HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Veteran keeps plugging away, hoping the Habs might need him

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2011, 06:16 AM
  #1
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Veteran keeps plugging away, hoping the Habs might need him

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...602/story.html

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 07:58 AM
  #2
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,166
vCash: 500
6'5, 220, physical and can fight. Why in the world would he ever think the Habs would call him up?

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:12 AM
  #3
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
6'5, 220, physical and can fight. Why in the world would he ever think the Habs would call him up?
He is always a guy i wanted on this team, and given a fair shot .

He got shafted in training camp few year ago, he should have made it over captain Picard .

It makes too much sense to have a guy with actual 177 game experience and over 500 ahl in your line up,at this time when all the old regs are sidelined.

But there is always the risk he might (fight) commit sin in Montreal,break the Gauthier /Martin rule #10 "thou shall not swing at opposing players" and rule number 7 "taking a beating is better than giving one"


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-18-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:28 AM
  #4
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr
 
Stjonnypopo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mount Doom
Posts: 10,701
vCash: 500
There must be something the habs don't like about him because he could definitely help the team some nights.

I think Martin is really against fighting. You can tell some coaches want their players to start a fight to change the pace of a game and Martin isn't one of those coaches so what use would he have with a huge guy who can throw him down just as good as anyone else?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:30 AM
  #5
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,587
vCash: 500
He sucks, that's why he won't play in the nhl.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:36 AM
  #6
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
There must be something the habs don't like about him because he could definitely help the team some nights.

I think Martin is really against fighting. You can tell some coaches want their players to start a fight to change the pace of a game and Martin isn't one of those coaches so what use would he have with a huge guy who can throw him down just as good as anyone else?
I was sitting thinking the other day, and few thoughts popped into my head.

1.Quite possible Martin and Gauthier would ban toughness and fighting the the Canadain army .Take all the guns away too.


2.Martin and Gauthier if they owned a night club wouldn't hire any bouncers,all patrons are on there own .


Man i just don't get it, the NHL is still a jungle , not a church camp.

Has to be something to it all,they got to like watching our guys take punishment ...I mean even Gainey put punching bags out there .(Downey, Tko)

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:40 AM
  #7
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He sucks, that's why he won't play in the nhl.
He has played 177 NHL games,wore the C for a bit in Minny .
I don't think he "sucks"
Montreal has had WORSE on there roster trust me .
He was a better option than Picard!
Atleast AH can clear the front of net, and rap a few head if needed.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:42 AM
  #8
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He sucks, that's why he won't play in the nhl.
Simplest explanation is usually correct.

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:43 AM
  #9
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,769
vCash: 500
He's very slow like Gill but doesn't have the PKing skillz. Although our PK is 100% will Hal Gill out of the lineup, what does Gill even bring to this team, on ice?

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:47 AM
  #10
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He has played 177 NHL games,wore the C for a bit in Minny .
I don't think he "sucks"
Montreal has had WORSE on there roster trust me .
He was a better option than Picard!
Atleast AH can clear the front of net, and rap a few head if needed.
He played 177, like 5 years ago. He's terrible. He wore the C in Minny because they had alternating captains every months. He couldn't even make it back on the Minnesotta team after player 63 games with them the year before. He was in the ahl for two years and then we picked him up. I guess Lemaire hates fighters too right?

If alex henry wasn't 6'5, no one would want him on the team and would say that he sucks, but because he's 6'5 people think he deserves a spot in virtue of being 6'5. He's not an nhl player and it's not hard to understand.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:47 AM
  #11
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kremelin Wall View Post
He's very slow like Gill but doesn't have the PKing skillz. Although our PK is 100% will Hal Gill out of the lineup, what does Gill even bring to this team, on ice?
He was Pk D partner for a year in Hammertown,and these two play great together.Any slowness i think Pk can cover .

He's a big stay at home d man that is tough, and keeps the net clean .

What do we have to lose at this time with all the bodies on the sideline?

Not needed in Montreal i know .


Last edited by Habaneros: 11-18-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:49 AM
  #12
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
He was Pk D partner for a year in Hammertown,and these two play great together.Any slowness i think Pk can cover .
So you don't just want to bring up Henry, you want to play him on top pairing minutes in the NHL?

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:49 AM
  #13
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
He played 177, like 7 years ago. He's terrible.
Montreal has 5 undrafted players in there line up .
Come on man .




I watched AH in training camp ,and pre season the year Picard was here,

He got robbed.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:05 AM
  #14
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Montreal has 5 undrafted players in there line up .
Come on man .




I watched AH in training camp ,and pre season the year Picard was here,

He got robbed.
So what if they have 5 undrafted players...he's terrible. I bet you 1000$ that if Henry wasn't 6'5 you wouldn't give two ***** if he was in the nhl or not.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:11 AM
  #15
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
So what if they have 5 undrafted players...he's terrible. I bet you 1000$ that if Henry wasn't 6'5 you wouldn't give two ***** if he was in the nhl or not.
why do you say that?

Not what i seen of him WITH SUBBAN in Habs training camp.
I seen a Subban free wheeling it up the ice and AH back covering for him .They look fine to me .

Your over the top.

AH brings physcial presence,and of course 6'5 on our d right now would help .


I know i know , marshmallows you like
.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:16 AM
  #16
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
why do you say that?

Not what i seen of him WITH SUBBAN in Habs training camp.
I seen a Subban free wheeling it up the ice and AH back covering for him .They look fine to me .

