HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Scott Gomez Thread

View Poll Results: Whens Gomez gonna score his first goal?
next game back 5 5.21%
December 15 15.63%
January 12 12.50%
February 9 9.38%
when he gets sent to the minors or traded 34 35.42%
never 21 21.88%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 11:54 PM
  #76
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Edit: I thought you're only good at making ridiculous thread, I see your posts ain't better.



Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:56 PM
  #77
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
do yourself a favor .

Lets try to forget Darche in the deciding game of playoffs on the ice with Gomez with less than 2 mins to go .



Go and add up how many minutes Gomez has played with Darche since Gomez has came to Montreal.



Let me know .
Since thats your only argument. How bout you go do that.

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:58 PM
  #78
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
Since thats your only argument. How bout you go do that.
Hey your the one blasting me as a moron .

As i said , take the time and let me know ,show me i'm wrong.

I think you'll find what your saying is not on the button .

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:00 AM
  #79
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
do yourself a favor .

Lets try to forget Darche in the deciding game of playoffs on the ice with Gomez with less than 2 mins to go .



Go and add up how many minutes Gomez has played with Darche since Gomez has came to Montreal.



Let me know .
I don't have time to do that stupid **** because its ****ing irrelevant.

He played much more games with Moen than Darche btw.

He started the season with Pacioretty and Gionta for the first 3 games and then JM decided that it was a waste of talent putting MaxPac with Gomer and sent MP down with DD, replacing him with Moen.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
  #80
number72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,889
vCash: 500
Lay off the guy Gomez will turn it around. I already noticed his game is improving but his linemates are not really suited for his style of play.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
  #81
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Hey your the one blasting me as a moron .

As i said , take the time and let me know ,show me i'm wrong.

I think you'll find what your saying is not on the button .
How about u show us you are right as you keep blaming Darche with no proof.

Considering Gomez plays 7 minutes more a game than Darche, that automatically means at most he could only play 60 percent with Darche if Darche played every single second with Gomez. Now we know thats not true, not even close. Darche also played 21 less games than Gomez last year. So thats at least 18 minutes times 21 games that Darche didnt play with Gomez.

Those two factors alone makes it hard for Gomez to mainly be playing with Darche. We also know that Paciorettys stretch last year was mainly with Gomez and Gionta, which was what almost 30 odd games togther. Frankly that was the only time Gomez looked relatively decent as he leached of Maxpac

Kirk Muller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
  #82
Bloumeister
RIP Jean Béliveau
 
Bloumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: @Bloumeister
Posts: 6,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
How about u show us you are right as you keep blaming Darche with no proof.

Considering Gomez plays 7 minutes more a game than Darche, that automatically means at most he could only play 60 percent with Darche if Darche played every single second with Gomez. Now we know thats not true, not even close. Darche also played 21 less games than Gomez last year. So thats at least 18 minutes times 21 games that Darche didnt play with Gomez.

Those two factors alone makes it hard for Gomez to mainly be playing with Darche. We also know that Paciorettys stretch last year was mainly with Gomez and Gionta, which was what almost 30 odd games togther. Frankly that was the only time Gomez looked relatively decent as he leached of Maxpac
You're working too hard on this one, Kirk. HFBoard unwritten rule #134,627:

Burden of proof falls on rookie user.

Besides, you're making too much sense. One shouldn't let facts get in the way of arguments. Just throw it all to the wall and see what sticks...


Bloumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:24 AM
  #83
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I don't have time to do that stupid **** because its ****ing irrelevant.

He played much more games with Moen than Darche btw.

He started the season with Pacioretty and Gionta for the first 3 games and then JM decided that it was a waste of talent putting MaxPac with Gomer and sent MP down with DD, replacing him with Moen.
Well you got no time ?I say prove me wrong, the onus is on you .


Habs vs Flyers final game in 2010 playoffs.Habs down 3-2 in series and 3-2 in game in 3rd period.

Gomez shift times and Darche's in 3rd period
Do they match? .
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/TV030315.HTM



Go back on every game in the last few years ,and add it up.
Gomez has played a alot of mins with big D over the past few years.

As i said earlier , i ain't bashing Darche,he's a ok 4th liner.
I ain't trying to protect Gomez, it's just how it's been over the years.

