HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Lob sided reffing????

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Philly Flyer Fan*

vCash: 500
Lob sided reffing????

Is it me? Having watched 99% of all Flyers games this season, I have seen many weak questionable calls on us (tonights game...the Hatcher hooking call to go 2 down) and so many blown calls on the other side (the non call on the "******" of Gagne with under a minute to go.

Oh.....how about the hit from Brash on Modry? I'm watching these games on a big screen t.v. and my eye sight is 20/20. I think Davorski and that other clown should be sat down and talked to.

This was the same crap as the Pens game a couple of nights ago. Are the refs are out to screrw us or what? This is getting out of hand!!!

I'm getting sick of this crap!!!

W-T-F is this?

Let me know what you think fellow Flyer fanatics.

Last edited by Philly Flyer Fan: 11-18-2005 at 09:05 PM.
Old
11-18-2005, 09:06 PM
flyguy178

what is "Lob sided"

Old
11-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Philly Flyer Fan*

Lob sided

Dictionary - (LOb Sided) when a ref has his his head so far up his wazoo, he has no clue as to what time it is!!

Example - tonights OBVIOUS missed calls. Gagne was basically ***** with under a minute to go!!!!

Old
11-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Steve L*

I think he means lop sided but hes right. Its 315am and a college hockey has just come on and its reffed so much better than the NHL, its unreal.

Old
11-18-2005, 09:17 PM
stanley

It's simply the inconsistent manner in which the game was called at times. Hatcher said it accurately in post-game comments when he suggested that nobody has a problem with frequent calls when they're enforced consistently. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that wasn't the case late in this game. The Flyers made some poor plays (Johnsson simply let Stefan do whatever he wanted on that tying goal), but the Thrashers shouldn't have been permitted to be in that position.

That non-call on Kovulchuk when he tripped Gagne was simply the straw that broke the camel's back in this forum. The Thrasher fans should just stay in their own little board tonight.

Old
11-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Philly Flyer Fan*

whatever!

lop/lob sided. either way.......the refs are a joke!!!!!!

Old
11-18-2005, 09:31 PM
MassiveHabs

Send a message via AIM to MassiveHabs
yup it was Lop sided, but its happenin a bunch...there has been a lot o stupid calls in the nhl, but they seem to just happen

Old
11-18-2005, 09:50 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
I've had a chance to calm down and think about tonight's game and I'm more pissed about our team than anything else. First off, Umberger was awarded a penalty shot against an AHL level goalie; He was given a hell of a chance to pull the Flyers ahead. If that's not bad enough the Flyers were given a four minute power play with eight minutes left and were content not doing anything with the puck. They sat on the lead and got burned by it and that sucks. We can ***** about the reffing as much as anyone but it coesn't change the fact that Thrice now the Flyers have been burned by special teams and inconsistent play. 60 MINUTES! EVERYONE! Why is that so freaking hard to understand?! It even makes sense coming out of Joni's mouth and he barely even speaks English!!!

Old
11-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I've had a chance to calm down and think about tonight's game and I'm more pissed about our team than anything else. First off, Umberger was awarded a penalty shot against an AHL level goalie; He was given a hell of a chance to pull the Flyers ahead. If that's not bad enough the Flyers were given a four minute power play with eight minutes left and were content not doing anything with the puck. They sat on the lead and got burned by it and that sucks. We can ***** about the reffing as much as anyone but it coesn't change the fact that Thrice now the Flyers have been burned by special teams and inconsistent play. 60 MINUTES! EVERYONE! Why is that so freaking hard to understand?! It even makes sense coming out of Joni's mouth and he barely even speaks English!!!
It doesn't have to be sixty minutes. They just have to win. And they were about to do just that when the refs stepped in. Gagne was going to seal the deal and the refs blew it with the non-call. This time, it really can be blamed on officiating. This game was over, everyone knew it. Yes, there were lots of mistakes in this game and others, but the fact remains that the Flyers did just enough to win this game but it was stolen from them by someone wearing a zebra costume and pretending he works for this league I used to love.

Old
11-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Dr Love

I don't think it's lop-sided, I think it's just bad calls on both sides and the Flyers having breakdowns at the worst times.

