HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gm #19 Kings @ Ducks, 11/17/11 - POST GAME WIN!, THOUGHTS & TIDBITS {Déjà vu!}

Old
11-18-2011, 12:32 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
I was saying the same exact thing last night regarding Hunter on the PP and got blasted on here.
It's not Hard to understand. They want a Big body in front of the Net. You don't want JW/Gagne/Richards/Kopi in front of the net.

So you are stuck with Brown/Hunter/Moreau. Untill the Kings get A MORE SKILLED BIG GUY (Penner back).

It is, what it is.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:33 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Lokti and Slava have got to stay...Waive Parse (who will likely clear) and start shopping Martinez. I love Martinez but Voynov is simply better.

Great games from Kopi & Richards. It's a beautiful thing

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Guys, our pp is one of the best right now. Just be happy for once.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:36 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Lokti and Slava have got to stay...Waive Parse (who will likely clear) and start shopping Martinez. I love Martinez but Voynov is simply better.

Moreau on the PP? W.T.F.?!?!? Lokti is the obvious choice but Lewis, Richardson... Hell even Fraser would've been a better choice! Sure he made a nifty play and the penalty was a bad call... But you can't have Ethan freakin Moreau on your power play.
So what happens when Loki/slava gets hurt? Cause odds are it will. YOU DO NOT GET RID OF DEPTH.

It's why teams WIN THE STANLEY CUP.

I am all for finding them a roster spot. But you do not just get rid of guys to make room. This is what we have been dying for as Kings Fans. A team that has depth at all areas.

And now you want to tear it down.

Loki already has had TWO season ending Injuries, also tonight he looked over matched a couple times against bigger Forwards/D men.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:36 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan28 View Post
Who would be next on the depth chart as far as defensive d-men [should Drewiske get waived/traded] down in Manchester?
Muzzin. I'd rather keep Drewiske for one more year and make that move next offseason. Right now we're absolutely loaded on defense, and eventually somebody will get hurt. Drewiske can fill in on a temporary basis and be steady enough without messing with Muzzin's development.

Right now the organization has the best of problems. Great young defensemen that can't all fit onto the team, a young backup goaltender with a lot of potential...this is great. And they seem never ending when you go down the list. This is how teams parlay assets into Cups. They just have to be used correctly and not on guys like Penner.

Even with a coach like TM, good things can happen. That's no joke.

Last edited by Live in the Now: 11-18-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:42 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Muzzin. I'd rather keep Drewiske for one more year and make that move next offseason. Right now we're absolutely loaded on defense, and eventually somebody will get hurt. Drewiske can fill in on a temporary basis and be steady enough without messing with Muzzin's development.
Exactly Muzzin needs more time. He is just not ready. Davis is the Perfect 7th D men. He doesn't Bit$% and Moan either. And he is always prepared to play. A trade of A-Mart for a Quality Bottom Six player I can Get on board with. Cause the Kings really need it. Then you keep Parse as insurance for a Bottom Six person going down.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Ollie Weeks

Yeah, its time for Martinez to be shopped. Sorry man, I was rooting for you, but my God is Voynov wonderful to watch in the offensive zone.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:43 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:

Hell, by the way Murray was explaining Parse's injury, that might not even be an option as he might be gone for most or all of the season like last season.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:46 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
Yeah, its time for Martinez to be shopped. Sorry man, I was rooting for you, but my God is Voynov wonderful to watch in the offensive zone.
I would hold onto Amart until we know whether we can re-sign Mitchell or not.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:48 AM
bobafettish*

can we quit with the VV is better than Amart
VV plays with mitchell
Amart plays with Greene

i think we need a bigger sample size with VV

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:49 AM
damacles1156

I have a Question is anyone getting a little worried that Murray is not using Johnny B?

I mean Quick can not play 70+ Games.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:49 AM
Quattro

I feel sorry for some of you. Seems like you can NEVER just enjoy a victory.

Great win.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Hell, by the way Murray was explaining Parse's injury, that might not even be an option as he might be gone for most or all of the season like last season.
From the looks of it, it was some kind of knee injury and who knows how bad.

kingsfan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings have a back to back next week against the Blues and Stars, I figure Bernier will get his next start in one of those games. Quick will get enough rest as the Kings have two days off after the Detroit game on Sat.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:52 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I feel sorry for some of you. Seems like you can NEVER just enjoy a victory.

