HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #19 Kings @ Ducks, 11/17/11 - POST GAME WIN!, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS {Déjà vu!}

Old
11-18-2011, 12:13 AM
KingLB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Where does what come from?

The guy clearly favors veteran players over younger players. How else can you explain how much icetime guys like Moreau and Stoll get, especially on the PP. Loktionov should clearly be on the PP over both guys.
What coach doesn't though? And as for Loki on the PP, isn't he redundant with JW/Gagne out there?

Also contrary to many on this board, outside his goal, I thought VV had a much better game last nite.

KingLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
As for Lokti, I rather have him at center.
But I still take him over Parse. Over Stoll as well. Wing or otherwise.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:15 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
JJ a -2 on the night
DD with a +1
How can that be, weren't they paired together all night?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
It's not a veteran thing but a size thing as far as Moreau's concerned.
A size thing? Then why not just dress Westgarth and put him out there. Or put Clifford out there.

Ethan Moreau has 0 goals in his past 58 games...please read that again ZERO goals in 58 games. How is this guy sniffing any PP time, it's ridiculous.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The win gives the Kings a seven point cushion on the Ducks in the standings.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Cruel11

So we are 2-0 with Voynov.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
damacles1156

Loki pretty much didn't do anything to deserve any power play time. Plus he is not needed with Gagne/Richards/JW out there Running them.

Also Terry Murray does not send down or call up players. DEAN LOMBARDI DOES THAT...

I am sure he has input, But HE DOES NOT MAKE THAT CALL.

So stop with that BS..

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
What coach doesn't though? And as for Loki on the PP, isn't he redundant with JW/Gagne out there?

Also contrary to many on this board, outside his goal, I thought VV had a much better game last nite.
Take Stoll off the point on PP, the guy is the most clueless player in the league, you need game sense to QB a PP. Put Williams back on the point like he was a couple of years ago and let Loktionov play up front with Gagne and put Stoll in front of the net. That would be poetic.

There is simply nothing anyone can say to justify having a guy with zero goals in 58 games to be on the PP.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:19 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
JJ a -2 on the night
DD with a +1
JMFJ - The M stand for Minus! Unbelievable how this happens and his partner gets a +.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:19 AM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
So we are 2-0 with Voynov.
Isn't it 6-0?

I think Quick's 3 game shutout streak came with VV on the roster, and the other game was VV's 2 goal game vs Dallas

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
A size thing? Then why not just dress Westgarth and put him out there. Or put Clifford out there.

Ethan Moreau has 0 goals in his past 58 games...please read that again ZERO goals in 58 games. How is this guy sniffing any PP time, it's ridiculous.
Moreau has more skills and experience than both Clifford and Westy.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:20 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

You know, I'm all for developing players the right way, but there comes a point when one player (Voynov) is so much better than another (Drewiske), that you just can't send the former down. He's too good. Voynov has stayed loyal and has done everything the Kings have asked him, and he's making an impact NOW. How can you send a guy like that down over Drewiske? He's too good.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:21 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Take Stoll off the point on PP, the guy is the most clueless player in the league, you need game sense to QB a PP. Put Williams back on the point like he was a couple of years ago and let Loktionov play up front with Gagne and put Stoll in front of the net. That would be poetic.

There is simply nothing anyone can say to justify having a guy with zero goals in 58 games to be on the PP.
He played a good game, and the coach rewarded him with some PP time.

Old
The Black1963
Grit & Character

I think we're 5-1 with Voynov.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cruel11

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
Isn't it 6-0?

I think Quick's 3 game shutout streak came with VV on the roster, and the other game was VV's 2 goal game vs Dallas
I didn't count the other games. I'm not sure.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Hmmmm odd I got this feeling of Déjà vu! ... like didn't we just beat these guys LAST NIGHT ?

yeah I know lame joke ... but suck it DUCKIES !

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Vic Vinegar

In 2009-2010, we were 1st in the conference at 20 games, having played more than most of the other teams, IIRC. We didn't stay in 1st place for very long that time, and we won't this time either. We came in 6th place that year (3rd in the Pacific). That isn't good enough this year.

