HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Tripe! (Bucky Gleason Article)

Old
11-17-2011, 02:20 PM
KevinFG

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to KevinFG
Jame: The first one might border on Opinion, but I think it would be a huge stretch to refute it. That's my opinion on that fact

KevinFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 02:25 PM
KevinFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Facts ????
I started out well intentioned.

Old
11-17-2011, 03:27 PM
BowieSabresFan

Why do people still put up the comment that Miller doesn't take responsibility when he does not play well? He's done just that a couple of times already this year.

That anyone could still agree with this (Jame) just proves an agenda, because the facts are there to refute it.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:30 PM
KevinFG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowieSabresFan View Post
Why do people still put up the comment that Miller doesn't take responsibility when he does not play well? He's done just that a couple of times already this year.

That anyone could still agree with this (Jame) just proves an agenda, because the facts are there to refute it.
If he has, fine, but I've never seen it.

Old
11-17-2011, 03:33 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by haseoke39 View Post
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/co...icle636478.ece

"Talk coming from the Sabres' dressing room recently suggested they play harder in front of Enroth, which was troubling. Miller said the other day that his teammates have his back, but it sure looked like the opposite Saturday.

"That said, the Sabres have taken to Enroth since last season. He's an easygoing kid with a friendly personality who doesn't let too much bother him. He's also been a very good player. He wasn't in top form Wednesday, but he also didn't get much support from his teammates. Ruff summoned Drew MacIntyre for mop-up duty without worrying about Enroth's psyche.........

Well ****. I should have have mentioned my thoughts i was having before this article. Cause it will sound like I'm agreeing with that Idiot.

Well, here i go.

I also noticed that while watching the Sabres play this season. They do seem to play better defensively in front of Enroth.

Miller hasn't look good at times this season. But god damn, the team in front of him wasn't doing him any favors with their ****** defensive play either.

I was just chalking it up to the team just mentally being more cautious in front of Enroth, "the backup", and just going full on stupid when Miller was in net, thinking he'd bail their ***** out.

Bucky's article insinuating that it's more premeditated than we first thought seems a bit too far fetched. I doubt it's true. However, if by some chance it is true, this team is in some serious trouble. Especially if you have players sabotaging the organization because of personal vendettas.

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:38 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Here goes Harrington:

Quote:
Repeating: TPeg should have met Buffalo media -- all of us -- on PSU. You don't want to talk? Fine. But then u turn and talk to TSN? No.
SUCK IT MIKE.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:43 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Here goes Harrington:

SUCK IT MIKE.
LOL. He just got trolled hard by T-pegs.

Like Terry said in his statement, he's a gas man. I doubt he's very intimidated by the clowns at TBN.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:44 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Awe, Harrington ...

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I love it how he thinks that the media dictates who someone is allowed to talk to, and when.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Duddy
Everyday is

Quote:
Here goes Harrington:

SUCK IT MIKE.
yeah he should've met with everybody, the wheater people, the food critics etc.. curse you terry

Quote:
BNHarringtonMike Harrington

It's full of BIG holes: What about Cliff Benson? What about TPeg's thoughts on deposed prez and AD? Still hasn't answered those questions.
cry me a river mike

I <3 TPEG

Mr President Big Daddy Ted and TPEG are probably laughing at those fools at TBN.

Duddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:49 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
I love it how he thinks that the media dictates who someone is allowed to talk to, and when.
The ironic thing about the whole situation is that TBN needs Pegula -- not the other way around. Harrington is acting like TBN was doing Pegula a favor by trying to get him to talk.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:51 PM
KevinFG

It's my own fault really, but in the last month or so, I've let Bucky, Harrington, and Sullivan bother me way too much. These guys have zero impact on my life, and shouldn't.

I get my news from newspapers. I get my opinion from the the internet. Since those three aren't very good at either of those things, well, why should I care what they have to say?

Old
11-17-2011, 03:51 PM
Crazy Tasty

Someone needs to get their hands on the results of his Myers-Briggs scoring and then we can really dig into his alleged psyche.