Great win.
I'm pretty sure all of us enjoy this greatly. Every person here probably had a moment of their own when Kopitar scored his goal. I know I did.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:53 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
So what happens when Loki/slava gets hurt? Cause odds are it will. YOU DO NOT GET RID OF DEPTH.

It's why teams WIN THE STANLEY CUP.

I am all for finding them a roster spot. But you do not just get rid of guys to make room. This is what we have been dying for as Kings Fans. A team that has depth at all areas.

And now you want to tear it down.

Loki already has had TWO season ending Injuries, also tonight he looked over matched a couple times against bigger Forwards/D men.

You also can't keep your better players buried in the minors just to have depth. Eventually someone has to go.... We can't keep them forever.

As far as moving Martinez I think you trade him for draft pick or defense prospect if you can get it. If Voynov goes down we still have Muzzin who shown himself to be able to handle the NHL fairly well, and there still is Hickey. No, their not as good as Martinez but like I said you got eventually have to make a choice.

I like Martinez a lot! I just think Voynov is the better player (based I what I've seen these guys do in both the AHL and NHL) and we need to go with a our best players, and Martinez isn't an ideal 7th d-man in the way Drewiske is.

This place is gonna FREAK when we have to choose between Quick and Bernier.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
It's just my opinion but the choice has been made. The game split is not changing in any way and Quick is playing out of his head.

Old
BringTheReign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Too funny. The 3 stars were:

1st: Cogliano
2nd: Kopitar
3rd: Selanne

So 2 Ducks get stars in a losing effort? Ahlers and Hayward must've picked those.
The three stars are picked by the media, a la they pick whoever had the most goals and then a Ducks player that everyone knows, like Selanne.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I would hold onto Amart until we know whether we can re-sign Mitchell or not.
That's a good point.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:56 AM
BringTheReign

Quote:
You also can't keep your better players buried in the minors just to have depth. Eventually someone has to go.... We can't keep them forever.

As far as moving Martinez I think you trade him for draft pick or defense prospect if you can get it. If Voynov goes down we still have Muzzin who shown himself to be able to handle the NHL fairly well, and there still is Hickey. No, their not as good as Martinez but like I said you got eventually have to make a choice.

I like Martinez a lot! I just think Voynov is the better player (based I what I've seen these guys do in both the AHL and NHL) and we need to go with a our best players, and Martinez isn't an ideal 7th d-man in the way Drewiske is.

Detroit says hi.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:58 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
It's just my opinion but the choice has been made. The game split is not changing in any way and Quick is playing out of his head.
It is becoming a lot easier.... But there is gonna be a lot nervous people when/if the Kings trade Bernier.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
The three stars are picked by the media, a la they pick whoever had the most goals and then a Ducks player that everyone knows, like Selanne.
Ew. Stop making excuses for them. They are just sore losers.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Vic Vinegar

Kopitar is on pace for 99 points. He's started hot the past two years only to finish slightly below PPG, but I think this year is different. He has better linemates and a better 2C backing him up than he ever has. Maybe he won't reach 99, but 90 is very reasonable. This is, of course, while playing an excellent 2 way game.

Richards is on pace for 65 points, including the cold start (which I think was due to new team + Europe hangover), so I think he'll finish with more (70-75). But even if he doesn't, he brings so many other things to the table that the point totals don't matter so much. I have no idea why the Flyers traded this guy, his all-around game is off the charts.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I honestly believe we have the best 1-2 punch down the middle, yes even Crosby-Malkin...but to be fair that is only due to injury issues.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:03 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

All the moving player stuff aside...

Fun game to watch tonight! Won 3 of 4! Getting back on track! Love hearing the Go Kings Go! chants in the honda center.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Just got back from the game, I attended both of the home-and-home series and I am a happy camper.

Some thoughts...the Kings and Ducks are worlds apart in terms of in-game-entertainment and overall quality of the presentation of the game and sounds quality as well...I could not understand what the game announcer was saying most of the game, the sound there is absolutely terrible.

And this is before that ridiculous power failure at the start of the third period.

In regards to the game, extremely entertaining...wide-open hockey is always a joy to watch. Not a lot of great defense in this one by either team.

One thought on the Ducks...this team has too much talent to suck this bad...I repeat, something must be going on in that locker room...they were great on offense throughout the game and in particular in the third period, but damn them if they are going to play a lick of defense!

Ron is online now   Reply With Quote