We've played at least 2 more games than every other Pacific division team except the Ducks. The good news is the Stars look like they're fading, and it's only a matter of time before the Coyotes do the same. But the Sharks are an elite team and will obviously keep winning; they will not hand over the Pacific Division title. I think the Kings can take the Sharks down, but in order to do it, they'll need to put forth a consistent effort such that tonight's game is the average performance.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:25 AM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
How can that be, weren't they paired together all night?
One was a shortie that Drew was on the ice for.

One Drew got off in a change and there was a turnover so Jack had to retreat instead of going off and he got hit with a minus that had nothing to do with him.

They both were on the ice for one goal that Drew got turned around like a top by Teemu.

One ES goal Drew just stepped on the ice but Jack couldn't get on because Scuderi was leading the rush.

Just another unfathomable minus day by Jack even though he was rock solid.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:25 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
You know, I'm all for developing players the right way, but there comes a point when one player (Voynov) is so much better than another (Drewiske), that you just can't send the former down. He's too good. Voynov has stayed loyal and has done everything the Kings have asked him, and he's making an impact NOW. How can you send a guy like that down over Drewiske? He's too good.
Davis is not waiver eligible. I am sure though that Dean Lombardi will find a way to get Slava more playing time.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
It's not over Drewiske. Drewiske is the #7 option for when the Kings make their move with regards to Martinez/Voynov. They shouldn't get rid of Drewiske, because they will trade one of those two guys and will need Drewiske to then be the injury replacement. This had to be the plan all along, they knew somebody would get injured, and they knew Voynov would come up and play a certain way (good or bad) that forced something to happen. And he played great.

If they waive Drewiske, then it's difficult to trade one of the young defensemen later. Then the Kings would have absolutely no depth in the press box to come in and play games if necessary.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:27 AM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:

I was saying the same exact thing last night regarding Hunter on the PP and got blasted on here.

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:31 AM
onlyalad

Quote:
You can't just send Drewiske down.That would equate to giving him to the Ducks for nothing. Voynov can go up and down with little risk. Also Drewiske's job is to sit in the booth and maybe play a game here and there if any of the dmen need a day off. Voynov can not play in place of Scuds, Greene or Mitchell. So Drewsike is better suited for this role. I am not saying he is a better player just a better choice for the role he is in.
Do you really want Voynov watching games from the rafters?

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Herby
Culture Changer

The time has come to trade Martinez.

It's unfortunate because I do like him as a player, but Slava just cannot be denied and the Kings desperately need to add a quality player for the 3rd line.

Having Voynov in Manchester and keeping AMart up here while the Kings 3rd line cannot score or stop anyone makes no sense.

AMart is a good young player, and he should be able to fetch the Kings exactly the type of guy they need, either a 3rd line C or 3rd line RW. Someone who can play in all situations, can chip in some offense and play against other teams good players.

Old
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It's not over Drewiske. Drewiske is the #7 option for when the Kings make their move with regards to Martinez/Voynov. They shouldn't get rid of Drewiske, because they will trade one of those two guys and will need Drewiske to then be the injury replacement. This had to be the plan all along, they knew somebody would get injured, and they knew Voynov would come up and play a certain way (good or bad) that forced something to happen. And he played great.

If they waive Drewiske, then it's difficult to trade one of the young defensemen later. Then the Kings would have absolutely no depth in the press box to come in and play games if necessary.
Who would be next on the depth chart as far as defensive d-men [should Drewiske get waived/traded] down in Manchester?

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
I was saying the same exact thing last night regarding Hunter on the PP and got blasted on here.
Yeah, it's mind-boggling to me that Murray actually views Hunter as a secondary scoring option. That's the only reason he's out there. Murray even said that. He has a heavy shot that's less accurate than Stoll's. He flat out sucks. He's a great healthy scratch, though.

TwoForRoughing is online now   Reply With Quote