HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#18|Nov. 17, 2011|Coyotes at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
  #26
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black
 
F L Y E R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,503
vCash: 500
Release The Kraken!!!!!!!!

Yotes better bring their A game, cause the Flyers will be bringing that ****! They don't impress me. I think they're overachieving thus far and will fall back into lower standings, where they belong.

GO FLYERS

F L Y E R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:15 PM
  #27
dats81
Registered User
 
dats81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Carinthia
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Should be an easy win
I hope the players don't take it that lightly

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:19 PM
  #28
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Going to miss most of this game, stupid work scheduling me til 9. ugh, Let's go Flyers! Get a win.
When you guys miss games, do you avoid everything that would reveal the outcome and watch it later like i do? Or just chalk it up as a missed game?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
  #29
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
When you guys miss games, do you avoid everything that would reveal the outcome and watch it later like i do? Or just chalk it up as a missed game?
Honestly, I could DVR it. But I don't have a DVR box in my room, so it wouldn't really get watched til tomorrow or Saturday even. And besides I can't avoid it, I set my fantasy roster the night before the next day due to having work.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
  #30
Flyersfan139
Registered User
 
Flyersfan139's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Exton, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
When you guys miss games, do you avoid everything that would reveal the outcome and watch it later like i do? Or just chalk it up as a missed game?
I don't miss many but when I do I just chalk it up to a missed game.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:50 PM
  #31
mirimon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Wrong Town
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Looked through Phoenix' gdt, and apparently Bryzgalov isn't that missed among his former teammates. The guy who's doing the interviews sounds like he's applying for a job in Philly media somewhere...

Derek Morris on playing the Flyers and Bryzgalov
http://chirb.it/1EgC0k

Adrian Aucoin
http://chirb.it/ePsbJk

Jason LaBarbera
http://chirb.it/DEed14

Shane Doan comes on about 3 minutes in to this one.
http://chirb.it/dh6b4D

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:53 PM
  #32
DogsFan*
GHG
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hamilton, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,036
vCash: 500
Hmm. Came in here trying to get some insider info on whether to play Smith tonight in Fantasy. Still can't decide.

Also, Nice GDT. Full of cool info.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:59 PM
  #33
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Hmm. Came in here trying to get some insider info on whether to play Smith tonight in Fantasy. Still can't decide.

Also, Nice GDT. Full of cool info.
I'd say no..

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
  #34
Magnifique
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
Release The Kraken!!!!!!!!

Yotes better bring their A game, cause the Flyers will be bringing that ****! They don't impress me. I think they're overachieving thus far and will fall back into lower standings, where they belong.

GO FLYERS
Yup, just like last year, oh yeah, and the year before. Just like the last two plus seasons. That is quite a duration of overachieving. But you're right.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
  #35
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Looked through Phoenix' gdt, and apparently Bryzgalov isn't that missed among his former teammates. The guy who's doing the interviews sounds like he's applying for a job in Philly media somewhere...

Derek Morris on playing the Flyers and Bryzgalov
http://chirb.it/1EgC0k

Adrian Aucoin
http://chirb.it/ePsbJk

Jason LaBarbera
http://chirb.it/DEed14

Shane Doan comes on about 3 minutes in to this one.
http://chirb.it/dh6b4D
They all sound like he wasn't quite hated but disliked..
NHL player Derek Morris sounds like he hated him though

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
  #36
BillyShoe1721
Terriers
 
BillyShoe1721's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,772
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Bryz's's former teammates had some interesting words for Bryz. Bryz better make them eat them with a great performance.

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:32 PM
  #37
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,963
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Bryz's's former teammates had some interesting words for Bryz. Bryz better make them eat them with a great performance.
I'm sure Bryz has nothing but nice things to say about them. Haha.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
  #38
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm sure Bryz has nothing but nice things to say about them. Haha.
"Uh, been a little easier you know. Back doesnt hurt as much.. Carrying a team can hurt after a while."

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:15 PM
  #39
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 12,176
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
"Uh, been a little easier you know. Back doesnt hurt as much.. Carrying a team can hurt after a while."
please tell me he said that, if so link?

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:18 PM
  #40
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,642
vCash: 500
I still don't buy the "he carried Phoenix!" theory. Their record is almost the same as ours and they're 4th in the West. They seem to be doing just fine without him.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:25 PM
  #41
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
please tell me he said that, if so link?
No he didnt.. But i imagine thats something he would say

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
  #42
Reikai
Neutral fan
 
Reikai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I still don't buy the "he carried Phoenix!" theory. Their record is almost the same as ours and they're 4th in the West. They seem to be doing just fine without him.
Smith is pretty much this year's "Bryzgalov" for them. He's looked solid from what the games i've seen. Flyers need to capitalize on the chances they get. IMO Phoenix isnt a very good team, they have the effort to win games but lean on their goaltender alot..

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:36 PM
  #43
funghoul
retardo montalbon
 
funghoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: upper drugs
Country: United States
Posts: 1,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Bryz's's former teammates had some interesting words for Bryz. Bryz better make them eat them with a great performance.
yea, they were talkin shome sit. a shutout would be nice. and i do believe that he carried them in the past and mike smith is carryin them now. smith always had high potential and now without the pressure that was put on him in dallas (injuries screwed him up in tampa) He's thriving as was predicted early in his career. opportunist defensive systems are great and all but they dont work without an above average goalie. Labarbera as the starter would have them closer to the bottom. Nice side drama for tonight.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:37 PM
  #44
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 41,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artorein View Post
Smith is pretty much this year's "Bryzgalov" for them. He's looked solid from what the games i've seen. Flyers need to capitalize on the chances they get. IMO Phoenix isnt a very good team, they have the effort to win games but lean on their goaltender alot..
That could be proof that PHX plays a goalie-friendly system. Smith isn't a very good goalie.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:45 PM
  #45
bryzgalovsky*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Bryzgalov is nervous about facing the Coyotes.

I'm hoping Flyers can make it out of this game with a point.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
  #46
Reikai
Neutral fan
 
Reikai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Helsinki
Posts: 2,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
That could be proof that PHX plays a goalie-friendly system. Smith isn't a very good goalie.
Maybe, well, they do play that kind of hockey, but he's been really good too, again, based on what i've seen.

Reikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:52 PM
  #47
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,804
vCash: 500
Lets win it for Bryz and so that I won't have to read about PHX beating Bryz and his contract in the main forum.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:59 PM
  #48
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 14,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryzgalovsky View Post
Bryzgalov is nervous about facing the Coyotes.

I'm hoping Flyers can make it out of this game with a point.
Did he say this himself?

Also Giroux and Voracek dyed their mo's black just for the heck of it. I will post the video when its available.


Last edited by Prongo: 11-17-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM
  #49
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500


Sure hope I didn't offend the 71 Coyotes fans out there. Move this team to Quebec already!

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM
  #50
bryzgalovsky*
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
Did he say this himself?
http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...414&feedID=704

Written by Pinocchio, so take it with a pound of salt.

bryzgalovsky* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.