HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Winter Classic / HBO 24/7

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2011, 04:08 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedinBLUEsince92 View Post
same, what's up with that? The only reason that I can think of is because I didn't already have a nhl.com account and had to just make one.
I got that as well but I already had an NHL.com account. I thought maybe it was because my exact age was 18 but since other people are having problems, I guess it isn't that.

11-17-2011, 04:32 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
They won't be on TV for quite some time, actually.

If you had a camera crew brought into your workplace would it change anything you did?

The locker room, especially the one of a the top level athlete in the world, is a place of business. A job. A profession.
This is laughable. You basically are trying to make an excuse already. Its ridiculous. These players are on camera constantly. It isn't nearly as big of a deal as you make it out to be. NFL teams have been on similar shows for a long time. No big deal.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:49 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...tery-after-all

Turns out there will be a public lottery for tickets, afterall. Hoping a lot of NYR fans see this and enter so that CBP is flooded with Blueshirts.
Thanks, I entered! Getting all my friends and family to enter too, might help my slim to none chances.

11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Torturella View Post
This is laughable. You basically are trying to make an excuse already. Its ridiculous. These players are on camera constantly. It isn't nearly as big of a deal as you make it out to be. NFL teams have been on similar shows for a long time. No big deal.
You are misunderstanding my point.

I do not believe it is a very good excuse. My point, is that this will undoubtedly be blamed by any media outlet you care to mention, and likely Tortorella if we go on a cold streak here.

It is a potential scapegoat and deflector for the team if it plays poorly. And, all winning streaks come to an end. I've never seen an 8 gamer. So I do expect us to lose a couple soon here.

11-17-2011, 11:47 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
You are misunderstanding my point.

I do not believe it is a very good excuse. My point, is that this will undoubtedly be blamed by any media outlet you care to mention, and likely Tortorella if we go on a cold streak here.

It is a potential scapegoat and deflector for the team if it plays poorly. And, all winning streaks come to an end. I've never seen an 8 gamer. So I do expect us to lose a couple soon here.
Toronto opened their 93-94 season with 10 consecutive wins. Buffalo did it in 06-07, the year Drury burned us in the playoffs. There were many others as well, but those two came off the top of my head.

Old
11-17-2011, 11:52 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I got that as well but I already had an NHL.com account. I thought maybe it was because my exact age was 18 but since other people are having problems, I guess it isn't that.
Just tried again and it went through so maybe the system was just glitching earlier.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Surprised no one's brought this up but it looks like the NHL or someone with access to tickets is dumping them on StubHub. How is it possible that people have blocks of 10 or more tickets together?

Old
11-18-2011, 07:58 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Surprised no one's brought this up but it looks like the NHL or someone with access to tickets is dumping them on StubHub. How is it possible that people have blocks of 10 or more tickets together?
Guaranteed it is the NHL. Teams (and the league) have been scalping their own tickets for years and selling directly on stubhub for years. The Rangers-Isles game on Tuesday night. You could have bought the entire last row of the arena in more than 1/2 the sections upstairs. Anyone who can afford to buy 15 season tickets is going to buy better seats.

Old
11-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Boom Quack

So it seems like I'm probably not going to be able to go to this game unless I was a season ticket holder. The prices on any site are absolutely ridiculous. At this point I rather just go to a normal game as MSG

Old
11-18-2011, 08:45 AM
thesnake

Is Suscriber Central on the NYR page down for everyone? I cant seem to log on today (tried yesterday as well) to pay for my WC tix...

Old
11-18-2011, 09:07 AM
rambler725

Subscriber central has been done you can backdoor your account by going through ticket exchange and selecting pay invoice option

Old
11-18-2011, 09:21 AM
GloveSave35

Flyers sources reported yesterday that stores have begun to receive Tshirt jerseys (jer-Tees) for the Winter classic that may indicate what the jersey will look like:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/11...ssing+Broad%29

While I hate to use ebay as a source, similar NYR tees are now popping up. Not sure if they are knockoffs of the Flyers design or if they truly indicate that the jersey will, in fact, have the elongated crest (rather than arched Rangers and numbers). FWIW, the same ebay store is selling both the flyers version and the rangers version of the shirt:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Ran...item826685e37d

Old
11-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Ih8theislanders

They were selling similar merchandise at MSG.

Old
11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
sbjnyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnake View Post
Well, I checked with my rep and he wasn't sure why the charged me the $540. He's looking into it this morning... but he says it wasnt for the winter classic and it wasnt my monthly payment.

I see some others have gotten their tix already. I haven't heard from them yet... I've had my tix since 1998.
Did you ever find out what this was? I just saw that the Rangers charged me $360 and it is not for my season tickets. I don't have any WC tickets offered on my account yet either.

