He´s big, strong, has good poise with the puck and has a solid shot. He´s a late birthday and should be a defenseman to watch. Though a 2013 eligible player, I thought that forward Kasperi Ojantakanen played well. He scored 1+1 and seemed to be a very skilled player with the puck.
How did his skating look? This was a jr. B game I assume?

Old
11-19-2011, 01:43 PM
ChadS

Lintuniemi is a rightie as well, so a nice change since Jokerit have had very few right-handed d-men come out of juniors in the last years. I think he'll get some games in the A-juniors this season as well.

Goalie Kevin Lankinen(-95) made his A-junior debut today with a 21 save shutout against Sport. He could probably be a starter in a few other teams but he's going to have a tough time getting starts behind Joonas Korpisalo, so expect him to play more in the B-juniors.

Old
11-20-2011, 03:20 AM
Eyelanders

Quote:
How did his skating look? This was a jr. B game I assume?
Lintuniemi´s skating looked decent for a big kid. He seems to be bigger than last season, so I guess that it must to do with his skating a little bit. He played well - he didn´t try to do too much, but he was effective and had two assists in the game. It would be interesting to see Lintuniemi playing in the Jr. A, although Jokerit does have older good D like Esa Lindell and Otso Rantakari for example in that team.

And Ojantakanen´s skating looked good, but I was even more impressed by his very good offensive skills and good shot. To me he might reminds a bit of Teuvo Teräväinen. Of course one match doesn´t tell all, but I try to see Ojantakanen playing more, because he looked as very good prospect.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:10 AM
RKC

Quote:
Lintuniemi´s skating looked decent for a big kid. He seems to be bigger than last season, so I guess that it must to do with his skating a little bit. He played well - he didn´t try to do too much, but he was effective and had two assists in the game. It would be interesting to see Lintuniemi playing in the Jr. A, although Jokerit does have older good D like Esa Lindell and Otso Rantakari for example in that team.

And Ojantakanen´s skating looked good, but I was even more impressed by his very good offensive skills and good shot. To me he might reminds a bit of Teuvo Teräväinen. Of course one match doesn´t tell all, but I try to see Ojantakanen playing more, because he looked as very good prospect.
Did you pay any attention to Miro Mäkinen? I would be interested to hear about him and his brother Atte if anyone has seen them play.

Closed Thread