Crazy Tasty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 03:54 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I actually agree... sort of...

There's more to team success than individual statistics/performance. I think the personalities, demeanor, attitude of 2 specific players has been a BIG reason why this team has lacked identity, chemistry, and a team mentality for the last 4+ seasons.

But I'm just a stupid hater with a dumb opinion
I'm not sure that I agree with Bucky, but I will say this. Miller is considered by many people "on the outside" (among fans, etc.) to be one of the leaders of the team - going back at least 2 or 3 seasons now.

Personally, I don't think that's the case. I never really got the vibe that the rest of the team views/viewed him that way. While he's always been willing to put himself out there as a leader, accept his share of blame for losses or shortcomings, and the goaltender position is somewhat unique in that he probably gets more support from his teammates in the media than other positions - I just don't see him as the guy who others look for guidance in between periods, pre-game talks, etc.

Complete and utter speculation on my part - but that's not any worse than what Bucky is getting paid for.

Also, Roy sucks.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
gallagt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
It was a response to Steve Simmons article around July11th that questioned the Connolly signing and re-hashed a great deal of the anti-Connolly commentary from the local press. I'll see if I can find some of it.

Edit - SS's original article: http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/12...s-always-a-but

And the Globe and Mail article with the Miller interview calling Simmons (and others) bunk: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2098040/
Thanks, Chain!

Gleason and Harrington are both fools. This stuff is getting ridiculous.

gallagt01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:21 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Here goes Harrington:

SUCK IT MIKE.
That's hilarious. Sense of entitlement much? What an unprofessional whiny little *****.

Nice work, Pegula.

Old
11-17-2011, 04:30 PM
Afino
The Juice

Oops, didn't see Harrington bashing was in here too.

Pegs just gave Harrington (and TBN) a big **** you. And I love it.

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Cirris

Send a message via Yahoo to Cirris
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post

It's like saying "Sorry, TBN, I'm too big to give exclusives to your rinky-dink rag"

Cirris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Zman5778

Send a message via AIM to Zman5778 Send a message via MSN to Zman5778 Send a message via Yahoo to Zman5778
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZackKassian View Post

So.....one week until the first column comes out condemning Pegula for putting this team together? For being evasive? For breathing?

Zman5778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Afino
The Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
So.....one week until the first column comes out condemning Pegula for putting this team together? For being evasive? For breathing?
I think it'll be something along the lines of "this is the same old team/same old Sabres.....Darcy has shown he can't put a team together under unlimited financial terms....Pegula is spineless for not firing Darcy and Lindy yet!"

Afino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 04:48 PM
skibum

Bucky is such a tool. It's painfully obvious from his spiteful little jabs that the players don't much care for him and thus never give him any decent information. For years, he has been the biggest hater and I honestly don't know why he doesn't move on to report for a new locale at this point.

I would challenge anyone, Bucky included, who says the Sabres lack heart, to go out and play 82 hockey games against monsters like Zdeno Chara; to go punch Milan Lucic and see what happens; to have your every move hyper-criticized by a bunch of fat, lazy wannabes who can't skate and probably suck at their jobs (as Bucky most assuredly does).

skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:04 PM
BowieSabresFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFG View Post
If he has, fine, but I've never seen it.
Just read some of the post game interviews. They were even put up on another message string not long ago. Trust me, that particular thought is an urban legend.

BowieSabresFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Takeo

Miller has always been an emotional basket case. To include trips to the sports psychologist early in his career and an assortment of post-game tantrums. He has also always tossed up his arms after bad goals as if to blame his teammates on the ice. I don't see the problem here.

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:34 PM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Personally, I don't think that's the case. I never really got the vibe that the rest of the team views/viewed him that way.
The team voted him the MVP last season. I do not see how they could be any clearer.

MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:00 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
The team voted him the MVP last season. I do not see how they could be any clearer.
Except for the little fact that being the teams Most Valuable Player doesn't necessarily have anything to do with leadership.

In some cases it can and does - I'm not saying the two are mutually exclusive - but the team voting him MVP doesn't tell us anything about his leadership.