I blame the man putting lines together.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:31 AM
  #84
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Well you got no time ?I say prove me wrong, the onus is on you .


Habs vs Flyers final game in 2010 playoffs.Habs down 3-2 in series and 3-2 in game in 3rd period.

Gomez shift times and Darche's in 3rd period
Do they match? .
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...0/TV030315.HTM



Go back on every game in the last few years ,and add it up.
Gomez has played a alot of mins with big D over the past few years.

As i said earlier , i ain't bashing Darche,he's a ok 4th liner.
I ain't trying to protect Gomez, it's just how it's been over the years.

I blame the man putting lines together.
Really... I mean really? Are you really using ONE FREAKING game to prove your point?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
  #85
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Really... I mean really? Are you really using ONE FREAKING game to prove your point?
Reminds me of how shallow the club was just 2 years ago. Darche played with Gomez simply because he really was one of the team's better offensive forwards.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:38 AM
  #86
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
When in doubt, blame Darche.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:39 AM
  #87
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
When in doubt, blame Darche.
Or Martin!

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
  #88
Adam91
Registered User
 
Adam91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
Lay off the guy Gomez will turn it around. I already noticed his game is improving but his linemates are not really suited for his style of play.
Your right they should try him with a shooter like Gionta, Cammy or Maxpac....oh wait.


I think he'd look a lot better between Phil Desimone and Alex Avtisin.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:52 AM
  #89
Miller Time
Registered User
 
Miller Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Your right they should try him with a shooter like Gionta, Cammy or Maxpac....oh wait.


I think he'd look a lot better between Phil Desimone and Alex Avtisin.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:40 AM
  #90
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Really... I mean really? Are you really using ONE FREAKING game to prove your point?
Ok .
Here is the shift charts for 80 out of 82 reg season Hab games 2010 -2011 season.
I took the time to give you them,now i want you to take the time to add it up , least you can do.

How many minutes Darche play with Gomez?



Oct 2010


Game 1
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020001.HTM

Game 2

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020016.HTM

Game 3
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020038.HTM

Game 4
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020052.HTM

Game 5
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020055.HTM

Game 6
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020086.HTM

Game 7
http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?...id=sb:boxscore

Game 8
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020115.HTM

Game 9
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020125.HTM

Game 10
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020137.HTM

Game 11
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020144.HTM


-----------------------------------------------------
Nov 2010


Game 12
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020161.HTM

Game 13
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020161.HTM

Game 14
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020190.HTM

Game 15
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020206.HTM

Games 16
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020217.HTM

Game 17
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020236.HTM

Game 18
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020255.HTM

Game 19
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020272.HTM

Game 20
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020285.HTM

Game 21
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020301.HTM

Game 22
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020311.HTM

Game 23
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020336.HTM


-------------------------------------

December 2010


Game 24
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020358.HTM

Game 25
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020367.HTM

Game 26
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020380.HTM

Game 27
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020402.HTM

Game 28
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020419.HTM

Game 29
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020427.HTM

Game 30
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020454.HTM

Game 31
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020463.HTM

Game 32
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020487.HTM

Game 33
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020499.HTM

Game 34
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020511.HTM

Game 35
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020521.HTM

Game 36
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020538.HTM

Game 37
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020553.HTM

Game 38
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020558.HTM



Game 39
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020573.HTM

Game 40
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020600.HTM

Game 41
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020614.HTM

Game 42
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020635.HTM

Game 43
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020642.HTM

Game 44
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020662.HTM

Game 45
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020680.HTM

Game 46
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020683.HTM

Game 47
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020709.HTM

Game 48
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020716.HTM

Game 49
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020735.HTM

Game 50
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020754.HTM

Game 51
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020766.HTM

Game 52
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020783.HTM

Game 53
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020794.HTM

Game 54
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020808.HTM

Game 55
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020819.HTM

Game 56
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020831.HTM


Game 57
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020849.HTM

Game 58
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020867.HTM

Game 59
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020890.HTM



Game 60
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020911.HTM

Game 61
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020928.HTM

Game 62
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020945.HTM

Game 63
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020963.HTM

Game 64
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV020979.HTM

Game 65
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020996.HTM

Game 66
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH020996.HTM

Game 67
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021023.HTM

Game 68
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH021045.HTM

Game 69
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH021057.HTM

Game 70
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021067.HTM

Game 71
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021083.HTM

Game 72
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH021092.HTM

Game 73
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021102.HTM

Game 74
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH021119.HTM


Game 75
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH021139.HTM

Game 76
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021147.HTM

Game 77
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021169.HTM

Game 78
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TH021187.HTM

Game 79
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021202.HTM

Game 80
http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/TV021217.HTM

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:58 AM
  #92
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Its not because you give me a bunch of links means that you're right.