Edit: OK it was my season tickets because I sold a couple of games on TE and got it applied to my invoice.

I also found out my nephew, an islander fan, is on the Rangers' system. Thanksgiving will be much fun.

Old
11-18-2011, 11:19 AM
BleedinBLUEsince92

Quote:
Just tried again and it went through so maybe the system was just glitching earlier.
I just tried again today and this time it went through so yeah the system must of just been glitching. Now all that's left to do is wait and hope i'm one of the few picked.. yeaah right

Old
11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
thesnake

Quote:
Does anyone know when we'll have the winter classic tix in hand?

I'm about to pull the trigger on getting mine... but we are going to try to flip them. I want to know when I'll have them in hand to pass along to a seller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
cant you print out the pdfs?
Just as a FYI to all... I just listed my tickets on stubhub and they are saying you will be required to use FEDEX to ship winter classic tix. No e-delivery.

It said they will provide a postage paid shipping lable on completion of the sale.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:43 PM
MessierIsGod

Quote:
Just as a FYI to all... I just listed my tickets on stubhub and they are saying you will be required to use FEDEX to ship winter classic tix. No e-delivery.

It said they will provide a postage paid shipping lable on completion of the sale.
But you can still choose print at home for your rangers invoive then print and fedex out the printed copy to the buyer. That's what I plan to do. Save $15 shipping. I actually think this is safer for the seller in case the buyer claims he never got them. The bad thing is the buyer not getting the pretty hard copy. Sh doesn't guarantee that.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Rangers WC T-shirt (most likely)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Ran...item826685e379

11-18-2011, 02:12 PM
thesnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
But you can still choose print at home for your rangers invoive then print and fedex out the printed copy to the buyer. That's what I plan to do. Save $15 shipping. I actually think this is safer for the seller in case the buyer claims he never got them. The bad thing is the buyer not getting the pretty hard copy. Sh doesn't guarantee that.
Very true... just pointing out that the e-delivery wasnt an option.

My tickets were listed this AM on stubhub and have sold already! 100% profit after fees in a few hours time... not too shabby!!

Old
11-18-2011, 02:18 PM
NYRFAN218
Brass God

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
Those are the real deal. They're on NHL.com.

Old
11-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie

vCash: 3100
Quote:
So I'll assume this is likely what the jerseys will look like.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Old
11-18-2011, 06:00 PM
GloveSave35

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=602196&print=true

Flyers to unveil WC jerseys on Monday... earlier than expected.

Can't imagine the Blueshirts will be that far behind.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Does anyone know if VividTickets.com is legit? They've got a ton of WC tickets for sale. Only reason why I'm not sold on it is because ticketmaster and stubhub don't have WC tickets.

Also, what sections are the Ranger fans in?

Old
11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
GloveSave35

Quote:
Does anyone know if VividTickets.com is legit? They've got a ton of WC tickets for sale. Only reason why I'm not sold on it is because ticketmaster and stubhub don't have WC tickets.

Also, what sections are the Ranger fans in?
I'm guessing you mean Vivid Seats... They do have a ton of seats available and I have heard that they are legit. I bought my WC tickets from them about one week ago, so I'm sure hoping they are legit.

By this time, virtually all ticket brokers are selling tickets... including stub hub. Ticket liquidator, ticketsnow, and a host of others are selling WC tickets.

I think Ranger fans will be spread throughout the stadium. I'll be in section 328. I've heard many other sections on here from season ticket holders. Non season ticket holders like myself will buy tickets from ebay, Vivid, Stubhub and others... so they will be purchasing Flyers, Rangers, Phillies and corporate seats.. and thus, will be spread out in many sections.

Good luck to you.

Old
11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave35 View Post
I'm guessing you mean Vivid Seats... They do have a ton of seats available and I have heard that they are legit. I bought my WC tickets from them about one week ago, so I'm sure hoping they are legit.

By this time, virtually all ticket brokers are selling tickets... including stub hub. Ticket liquidator, ticketsnow, and a host of others are selling WC tickets.

I think Ranger fans will be spread throughout the stadium. I'll be in section 328. I've heard many other sections on here from season ticket holders. Non season ticket holders like myself will buy tickets from ebay, Vivid, Stubhub and others... so they will be purchasing Flyers, Rangers, Phillies and corporate seats.. and thus, will be spread out in many sections.

Good luck to you.
Thanks, good luck to you too.

So I guess the questions is, those of you who have received WC tickets, what section are you in? I want to be sitting in the Rangers sections.

Closed Thread