HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lombardi (3-4 weeks), Komisarek (Broken arm, surgery needed[8 weeks])

Old
11-17-2011, 10:53 PM
Ari91

vCash: 500
At the rate of these injuries, we're going to have end up canceling the Marlies season because we're going to be needing a lot of their players.

Connolly is fresh back from injury
Bozak playing with injured wrist
Brown possibly playing hurt?
Armstrong out
Lombardi out
Grabovski out
MacArthur out
Komisarek out
Reimer out

Despite the injuries, I thought tonight was a winnable game based on how the action in the game went and it's a shame we couldn't walk away with at least a point. I'm already writing off our chances on Saturday against Washington. The schedule isn't going to get any easier and it would've been a struggle with a healthy line-up. 45% of our roster is either playing hurt or out of the line-up with injury.

On the bright side, I thought Franson had a good game as did JML and Kessel. Great to see consistency in Kessel's game. Smith's missed empty net at least gave me something to laugh about while awaiting the impending loss. Fisher trying not to burst out laughing on the bench was pretty awesome, lol.

I honestly don't think they played a bad game. Nashville just happened to cash in on their chances better than we did but I wouldn't fault tonight's loss on a lack of effort. 3rd loss in a row, tough schedule coming up, roster completely depleted...I'll just be happy if this team shows no quit in them because the odds are stacked even higher against them moving forward.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:07 PM
ShortSideFlick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Panda View Post
How many games does Lombardi have to play to alter the draft pick from that Nashville trade?
If he plays 60 or more regular season games by the end of the 2012-13 season Nashville gets the leafs 2013 4th round pick.

If he plays less than 60 regular season games by the end of the 2012-13 season Toronto gets Nashville's 2013 4th round pick.

ShortSideFlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:52 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the injuries tonight may actually help us?

Lombardi has been pretty brutal all season. I mean, it's hard to criticize the guy after what he's been through but if you're not producing -- well, you're not producing. Komisarek has been a lot better as of late but he's still an immobile-disaster with the puck.

If it means Franson and Kadri get into the lineup, I'm all for it.

080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:54 PM
Beleafer4

Add phaneuf to the injured list, ever since he skipped the practise for "maintenance", he hasnt looked the same.

Beleafer4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:55 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post

Lombardi has been pretty brutal all season. I mean, it's hard to criticize the guy after what he's been through but if you're not producing -- well, you're not producing. Komisarek has been a lot better as of late but he's still an immobile-disaster with the puck.

Komi>franson, At least this season.

Beleafer4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 11:56 PM
jaybo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 080 View Post

i was thinking the same thing. just sucks that mac and grabo are gone as well, but i really wanna see kadri - con/boz - kuli line. i think that kadri will get kuli going for sure.

this is time for franson to put his money where his mouth is, he was saying he wanted playing time, so lets see what you can do.

jaybo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Breakingbad28

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigobuffalo View Post

Last season we lost Army and Phaneuf around November, Army to a broken thumb (IIRC) and Phaneuf to a lacerated calf muscle.
... yeah next to none. we were one of the least injured teams last year.

Breakingbad28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:35 AM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
At the rate of these injuries, we're going to have end up canceling the Marlies season because we're going to be needing a lot of their players.

Connolly is fresh back from injury
Bozak playing with injured wrist
Brown possibly playing hurt?
Armstrong out
Lombardi out
Grabovski out
MacArthur out
Komisarek out
Reimer out

Despite the injuries, I thought tonight was a winnable game based on how the action in the game went and it's a shame we couldn't walk away with at least a point. I'm already writing off our chances on Saturday against Washington. The schedule isn't going to get any easier and it would've been a struggle with a healthy line-up. 45% of our roster is either playing hurt or out of the line-up with injury.

On the bright side, I thought Franson had a good game as did JML and Kessel. Great to see consistency in Kessel's game. Smith's missed empty net at least gave me something to laugh about while awaiting the impending loss. Fisher trying not to burst out laughing on the bench was pretty awesome, lol.

I honestly don't think they played a bad game. Nashville just happened to cash in on their chances better than we did but I wouldn't fault tonight's loss on a lack of effort. 3rd loss in a row, tough schedule coming up, roster completely depleted...I'll just be happy if this team shows no quit in them because the odds are stacked even higher against them moving forward.

Yea, I agree with you that despite a couple of bounces that could have gone either way, the Leafs still weren't out of it.

