HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2011-12 All Purpose Kings Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2011, 11:51 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
guys, its not going to be Parise, so you can stop speculating that.

I have a hard time believing Clarkson is dealt, either, as both Lou and Deboer love him. also really dont want to move Zubrus.

not sure who else that leaves that interests you, just offering my opinion as a Devils fan. I would also love to get Voynov
I'm just curious, what makes you so sure it isn't Parise? Is it because you're convinced that he'll be re-signed?

Old
11-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I'm just curious, what makes you so sure it isn't Parise? Is it because you're convinced that he'll be re-signed?
Lou isnt going to trade him. thats not how Lou works. they didnt give him the C with intentions of trading him 1/4 way into the season. especially since it seems like we'll be right in the thick of the playoff race. remember, we are without our #1 center still and also lost another top 9 center in Josefson for basically the year. so things will just get better.

plus yes, I do still think he'll re-sign. the Devils had ownership problems this past summer and I believe that had a large hand in why he wasnt able to sign a long term deal.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Considering the overall turn this topic has made, we'll just make it the first of probably many trade rumor topics for the season.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Not convinced he will be re-signed, but very convinced he won't be traded.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Lou always keeps the players that he thinks gives NJ the best shot to win.. I believe he'll be re-signed when they're allowed to open up negotiations again.. If he wasn't named captain to start the season, I would have been a little skeptical, but that erased some doubt.

I don't see Clarkson going anywhere either.. He's been one of our better forwards under DeBoer, they have a past, and Lou and Clarky has a very good relationship.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
It doesn't make sense for NJ to get rid of him.

Give me one good reason why it would be a good idea for them to trade Parise?

And don't use "cause he is an FA!" if that were the case, teams would be trading a third of their roster every year.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post
Lou always keeps the players that he thinks gives NJ the best shot to win.. I believe he'll be re-signed when they're allowed to open up negotiations again.. If he wasn't named captain to start the season, I would have been a little skeptical, but that erased some doubt.

I don't see Clarkson going anywhere either.. He's been one of our better forwards under DeBoer, they have a past, and Lou and Clarky has a very good relationship.
i believe they can negotiate all they want (and nothing would be able to stop them, anyways), but he cant officially sign til January 1.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

To the Devils posters.

Totally agree with all you guys. A lot of these posts are ramblings from wishfully naive Kings fans. The idea of getting Parise is mind blowing i guess. Even though it's pretty damn unrealistic.

also P.S. **** you guys you aren't getting Voynov

Old
11-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
With regards to Parise there's no way in hell NJ is going to trade him. Have said that all along. They'll probably be in position to make the playoffs near the deadline, and I can't see Lou just blowing that and trading Parise. Not really his thing.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
To the Devils posters.

Totally agree with all you guys. A lot of these posts are ramblings from wishfully naive Kings fans. The idea of getting Parise is mind blowing i guess. Even though it's pretty damn unrealistic.

also P.S. **** you guys you aren't getting Voynov
You mean we are not getting Parise for Penner, Stoll, Hickey and Bernier?

Thanks for ruining my weekend!!

Old
11-18-2011, 12:24 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:

And don't use "cause he is an FA!" if that were the case, teams would be trading a third of their roster every year.
Well, of course it's because of his FA status. If NJ feels that they can't re-sign him, then it's better to trade for other assets than to let him walk for free.

Having said that, the NJ fans feel that he will re-sign with them so, I'll defer to their insight.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

but UFA to be players on teams near the playoffs around the deadline are never traded. thats not how the NHL works. i cant think of one instance where its happened

Old
11-18-2011, 12:30 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
but UFA to be players on teams near the playoffs around the deadline are never traded. thats not how the NHL works. i cant think of one instance where its happened
It's definitely a tough call. But if the team is 100% sure that the pending UFA won't sign, I would make the trade. I can't let guys like Richards and Parise walk for free.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Rob Blake in 2001.

And the Kings came within a goal post of knocking him out of the playoffs.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:49 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

fair enough, 1 instance, albeit 10 years ago

my point still stands.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
ShattStar03

Its funny watching these Devils fans claiming so convincingly that Parise is going to resign. I hate to break it to you, he's not...

Old
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Its funny watching these Devils fans claiming so convincingly that Parise is going to resign. I hate to break it to you, he's not...
You sound just as bad. Fact is no one knows.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:

I think the question Lou should be asking is, why would he stay?

Old
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Why not?

Old
11-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
How do you know?

No one knows 100% either way, but most of the time if the offer is fair the guy is going to sign with the only team he has ever known. Not to be rude, but this isn't NHL12, guys build relationships with coaches, management, other players and even fans, own homes, are part of a community etc.

I don't know Parise other than from TV interviews, but he strikes me as a JJ type guy when it comes to loyalty. I don't think we'll see Zach on TV crying as he is traded over 500k or anything like that.

And I do know that Lou is very strongly respected among the players, current and past and he is one of the best GM's in NHL history with a proven track record of winning.

Factoring all this in, I'd be shocked if ZP leaves NJ.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Kensu

vCash: 63
Honestly I don't see this going to be big as most people are claiming. It'll probably end up being something for the bottom-six or along those lines.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Quote:
and what makes you say that, exactly? its funny that you complain about Devils fans sounding so definite that he'll re-sign and then you do the same exact thing, just the other way.

truth be told none of us know what will happen. I bet not even Lou knows right now. like I said, the Devils have had some ownership issues recently which many people led to Parise only getting a 1 year deal this past offseason. hopefully that will be resolved come july 1.

parise has said everything right. he wants to be here. he has never once stated or hinted otherwise. i know in sports you cant always take what athletes say as gospel, but at this point why should we believe otherwise?

Old
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
no name

I just have not seen any inclination on Parise's behalf that shows he is leaning towards staying.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
And you have sure fire information on this do you?

been makin late night phone calls to Jack Daniels and Lou Lamoriello?

Old
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Shellz

I don't think any Kings fans really expect Parise. But, there is nothing wrong with speculating. Since you know, that is what this thread is for. We dont need to be reminded, Devils fans.

Closed Thread