HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After game thoughts Habs vs Bruins

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Playr050

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Playr050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Why is veryone saying Mccarthy was a coward? i couldn't watch the game because i was having sexual intercourse with my gf but can someone fill me in on this please?

Btw did Langdon fight?
McCarthy got Quintal to drop the gloves, but immediately went to the bench. Quintal got 2 for unsportsmanlike.

A somewhat shady move by McCarthy, but he got Boston on their first (and only) PP of the game. Smart move IMO.

And no, Langdon, nor anyone else , fought tonight.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:00 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
[QUOTE=Mike Komisarek]i couldn't watch the game because i was having sexual intercourse with my gf but can someone fill me in on this please?

thanks for sharing

Old
10-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Why is veryone saying Mccarthy was a coward? i couldn't watch the game because i was having sexual intercourse with my gf but can someone fill me in on this please?

Btw did Langdon fight?

lol whatever buddy

Old
10-31-2003, 02:52 AM
Higgins

Quote:

Btw did Langdon fight?
Wow, kids are starting young these days. You are 12 right?...at least that's my guess based on the maturity of your posts.

Old
10-31-2003, 04:56 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Begin: Was everywhere tonight, including in the face of Thornton those times that he was shifted against the superstar. His constant energy play is a boost to the rest of the team on nights like this, and he is a welcome addition. I just hope when Kilger comes back that he isn't the cut, as I fear might happen. A-
Ho man, if they cut Begin, I am gonna scream so hard Bob and CJ will have nose bleed...
Seriously, if the Habs management see the same game as us, he will be the last man standing.

cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault, cut Audette and Perrault,

Old
10-31-2003, 04:58 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
That has never stopped me from watching a hockey game...

Old
10-31-2003, 05:04 AM
Darz

Grear effort by the habs. Nice to see when the chips are down they can produce this kind of effort.
Potvin played great for the Bruins tonite (when the guy is hot, he is a great goalie, although he is off as much as he is on), without him the habs win the game 4-0.
Theodore played equally as great. The play on Rolston was executed perfectly, and he seemed to be in perfect position all night.
When Koivu comes back, I have a feeling BG is going to send Audette down to Hamilton. He's working hard in the offensive zone, but he is trying so hard to score, he's making the wrong decisions with the puck, similiar to his start last year.

Habs still on pace for 89 points.

Here's a stat for ya:
Theodore is on pace for 22 shutouts this season, which would tie George Hainsworth team and league record. :p

Old
10-31-2003, 07:26 AM
NWT Habs Fan

Great team effort by the Habs. We ran into a hot goalie or else this would not have been a game decided in OT. Kudos for Potvin to get his team a point, despite the fact that the Habs really deserved the 2 points based on their solid team effort. I give a lot of credit to the prep that CJ must have done to get his players back on track. WTG coach, and WTG players who finally responded after three poor results.

What I find funny is those taunting Broons' fans have gone silent after this game. I guess it is only fun to post when your team wins.

Keep it up boys against the Rags on the weekend!!

Old
10-31-2003, 07:36 AM
habfan4

Strong, patient, effort from the Habs last night. They got back to playing Julien's system and were able to generate some chances off the transition game, instead of panicing and icing the puck. It didn't hurt that we caught the Bruins either looking past us or on a off night.

All in all a good month of October for the Canadiens. Gainey and Julien have made good on their commitment to play some of the youngsters, and a 6-5 start given the teams they've played is pretty admirable.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:45 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:

Btw did Langdon fight?
gf?

Hope that's girlfriend and not goat friends.

Old
10-31-2003, 07:53 AM
zurg999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Agreed about Hainsey. I like Bouillon for his intensity and heart but it's clearly him who's the 7th Dman on this team, not the other way around. Hainsey should be playing 2/3 of the games, meaning about 50 for him and 30 for Bouillon. Almost all our wins came this year when Hainsey was playing with Brisebois. Better transition, better vision, moves the puck more fluidly. Bouillon should only serve as a way for Hinasey to kick his own butt knowing he could be replaced if he does not give it all. So far, considering Hainsey's a rookie, I'm very pleased with his game.
Not in complete disagreement, and the games results do not support me but I think at this stage of their careers, Hainsey makes more mistakes and has more misssed coverage than Bouillion and that is why he's playing less. On an already error prone team, I think management is trying to minimize our exposure.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:09 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone
gf?

Hope that's girlfriend and not goat friends.
No reason to drag McPhee into this, that's unfair.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:44 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
Quote:
You watch hockey while you have sex? ;p

No it was just one of those rare occasions where my dad was on duty so he wasn't home til 11:23 that night.
yeah of course and when there is no game on, I put on one of the games that I recorded. Sure it's tough to make your gf accept to do it at the same time as you watch hockey but it's worth all the effort.

Old
10-31-2003, 09:46 AM
Gros Bill

As Rodney Dangerfield said :
My wife always laughs during sex .... no matter what she's reading.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:25 AM
AK-47

Haloween was early in Boston, but most of the fans in attendance weren't very original in their costume selection. Sadly, they all dressed up as empty seats.

Old
10-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Joe Malone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
As Rodney Dangerfield said :
My wife always laughs during sex .... no matter what she's reading.
What impresses me most about the young lad's revelation is that he missed the entire game due to his sexual encounter. How I long for the days of youth....part of the intermission is all I need. :p

To McPhee: I hope you don't mind the reference to your four-legged friends. I would never want to degrade the majestic goat.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:35 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*

Bruin fans are over-rated. I still think they are having head-aches over the headcases over on the red sox squad.

It's dissapointing to see an original 6 team with so few fans showing up at games, especially for supposed big rivals, and especially since they're actually considered a good hockey city.

Shameful.

Old
10-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker316

Bruin fans are over-rated. I still think they are having head-aches over the headcases over on the red sox squad.

It's dissapointing to see an original 6 team with so few fans showing up at games, especially for supposed big rivals, and especially since they're actually considered a good hockey city.

Shameful.
Man, i agree with all that you said today...Congratulations!

Old
10-31-2003, 11:50 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:

Shameful.
Well said

Old
10-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*

Thanks guys. It's been a productive day.

Old
10-31-2003, 12:02 PM
Joe Malone

Quote:

Shameful.
Bruin fans are a passionate bunch about hockey. (Just check their board.) The Bruin's owner is another story; he has alienated many of his season ticket holders. It is a shame, but the shame goes to the owner who doesn't care, not to the fans who do care.

Old
10-31-2003, 12:47 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Hey Mike, how are things with your dad going now?

Old
10-31-2003, 01:03 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Bleh, my dad has really high blood pressure, and the doctor said he needs to quit drinking(he's a really bad alcoholic, drinks everynight) or he risks stroke/heart attack and whatever else, heart diease etc.

Dispite this, he still continues the drink and doesn't intend to stop, all he's doing is taking the prescribed pills he's supposed to take, and i think he's drinking even more knowing that he has high blood pressure(it seems like he's been drinking more anyway).

He's been a real fuker the last few days, fighting as usual, but nothing physical.. that usually happens on the weekends =/

Btw thanks for asking bro! :p
Hey Mike, hope everything works out well with you and your dad.

You got plans with your girlfriend during the habs-rangers game tommorow?

Old
10-31-2003, 01:12 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Quote:
Thanks

No plans yet, but my dad is on duty for the whole week and weekend so if he gets a call like 70% chance he will, depending on where hes going, i'll call her up and make "plans" :>>>>
You should change your avator...worst one I have seen in a while

Closed Thread