HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's put things into perspective

Old
11-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
The whole premise of the thread is base on the false presumption that everyone is saying that everything sucks. And that's not been the case. Sure you can point to negative posts, but you sweep everything with one brush.
Actually I don't.
Read the post previous to yours, that's what I'm talking about.
Garbage behind the bench? Gm that dismantle our team? Ya, that's some fine criticism right there.

If you don't feel like what I'm describing is representative of you, then maybe I'm not talking about you. Not sure why you feel the need to defend some obvious over critical fans. You know there are some, and that's who I'm talking about.
I never said criticizing is bad, and I've been doing it myself. The rest of your post is full of fail. All I did was point to a 7-2-1 record and said things aren't so bleak. I guess that's me trying to tell people how to think...
Seriously, you either haven't read my op, or you have huge reading comprehension issues.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:30 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Actually I don't.
Garbage behind the bench? Gm that dismantle our team? Ya, that's some fine criticism right there.
If you don't feel like what I'm describing is representative of you, then maybe I'm not talking about you. Not sure why you feel the need to defend some obvious over critical fans. You know there are some, and that's who I'm talking about.
I never said criticizing is bad, and I've been doing it myself. The rest of your post is full of fail. All I did was point to a 7-2-1 record and said things aren't so bleak. I guess that's me trying to tell people how to think...
Seriously, you either haven't read my op, or you have huge reading comprehension issues.
It was and is my and apparently many others opinon and also a response to a direct question asked of me as to what we should do to build a contender. I think the reading comprehension issue or lack of understanding was yours not his.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Andy

Quote:
Actually I don't.

Kriss, I love how after clarifying on page 2 that you weren't saying that you thought the habs were a contender, people for the 3 pages still are accusing you of calling this team a contender and that you are drinking Kool-Aid.

Appearntly telling people to relax and be more patient equates to you calling this team a contender. Actually this what you said :

Quote:

Things aren't so bleak. So cheer up, Habs land.
I still don't see how people are seeing "the habs are a cup-contender" in that.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:49 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
how the **** can you think this was a boring game is beyond me...

if youre saying martin himself is boring, well you're a big boy, im sure you can handle the less than one minute per game he's actually on camera
Never said last night's game was boring... Don't know where you took that.

There is going to be exciting games, obviously. It's a long season. But there's a lot more boring games versus exciting ones, ainec. I agree, he's a very good coach and his system works but it's amazingly painful to watch, except for the playoffs where I just want my team to win no matter what. I've found myself falling alseep during too many games since Jacques Martin took over this team and I can feel the crowd being more quiet ever since.

He's a boring coach and his system is boring even though it's effective. Give me Coach Boucher.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:51 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jee View Post

There is going to be exciting games, obviously. It's a long season. But there's a lot more boring games versus exciting ones, ainec. I agree, he's a very good coach and his system works but it's amazingly painful to watch, except for the playoffs where I just want my team to win no matter what. I've found myself falling alseep during too many games since Jacques Martin took over this team and I can feel the crowd being more quiet ever since.

He's a boring coach and his system is boring even though it's effective. Give me Coach Boucher.
If what you're looking for is excitement, boy, are you gonna be disappointed.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
If what you're looking for is excitement, boy, are you gonna be disappointed.
That scar, man.

Old
11-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 350
Quote:
Fire Martin, Fire Gauthier, Cole sucks, Gomez sucks, PP is horrendous and coaches need to be fired because of it, our Defense sucks, Pearn fired etc..
We pretty much heard it all by now.

Our Habs still aren't escaping any sort of criticism. Most fans jump at any chance they get to spit out their criticisms.

We all know we had a rough start, but since our win versus Philly, we're 7-2-1. Yet, it still feels like we're doomed to fail if we listen to plenty of fans.

Things aren't so bleak. So cheer up, Habs land.
You're absolutely right. The only fans that should get any chance to spit out their criticisms, are season ticket holders.

Last edited by Ollie Williams: 11-17-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
You're absolutely right. The only fans that should get any chance to pit out their criticisms, are season ticket holders.
... Really ?

Old
11-17-2011, 06:44 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

can you count to 131 ?

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:44 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
... Really ?
Yes, and they should choose the coach and the GM.

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Ollie Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Yes, and they should choose the coach and the GM.
They should also be allowed to nominate themselves.

Old
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
They should also be allowed to nominate themselves.
that would be unfair to Molson EX "members" who could only pick the med staff

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:54 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
that would be unfair to Molson EX "members" who could only pick the med staff
I'm afraid they could hire Dr. Recchi. He only knows about concussions. What about those groin injuries???

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 06:56 PM
Ollie Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
I'm afraid they could hire Dr. Recchi. He only knows about concussions. What about those groin injuries???
We could always vote him in as a medical adviser along with GMs and Coaches. Gotta have a concussion expert on the panel.

Old
11-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Actually I don't.

Dude, I can read just fine. Look at my post and what I bolded from yours.

Okay.... let's try this a different way.

If you want to make a positive thread then do so. You don't have to come out and slam folks who've been critical of the club.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 08:53 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

He's a boring coach and his system is boring even though it's effective.
that's fine, that's valid criticism. i have no problem with his system but i can why some people would.