I've checked about 5 and no, Gomez doesn't play with Darche all that much, actually in the 5 I've checked, they are never on the ice the same time. I know they played together for some games late last season but its FAR from enough to use that argument to defend Gomez lacks of productivity.

Instead of checking if they are on the ice the same time with your links, I rather check these:

Scott Gomez game log in 10-11:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

Mathieu Darche game log in 10-11
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

The TOI doesn't match at all. Gomez averages around 18-19min a game while Darche is around 11-12min.

Like its been said several of time, Gomez plays on the PP and around 14 min at even strength EVERY GAMES, he has all the chances in the world to produce and he DID NOT. Its not because of Darche or Moen. DD has done much better than Gomez in the same situation.

Edit: Also, yes Gomez did play with Darche. He also had Cammy, MaxPacioretty, Gionta, Kostitsyn, Moen.. They all played with Gomez and as you can see, not many had success with him except MaxPac but he does well with Plekanec and DD as well. So saying its because of Darche that Gomez can't produce is simply not true. All the wingers I named up there plays better with Plekanec, DD or Eller but struggles with Gomez.


Last edited by Stradale: 11-18-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:07 AM
  #93
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its not because you give me a bunch of links means that you're right.

I've checked about 5 and no, Gomez doesn't play with Darche all that much, actually in the 5 I've checked, they are never on the ice the same time. I know they played together for some games late last season but its FAR from enough to use that argument to defend Gomez lacks of productivity.

Instead of checking if they are on the ice the same time with your links, I rather check these:

Scott Gomez game log in 10-11:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

Mathieu Darche game log in 10-11
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

The TOI doesn't match at all. Gomez averages around 18-19min a game while Darche is around 11-12min.

Like its been said several of time, Gomez plays on the PP and around 14 min at even strength EVERY GAMES, he has all the chances in the world to produce and he DID NOT. Its not because of Darche or Moen. DD has done much better than Gomez in the same situation.
I give you one you complain not enough, I give you 87 and you check only 5 and draw a conclusion?No that don't work .

Lazy.

Go to the 7playoffs ones and start counting up from there.
Check game 7 vs Bruins for example, notice what i'm saying to you .


If you took the time to add them up all up ,you see i'm right.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:11 AM
  #94
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
I give you one you complain not enough, I give you 87 and you check only 5 and draw a conclusion?No that don't work .

Lazy.

Go to the 7playoffs ones , check game 7 vs Bruins for example, notice what i'm saying to you .


If you took the time to add them up all up ,you see i'm right.
Right about what? That Gomez play with Darche for 10-15 games?

You say that the reason Gomez can't produce is because he plays with Darche, compared to the Jagr, Elias etc.. but in reality, he played with Darche for about 10-15.. maybe 20 in a 90 games season. You think that's a fair number to draw to the conclusion that the reason Gomez can't produce is because he played 15-20 games out of 90 with Darche?

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:17 AM
  #95
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Its not because you give me a bunch of links means that you're right.

I've checked about 5 and no, Gomez doesn't play with Darche all that much, actually in the 5 I've checked, they are never on the ice the same time. I know they played together for some games late last season but its FAR from enough to use that argument to defend Gomez lacks of productivity.

Instead of checking if they are on the ice the same time with your links, I rather check these:

Scott Gomez game log in 10-11:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

Mathieu Darche game log in 10-11
http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...eason=20102011

The TOI doesn't match at all. Gomez averages around 18-19min a game while Darche is around 11-12min.