Your over the top.

AH brings physcial presence,and of course 6'5 on our d right now would help .


I know i know , marshmallows you like
.
Gomez was killer in training camp...how much have a leash have you given him.

Alex Henry couldn't even crack the Minnesotta lineup for 2 years after he had played the majority of his nhl games there. Why didn't they put him the line up.

That's nice if he brings a physical presence, but Defense doesn't just consist of that. Like I said, if henry isn't 6'5, you don't want him on the team.

Sure I like marshmellows, that's what it must be, not that I dislike non-nhlers who can't play in the nhl.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
  #17
BobbyFischer*
 
BobbyFischer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,864
vCash: 500
Oh my... he's tall... I love tall men.


BobbyFischer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:23 AM
  #18
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Gomez was killer in training camp...how much have a leash have you given him.

Alex Henry couldn't even crack the Minnesotta lineup for 2 years after he had played the majority of his nhl games there. Why didn't they put him the line up.

That's nice if he brings a physical presence, but Defense doesn't just consist of that. Like I said, if henry isn't 6'5, you don't want him on the team.

Sure I like marshmellows, that's what it must be, not that I dislike non-nhlers who can't play in the nhl.


Your logic is so flawed man it ain't even funny.

I can take you across the NHL and find players in the SAME boat.

Look no further than 52 on Habs ,check the road he traveled.


Look no further than a ex Habs pick named CARKNER in Ottawa who made it finally at 29

Ex Habs Pick Mark Flood finally making a little noise out in Winnipeg.


AH has be BURRIED by Habs, truth of the matter he could be playing as a 6- 7 d man here.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:28 AM
  #19
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Your logic is so flawed man it ain't even funny.

I can take you across the NHL and find players in the SAME boat.

Look no further than 52 on Habs ,check the road he traveled.


Look no further than a ex Habs pick named CARKNER in Ottawa who made it finally at 29

Ex Habs Pick Mark Flood finally making a little noise out in Winnipeg.


AH has be BURRIED by Habs, truth of the matter he could be playing as a 6- 7 d man here.
True you are right, it doesn't mean anything. Regardless, Henry isn't a very good hockey player and it's sad when there are 2-3 younger D men in hamilton whohave played better than him including St.Denis. I don't see why he should get a free-pass because he's physical. That's all you can say about him. His defensive game and foot speed are pretty bad and he's in no way an nhl player.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:29 AM
  #20
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
True you are right, it doesn't mean anything. Regardless, Henry isn't a very good hockey player and it's sad when there are 2-3 younger D men in hamilton whohave played better than him including St.Denis. I don't see why he should get a free-pass because he's physical. That's all you can say about him. His defensive game and foot speed are pretty bad and he's in no way an nhl player.
I guess will leave it at that.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
  #21
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Your logic is so flawed man it ain't even funny.

I can take you across the NHL and find players in the SAME boat.

Look no further than 52 on Habs ,check the road he traveled.


Look no further than a ex Habs pick named CARKNER in Ottawa who made it finally at 29

Ex Habs Pick Mark Flood finally making a little noise out in Winnipeg.


AH has be BURRIED by Habs, truth of the matter he could be playing as a 6- 7 d man here.
Do you have an explanation for why he clears waivers every single time? He's the D version of Locke.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:41 AM
  #22
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
Jack Bourdain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montréal, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Your logic is so flawed man it ain't even funny.

I can take you across the NHL and find players in the SAME boat.

Look no further than 52 on Habs ,check the road he traveled.


Look no further than a ex Habs pick named CARKNER in Ottawa who made it finally at 29

Ex Habs Pick Mark Flood finally making a little noise out in Winnipeg.


AH has be BURRIED by Habs, truth of the matter he could be playing as a 6- 7 d man here.
Carkner made it on the worst Ottawa team in decades, no wonder.

Jack Bourdain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
  #23
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
Do you have an explanation for why he clears waivers every single time? He's the D version of Locke.
how did Brock Trotter clear waivers? and we trade him for Nokey

how did Mathieu Carle clear waiver and we traded him to Ducks .


Why did Curtis Sanford clear waivers , and buried in Hammertown for how many years by Habs?
This is another one i always thought could play in Montreal and be our BACKUP in Montreal.

Anyways Now back in NHL ,played great last night in a 2-1 loss ...
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=602093&print=true


Why did Darche keep clearing waivers all those years? even cleared with Montreal in 2009

Now on Habs

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:51 AM
  #24
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
True you are right, it doesn't mean anything. Regardless, Henry isn't a very good hockey player and it's sad when there are 2-3 younger D men in hamilton whohave played better than him including St.Denis. I don't see why he should get a free-pass because he's physical. That's all you can say about him. His defensive game and foot speed are pretty bad and he's in no way an nhl player.
The only defensmen that has been better then Henry in Hamilton is St-Denis, they have been the top 2 D on the team and the rest have all struggled.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:59 AM
  #25
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Analogies to other veterans who arrived late are just analogies. It's necessary to ask whether he has the skills and smarts to play for the Habs. Mere size is not nearly good enough without a highly developed sense of the game. Someone cited Mathieu Darche as an example. Darche isn't highly skilled but he obviously understands the game and reacts in real time (not to mention that he played in the NHL with another team before the Habs signed him, so the Habs weren't entering virgin territory). Does Henry have what Darche can bring?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.