HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers vs Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 04:35 AM
Cowboy

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Cowboy Send a message via Yahoo to Cowboy
Flyers vs Panthers

Who is starting in goal tonight?

Old
10-29-2003, 04:37 AM
Dr Love

Good question. I would say Esche since he's coming off a shutout.

Old
10-29-2003, 04:45 AM
Teezax

"Hitchcock said that Robert Esche will start in goal on Wednesday against Florida. He is undecided about who will play in New Jersey on Thursday night, but was leaning towards Jeff Hackett. … Chris Therien, who played in his second game of the season against Montreal and first since being recalled from a stint with the Phantoms over the weekend, will play again on Wednesday. Rookie defenseman Jim Vandermeer, a healthy scratch on Monday, will remain out of the lineup."

courtesy www.philadelphiaflyers.com

Old
10-29-2003, 01:22 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
"Hitchcock said that Robert Esche will start in goal on Wednesday against Florida. He is undecided about who will play in New Jersey on Thursday night, but was leaning towards Jeff Hackett. … Chris Therien, who played in his second game of the season against Montreal and first since being recalled from a stint with the Phantoms over the weekend, will play again on Wednesday. Rookie defenseman Jim Vandermeer, a healthy scratch on Monday, will remain out of the lineup."

courtesy www.philadelphiaflyers.com
Vandermeer out again?????:

Old
10-29-2003, 07:25 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
hate to say i told you so, but i told you so in a earlier thread. Panthers get there tails kicked and they goon it up. I have no respect for that team. they suck and i hope they miss the playoffs. again.

Old
10-30-2003, 03:17 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
hate to say i told you so, but i told you so in a earlier thread. Panthers get there tails kicked and they goon it up. I have no respect for that team. they suck and i hope they miss the playoffs. again.
Totally agree with you. I thought they would cool their heels a bit without Worrell, but it was back to the usual crap from this team. Totally characteristic of Mike Keenan.

BTW Pitkanen V Jokinen was the undercard this game (Steve Coates:"They fight to the finish"). Pitkanen definately singled him out for attention during a couple of the scrums. You look at these two big young finns and I cant help but see a long rivalry blossoming right under our noses.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I agree completely. Classless acts at the end of the game, and not much of a surprise. Wow, Keenan pulls his good goalie after 5 shots (and 2 goals), puts in his crappy backup goalie, and then lets his team try to goon it up when the game gets out of reach. Maybe next time Florida will learn to suck it up and play as hard as they fight the whole game? Nah, they'd just give up more PPs that way. :p

Old
10-30-2003, 09:41 AM
paxtang

when did flyers fans turn anti fighting.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:21 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxtang
when did flyers fans turn anti fighting.
There's a difference between fighting and "turning into a bunch of classless losers because you couldn't stay with your opponent". I love the fighting...hell, my favorite all-time player is Rick Tocchet, and no one will ever accuse him of being afraid to drop the gloves. But the BS the Panthers pulled wasn't some sort of honorable response. It was stupid. It's one thing for Brashear or Fedoruk to tangle with some dude early on and get the team going, or retaliate for someone taking a run at a player on their team. It's another thing to try and start something just because you're losing bad and are embarassed. That's crossing a line, in my book, between "emotional/fired up/passionate about the game" to "classless, no-talent goonism". Sorry, I don't respect the second thing, but I do respect the first.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:40 AM
paxtang

So Rick Tocchet is your favorite player. Wasn't he involved in a line brawl agains the Pens when they were losing? I'm sorry, but if the flyers were getting embarressed by the panthers, i expect them to try to shake stuff up too. It's not like Hordi started wailing on someone, I really don't see this "gooning" that went on. Roenick started stuff with against the panthers, and fridge did the same. At least the Panthers showed heart. I woudl much rather see a team go down like that instead of acting like the Habs and just flat out give up. These sort of things carry over to the next game, and I think the Panthers woudl be better off after this game then that Habs were after their game versus us.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:12 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
So Rick Tocchet is your favorite player. Wasn't he involved in a line brawl agains the Pens when they were losing? I'm sorry, but if the flyers were getting embarressed by the panthers, i expect them to try to shake stuff up too. It's not like Hordi started wailing on someone, I really don't see this "gooning" that went on. Roenick started stuff with against the panthers, and fridge did the same. At least the Panthers showed heart. I woudl much rather see a team go down like that instead of acting like the Habs and just flat out give up. These sort of things carry over to the next game, and I think the Panthers woudl be better off after this game then that Habs were after their game versus us.
its not just the fighting in gooing it up, im talking about the cheap elbows, the stick work ect. this is the Keenan way thou, and its just not Flyer fans that say this, take a poll of who is the dirtiest team in the league when that team is getting there butts kicked and i think Florida comes out on top.
but i said it once and ill say it again. i have no use for the Panthers, nor i respect them.

Old
10-31-2003, 05:15 AM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Showing heart means going to the net, battling in the corners, blocking shots, etc. Trying to cheapshot and injure the other teams top line because you are losing shows the opposite of heart. Actually, JR showed some when he went after Lilja after that dirty hit. He was badly out matched, but stuck up for himself and his team. Your team did give up, BTW. They clearly didn't think they could win by the third, and didn't care about taking penalties because they knew they were going to lose anyway.

BTW, is it me, or have the Flyers beeen seeing a bunch of rough games lately? Panthers, Devils, Coyotes, all clearly had the idea that they could rough us up to take us off our game. Even Carolina was taking liberties.

Old
10-31-2003, 05:17 AM
paxtang

I'm not a Panthers fan, I'm a Flyers fan.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:42 AM
kingjdv

Send a message via AIM to kingjdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
BTW, is it me, or have the Flyers beeen seeing a bunch of rough games lately? Panthers, Devils, Coyotes, all clearly had the idea that they could rough us up to take us off our game. Even Carolina was taking liberties.
Thats because no one fears this team at all (except for Brashear) and since the Flyers usually just take it (Gagne!!!) they will continue to get railroaded.

Someone should tell Hitchcock that it takes more than a tough talking commercial to make a team feared. It takes attitude, and this team doesn't have one.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:49 AM
paxtang

This team does have one, Hitch just has a leash on it. And the fans have seemingly bought into this style of play now. I don't see how letting the team play with an edge would compromise the system that much. Seriously, Hitch coming in brought down fighting majors by nearly half, and yet they put out those pathetic commericials pretending like we are goign to intimidate people.

Closed Thread