Like its been said several of time, Gomez plays on the PP and around 14 min at even strength EVERY GAMES, he has all the chances in the world to produce and he DID NOT. Its not because of Darche or Moen. DD has done much better than Gomez in the same situation.

Edit: Also, yes Gomez did play with Darche. He also had Cammy, MaxPacioretty, Gionta, Kostitsyn, Moen.. They all played with Gomez and as you can see, not many had success with him except MaxPac but he does well with Plekanec and DD as well. So saying its because of Darche that Gomez can't produce is simply not true. All the wingers I named up there plays better with Plekanec, DD or Eller but struggles with Gomez.

I think it would be interesting to compare players performances with Plekanec and Gomez. Pleks is not considered a "pure" playmaker by any means, but he's still good at it and is constantly leading the team in assists for a reason. Both Gomez and Pleks have had enough time with virtually every winger on this team to give us a large enough sample size to figure out who plays better with who.

I don't have the time to check the stats and I'm not a skilled number cruncher to begin with, but I can distinctly recall virtually every winger on this team having at least one hot streak playing alongside Pleks, even grinders. Maybe not Pyatt but Darche certainly played next to Pleks and both of them were able to perform.

And yet the only players that seem to have any chemistry with Gomez are Patches and Gionta. Remember the disaster that was Kostitsyn playing with Gomez? Compare that to how AK plays with Pleks and Eller, the difference is huge.

There comes a point in time when you just have to accept how obvious it is, that Gomez is a one dimensional player offensively who doesn't fit on this team anymore.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:28 AM
  #96
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
I've been saying this for a long time. Gomez is not an offensive threat anymore despite his ability of gaining the offensive zone. His predictable play, weak shot and refusing to crash the net has made him an easy player to play against.

I sincerely thought he would turn things around after his horrible season, I predicted him to bounce back with a 60 pts season. I even took him in my fantasy team but looks like he's done to me.

With the same quality wingers, DD is much more dangerous and productive than Gomez. Same can probably be said for Eller but he has yet got the chance to play with two quality wingers. I don't even want Gomez on the center of the third line because I don't want him to take the spot of Eller and affect his development. So either Gomez plays as our 4th center or on the winger somewhere.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:33 AM
  #97
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Right about what? That Gomez play with Darche for 10-15 games?

You say that the reason Gomez can't produce is because he plays with Darche, compared to the Jagr, Elias etc.. but in reality, he played with Darche for about 10-15.. maybe 20 in a 90 games season. You think that's a fair number to draw to the conclusion that the reason Gomez can't produce is because he played 15-20 games out of 90 with Darche?
Stradale, I'm sorry.

Your just taking wild guesses now , i mean there's no way
Darche should play 5 minutes (unless it's an emergency)with Gomez let alone 20 games
like you say.Or with Gomez on Power play etc...


All i know is what the stat line charts say.

Why is it Gomez is on the ice with Darche vs Flyers in Playoffs with under 2 mins to go
and you need a goal do or die to stay alive in series??



Why is it Gomez is on the ice in GAME 7 vs Boston with Darche late in the 3rd period with game on line , and again in the overtime period???


There is no explainable reason on the face of earth WHY.
Gomez doesn't belong playing with 4th liners in the playoffs ok ,especially in do or die situations.

And he doesn't deserve to play with them during the regular season either, as he has since he has come to Montreal.At this point it might be a little late to try to get it back on track(Psychological damage done).


Why is it Darche is the best player Montreal can find to put beside Gomez in playoffs?
Can anyone answer me that question?

We got a 62 million dollar pay roll.
Is there no one else in NHL available?or do the Habs really feel Darche is Gomez hockey soul mate?


The Habs set themselves up to fail with Gomez ,playing him with Darche, Poulliot, Moen etc and now Palushaj etc.... no man sorry.

I see why they did it,trying to give the Gomez line size, but those players don't got the hands or ability to get open or breakaway,like a Jagr, Straka, Elais.

Sorry,you got to put the right jockey's with the horse,which habs haven't done .


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-18-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:34 AM
  #98
Et le But
Moderator
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,012
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I've been saying this for a long time. Gomez is not an offensive threat anymore despite his ability of gaining the offensive zone. His predictable play, weak shot and refusing to crash the net has made him an easy player to play against.