That said, the non-call on Fleury was completely absurd, and the non-call on the Gagne trip was inexcusable. Maybe they still lose both games, and if they do, fine; but damnit, call those penalties.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:16 PM
hockeyphan25

I actually cheered when Atlanta scored the tying goal tonight because I wanted that non call against Gagne to count. Hopefully they will look into the officiating in this game. However if there was any hope, they would have realized after 500 games this season that even the "good" refs just can't call this game. Each team should get 6 challenges per game or 2 per period to challenge a call or a non call. When watching instant replay, we can clearly see in many plays that the call was wrong. This may slow the game a little bit but not much. The games are ending too quick in my opinion anyway. Note: the Flyers would have run out of challenges in the first period of this game. Maybe we can have unlimited challenges when those refs are calling the game. This seems very simple to implement, I don't see why they don't do it.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:21 PM
hockeyphan25

I just read the game recap on yahoo sports and there isn't one thing mentioned about the officiating. What a disgrace.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Philly Flyer Fan*

not likely

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25
I actually cheered when Atlanta scored the tying goal tonight because I wanted that non call against Gagne to count. Hopefully they will look into the officiating in this game. However if there was any hope, they would have realized after 500 games this season that even the "good" refs just can't call this game. Each team should get 6 challenges per game or 2 per period to challenge a call or a non call. When watching instant replay, we can clearly see in many plays that the call was wrong. This may slow the game a little bit but not much. The games are ending too quick in my opinion anyway. Note: the Flyers would have run out of challenges in the first period of this game. Maybe we can have unlimited challenges when those refs are calling the game. This seems very simple to implement, I don't see why they don't do it.

It'll never work in hockey. The reason it works in Football is that is a stop in play every 15 seconds. What do you do when there is a "non call" that is followed by let's say 5 minutes of continious play? It would pose a huge problem.

My solution.......if the league can fine a player for diving (making a joke of the game) then refs should held accountable as well. Hence.........Davorski should fined $1,000,000 for his shananigans!!! I'd go easy on Lee.......for him maybe $500,000. That would be there warnings of course!

Old
11-18-2005, 10:28 PM
Avery4Byng*

maybe part of the "new nhl" is some odd calls late in a game to give a team the chance to tie it up and make things "more exciting" since that what everyone is apparently geared towards.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertDionneWasBad
I look forward to the not-so-lovely city of Pittsburgh being accidentally carpet bombed.
That's kind of overboard don't you think? Let the kid enjoy his team because it'll only be a couple more years before the Penguins relocate and become the Omaha Penguins.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:42 PM
jacK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertDionneWasBad
I look forward to the not-so-lovely city of Pittsburgh being accidentally carpet bombed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan
I agree.....the only thing going for the city of Pitt(as in armpit)sburgh.....is the STEELERS!

Because all I know is.......THE PENGUINS SUCK!!!!
these discussions could actually have content to them if it weren't for posts like these. not even a regular on this board and i know these comments are garbage. add some substance to the discussion or don't add anything. flame wars make for quick deaths to topics...

Old
11-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Philly Flyer Fan*

Winnipeg

They'll be in the Peg long before Omaha. Nice try though

Old
11-18-2005, 10:45 PM
hockeyphan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan
What do you do when there is a "non call" that is followed by let's say 5 minutes of continious play? It would pose a huge problem.
When there is a bad call, the play has already stopped. If there is a non call the team that wants to challenge should be able to call a time out for the challenge once they have possession out of their zone. They should have a couple people upstairs to look at the replay and determine which way the call should go. Kind of like a goal review. The refs just don't have the ability to make these calls and fines aren't going to help enough. Did you see how mad Hitch was about dives after the Penguins game. Just imagine what he was thinking when he saw the replay of Hossa's worst acting ever skit. We could have let the players call their own penalties in this game and it would have been more fair.

Old
11-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Philly Flyer Fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacK
these discussions could actually have content to them if it weren't for posts like these. not even a regular on this board and i know these comments are garbage. add some substance to the discussion or don't add anything. flame wars make for quick deaths to topics...

We are Flyers fans! What do you expect.......us to be civil?

Old
11-19-2005, 06:13 AM
heywood*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyphan25
hopefully they also notice the non-call on interference when the flyer tackled the guy who was on the other side of the blue line from the puck, and the non-call on brashear's boarding right before his "breakaway"

Old
11-19-2005, 06:14 AM
heywood*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tray
maybe part of the "new nhl" is some odd calls late in a game to give a team the chance to tie it up and make things "more exciting" since that what everyone is apparently geared towards.
that's been a part of the NHL for a long time.

Old
11-19-2005, 06:31 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
no more pissing matches

Closed Thread