I think Lombardi was just starting to get his feet under him and the past 3 games he has impressed me a lot! A lot of people look at #'s and base their arguements on that. Much of the reason that Frattin has been bashed on the boards.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Lombardi looked bad, he knew he messed up right away and the way it happened.. Those innocent looking ones always seem to be bad. Broken wrist? He was really getting going too.

Komi is either back next game or looking bad too. He's a tough mama jama, not looking real good there either I didn't think.

Komi, Lambo, and MacA apparently 2 weeks plus? I say Colborne, Kadri, Aulie up, which doesn't sound awful frankly, all deserve a shot for one reason or another in any case. I worry about the cap implications though, depends if any of them are LTIR bound.. Could get tight we didn't have a tonne of room to play with.

Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:33 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
Lombardi looked bad, he knew he messed up right away and the way it happened.. Those innocent looking ones always seem to be bad. Broken wrist? He was really getting going too.

Komi is either back next game or looking bad too. He's a tough mama jama, not looking real good there either I didn't think.

Komi, Lambo, and MacA apparently 2 weeks plus? I say Colborne, Kadri, Aulie up, which doesn't sound awful frankly, all deserve a shot for one reason or another in any case. I worry about the cap implications though, depends if any of them are LTIR bound.. Could get tight we didn't have a tonne of room to play with.
I'd imagine Reimer and/or Army will hit LTIR if cap space is needed.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:36 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:

Out of curiosity, have you been drinking, or just really tired? I had to read some of this 3 times to make sense.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:43 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Out of curiosity, have you been drinking, or just really tired? I had to read some of this 3 times to make sense.
Drinking lol.. Well and tired. But what I was driving at was that I don't think there's any middle ground for Komi, it's either a stinger or even a bruise that they held him out for game on, or we're looking at something broken and he out an extended period.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Old
11-18-2011, 01:46 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

..and also on my phone since the wife has the comp tied up in my defence. Editting is leaving something to be desired.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
I'd imagine Reimer and/or Army will hit LTIR if cap space is needed.
Army already is on it.. Don't know about Riem tough, don't think so. Even so, with the number of injuries and with bonuses not having the cushion I worry that it could get tight. Wouldn't mind crunching the nmbers in the next day or two once we know more.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:00 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
..and also on my phone since the wife has the comp tied up in my defence. Editting is leaving something to be desired.
It's all good. I've just never noticed it from your posts before. My next question was going to be are you having a stroke?

Old
11-18-2011, 03:16 AM
Sergei Berezin

Too bad about Lombardi, it seemed like he was really starting to make some plays out there.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:23 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

im more worried about komi being down than anything really.

11-18-2011, 06:07 AM
StuckOutHere

Fail For Nail.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 07:09 AM
dubplatepressure

I thought Franson looked better last night.... at least that's a small positive.

dubplatepressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 07:13 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
I thought Franson looked better last night.... at least that's a small positive.
franson's time to shine.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

This must be bad

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Quote:
If Komisarek injury is as bad as some think, look for Aulie or Holzer. Up front, Colborne is healthy and ready.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Drew311
Van Man

Not really all that worried about Lombardi and Komisarek out. Would Kadri and Holzer really be that much of a downgrade? Kadri will bring more offensive creativity and Holzer is a capable stay at home #6.

Drew311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Budsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafsfan80 View Post
This must be bad

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Quote:
F Matthew Lombardi left Thursday night's game in the second period with an upper-body injury and did not return. He left the arena with his left arm in a sling. D Mike Komisarek also left Thursday night's game in the third period with an upper-body injury and did not return. He appeared to visit a doctor on-site before leaving the arena with a jacket covering his right arm. - TSN
Komisarek may be out a while.

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Ritzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
I'm going with (and hoping) Kadri.

Tonight at the start, we rolled

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
Frattin - Connolly - Kulemin
Lombardi - Steckel - Crabb
Gardiner - Dupuis - Brown

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Franson - Schenn
Liles - Komisarek

Scrivens
Gustavsson
You saw Brown on the ice last night? What game were you watching.....You may recall Rosehill fighting McGratton.....

Ritzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:43 AM
xexara

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/icechips/

Komisarek may be out a while.
Damn he's been playing so well lately too, at least it gives us a chance to look at Franson for a while I guess.

xexara is offline   Reply With Quote