I sincerely thought he would turn things around after his horrible season, I predicted him to bounce back with a 60 pts season. I even took him in my fantasy team but looks like he's done to me.

With the same quality wingers, DD is much more dangerous and productive than Gomez. Same can probably be said for Eller but he has yet got the chance to play with two quality wingers. I don't even want Gomez on the center of the third line because I don't want him to take the spot of Eller and affect his development. So either Gomez plays as our 4th center or on the winger somewhere.
The sad thing is I'd probably take Noke over Gomez as a 4th center. Gomez is obviously the better offensive talent in that regard but I have enough confidence in Eller and Desharnais offensively that there's no point there - Nokelanian is better at faceoffs, is more physical, and is more useful on the penalty kill. He's been a great acquisition, maybe not as fundamentally sound as a Halpern, but he brings it every shift and is tricky to play against. He even brings a little of that mythical toughness, while Gomez is probably the overall softest forward on the team except for maybe Cammalleri.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:37 AM
  #99
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,205
vCash: 500
Gomez has forty points in ninety games and counting and is a combined minus nineteen. That is absolutely disgusting for a player making seven million a season. Frankly, his claims about being embarrassed last season increasingly look to be a ruse and he is content collecting a paycheck. There is no effort or stride to his game, just mediocre to lackadaisical plays, even his passing has noticeably deteriorated. He has fallen so low nowadays, teams completely ignore and basically give him shooting chances, knowing full well it will amount to nothing.

Unless he goes on a miraculous tear in the next twenty games, he needs to be dealt with next season, either by way of trade or demotion to the AHL. Who knows, maybe that would be a wake up call. I would say buy out however the cap hit for the first two seasons is rather pricey. Gomez has no business in the NHL at this point. He is woefully inept as a top six forward, not physical in any capacity and barely adequate on an energy line. Somehow, he has literally managed to become that irrelevant.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:59 AM
  #100
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Stradale, I'm sorry.

Your just taking wild guesses now , i mean there's now way
Darche should play 5 minutes (unless of emergency)with Gomez let alone 20 games
like you say.Or with Gomez on Power play etc...


All i know is what the stat line charts say.

Why is it Gomez is on the ice with Darche vs Flyers in Playoffs with under 2 mins to go and you need a goal do or die to stay alive in series??

then

Why is it Gomez is on the ice in GAME 7 vs Boston with Darche late in period 3 with game on line , and again in the overtime period???


There is no explainable reason on the face of earth WHY.
Gomez doesn't belong playing with 4th liners in the playoffs ok ,especially in do or die situations.

And he doesn't deserve to play with them during the regular season, as he has since he has come to Montreal.At this point it might be a little late to try to get him back it back on track.


Why is it Darche is the best player Montreal can find to put beside Gomez in playoffs?
Can anyone answer me that question?

We got a 62 million dollar pay roll.
Is there no one else in NHL available?or do the Habs really feel Darche is Gomez hockey soul mate?


The Habs set themselves up to fail with Gomez ,playing him with Darche, Poulliot, Moen etc and now Palushaj etc.... no man sorry.

I see why they did it,trying to give the line size, but those players don't got the hands or ability to get open or breakaway,like a Jagr, Straka, Elais.

Sorry.
Sorry but I'm lost. I'm not sure what your point is anymore.

Are you questioning why Gomez has to play with Darche in those crucial moment? Yes I agree that Darche is being way overused by Martin in those critical situation.

But if you say Gomez mediocre season is because of Darche that I don't agree at all. He played with almost all other wingers as much or more than Darche and none of them is particularly good with Gomez. Perfect example is AK. He played around 15 games with Gomez last season, he had like 1 assist. But with Plekanec, Eller and Halpern, AK has 44 pts in 66 games.

And do you know why Gomez has to play with those "scraps", its because he simply can't produce when giving the quality wingers. He already had the top 6 ice time and PP despite playing like ****. JM is starting to see that DD is much more productive than Gomez as a 2nd line player.

Also, the reason why Darche played on Gomez's wing in the last playoffs against the Bruins is because we didn't have any good wingers left and Darche you know, is Martin's favorite. We didn't have MaxPac or Cole back then. So it was either Darche or Moen.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.