Quote:
Give me Coach Boucher.
yeah.... i got news for ya

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
that's fine, that's valid criticism. i have no problem with his system but i can why some people would.

yeah.... i got news for ya
He does have a 1-3-1 system, but that guy knows how to spark his players. He's got that drive Jacques Martin misses. If the team gets into his intensity, then it should be showing on the ice.

That's what I want. And we have the right players to mesh into that.

Old
11-17-2011, 09:42 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
He does have a 1-3-1 system, but that guy knows how to spark his players. He's got that drive Jacques Martin misses. If the team gets into his intensity, then it should be showing on the ice.

That's what I want. And we have the right players to mesh into that.
true, true

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:59 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
And this is where you lose people.

The whole premise of the thread is based on the false presumption that everyone is saying that everything sucks. You lump any criticism on any subject together and attribute them to everyone... and that's not been the case. Sure you can point to negative posts, but you sweep everything with one brush. I can't think of any posters that have said that EVERYTHING sucks. Some are unhappy with the coach and the direction of the team, others though may support Martin and feel its on a weak roster... But you just lump this all together. I can't think of a serious poster who's screamed that we're a last place team and will be for... infinite because everything is wrong with us. And yet, that's pretty much how you've framed this debate. Most (though not all) feel we've underacheived. But if you take from people's posts that they are saying that EVERYTHING sucks, then you're basically saying that folks can't criticize the team.

Then you turn around and scream that you have the right to be positive...

Do you not see the comedy here?

By all means be positive. There IS stuff to be positive about. But when you start a thread by dismissing people's criticisms as whining, you're going to hear about it. And you should hear about it because quite frankly what you're saying is a load of crap.

For the record: I think we're better than our points indicate. I think we have three youngsters that I'm more excited about since I can't remember and we do have something to build around for the future. That IS something to be positive about.

My criticisms of the club are well documented and (I believe anyway) have been fair. You may not like what I have to say or how I say it but it's based on results. You can disagree of course but labelling it 'whining' is just a means by which you dismiss arguments that you either don't agree with or can't refute.

Stop trying to tell people how to think. Stop trying to squelch discussion by labelling those who disagree with you as whiners. You want the right to be positive? Cool. Allow people the right to be critical. This thread is a thinly veiled shot at to those who offer critical views of the team.
excellent post. And the bold is right on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Kriss, I love how after clarifying on page 2 that you weren't saying that you thought the habs were a contender, people for the 3 pages still are accusing you of calling this team a contender and that you are drinking Kool-Aid.

Appearntly telling people to relax and be more patient equates to you calling this team a contender. Actually this what you said :

I still don't see how people are seeing "the habs are a cup-contender" in that.
Read the above and see the bold above... Maybe you'll get it now if you haven't already.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Protest the Hero

Our leading score is a 6'2" 215lbs power forward, when's the last time that happened.

Protest the Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:26 PM
AcadiaAxeMan

Send a message via MSN to AcadiaAxeMan Send a message via Yahoo to AcadiaAxeMan
Eller needs more time with quality players - HE (and US) will be rewarded!! Gomez needs time in Hamilton to "reflect" on why he's become the ineffective player at an NHL level he is now, positive room guy aside, he currently STINKS!!

AcadiaAxeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
there's a difference in recognizing success and recognizing success by the babyish ''told you so tankers'' approaches.

this board has issues in accepting that not all fans have the same opinions...

I'll put it to you in the simplistic terms that may be required for those that haven't caught-on;
  1. There is no ONE rule or approach on how to be a habs fan.
  2. We're all fans and we're all equal. Even though opinions vary.
  3. A fan that is ''less critical'' is no better than a fan that is ''very hard to please''

Some of you should should eat some soap ... because you act like children.
AMEN!

This is exactly the way I see it. It's actually quite comical watching those who think they're more "knowledgeable" than others act like they do instead of respecting everyone's opinions as different than theirs.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:07 AM
number72

I agree it is terrible to lose to a cellar dweller like the islander but that really shows just how much Price means to the team. Without him, we get more games like tonight.

This team is a 1 trick pony named Price.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
AMEN!

This is exactly the way I see it. It's actually quite comical watching those who think they're more "knowledgeable" than others act like they do instead of respecting everyone's opinions as different than theirs.
The fans that claim to be more knowledgeable are the ones thinking they live on a pedestal thinking management owe them close to perfection because they lived through the old ages.

''things aren't so bleak''. Blasphemy!

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:30 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I agree it is terrible to lose to a cellar dweller like the islander but that really shows just how much Price means to the team. Without him, we get more games like tonight.
Actually, I think it's more the case that a tired team playing on the road with (thanks TTG) its 2nd, 3rd, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 11th defensemen is going to have some trouble winning games.

Eventually the Habs are gonna catch clubs on the back end of back-to-backs too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
This team is a 1 trick pony named Price.
This reminds me of a fun calculation (from: http://www.lionsinwinter.ca/2011/11/...e-noticed.html )

"4. Carey Price's Win Threshold (0.902)

Remember the old days when people defending one goalie or another would invoke the win threshold -- the save percentage required to win games.

In the past, this was pulled out because sometimes the low scoring and free shot giving Canadiens would be asking a very high percentage of their goalies. I thought it was worth highlighting that the Canadiens now seem to have got this area of their game in order. The average win threshold has been 0.902, which means plenty of games where Carey only needed to post 0.900 to win (He's 2-2-1 in those)."

This is simply no longer a goalie-centric team...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote