HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Lombardi (3-4 weeks), Komisarek (Broken arm, surgery needed[8 weeks])

Old
11-18-2011, 12:33 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

vCash: 500
What is 3-4 weeks in Leaf speak? Day to day is a month, so a month must be the season

shakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:42 PM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
Assuming there is cap room to call them up.
Cap room shouldn't be an issue at all. Aren't players put on IR not counted against the cap? All of our injured players are big contract players so you would just need to put one of them on IR in order to make space for all three of Kadri, Colbourne and Aulie if you wanted.

HockeyCrazed101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Sergei Berezin

Just **** off.

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:48 PM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
What is 3-4 weeks in Leaf speak? Day to day is a month, so a month must be the season
People seriously need to quit with this. What makes you think the Leafs aren't reporting what the doctors are telling them? If a doctor says day to day, you know what that means? It means that a medical professional needs to see how the injury progresses before they can determine a likely return date. When they say weeks or months, it also means that in a PROFESSIONAL'S estimation, x player should be recovered by then. But if only our bodies did exactly what we wanted when we wanted them to. Setbacks can happen. Injuries can heal more quickly than anticipated or more slowly.

Why would the organization purposely report something other than what the doctors are telling them? Is it because Burke and Wilson enjoy having the media repeatedly ask why a certain player hasn't returned yet?

Old
11-18-2011, 12:50 PM
PresidentCamacho*

Now I would never cheer that one of our players got themselves injured or anything, but I think this is going to be a good opportunity for one of our younger players to prove himself more productive than Lombardi, on a shift-by-shift basis.

PresidentCamacho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

well this will be a good thing for sure regarding franson i guess getting play time.

11-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calacatz View Post
We have not played 1 game this season with our full roster
I still say the Armstrong factor is the craziest. Our record with & without him is night and day. PK went down the drain too... forecheck & minute eating with lead & I can only imagine his impact & voice on the bench.
i want this guy back so badly man ....he brings so much more than people give him credit for.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:53 PM
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main

Put 'em both on LTIR and that frees up $8M in cap space. That solves any cap related concerns... but really... out depth is being depleted faster than you can snap your fingers...

indigobuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:55 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Cap room shouldn't be an issue at all. Aren't players put on IR not counted against the cap? All of our injured players are big contract players so you would just need to put one of them on IR in order to make space for all three of Kadri, Colbourne and Aulie if you wanted.
The only time an injury has any effect on the cap is if the player is put on LTIR (long term injury reserve) which means that player is going to be out for at least ten games and 24 calendar days. You can then spend up to the injured player's cap hit to replace him, essentially.

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
feeel10

obvisouly a good time for the young guys to show what they can bring, on the marlies too, with ryan,blacker,d'amigo getting more ice-time... But I expect a fall in the standings from either teams. Sorry for negativity.. lets hope I'm wrong!

feeel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
People seriously need to quit with this. What makes you think the Leafs aren't reporting what the doctors are telling them? If a doctor says day to day, you know what that means? It means that a medical professional needs to see how the injury progresses before they can determine a likely return date. When they say weeks or months, it also means that in a PROFESSIONAL'S estimation, x player should be recovered by then. But if only our bodies did exactly what we wanted when we wanted them to. Setbacks can happen. Injuries can heal more quickly than anticipated or more slowly.

Why would the organization purposely report something other than what the doctors are telling them? Is it because Burke and Wilson enjoy having the media repeatedly ask why a certain player hasn't returned yet?
They seem to like keeping secrets and downplaying injuries and getting pissed at reporters who try and find out. So, yes, I don't believe anything they say.

Old
11-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

well the depth of our defense is helping here with franson going down.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:58 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Franson is injured also?

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:59 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Hopefully we can get Kadri up or Colborne up when he's healthy. Neither Lombardi or Komisarek will be huge losses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Franson is injured also?
Bruised ego?

That's the best I have

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Franson going in should give him a good stretch to show his worth

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Hopefully we can get Kadri up or Colborne up when he's healthy. Neither Lombardi or Komisarek will be huge losses.
Well not Lombardi. He was pretty much useless, but Komi was actually playing well

Old
11-18-2011, 01:01 PM
SlimShady

Marlies
Caps

Tonight, on hockey night in Canada

SlimShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:04 PM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojac View Post
The only time an injury has any effect on the cap is if the player is put on LTIR (long term injury reserve) which means that player is going to be out for at least ten games and 24 calendar days. You can then spend up to the injured player's cap hit to replace him, essentially.
Oh I see. For call-up players, do bonuses count as well or just base NHL salary? If they haven't already, they should be able to do it retroactively for Armstrong as he meets the criteria for LTIR. Armstrong's salary alone should be able to bring up a 2 person combination with Kadri, Colbourne, Aulie or Boyce as the options. You can even do a 3 person combination if you mix those contracts properly. It should be doable I think.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:05 PM
81snipe

vCash: 800
Yea Henny just tweeted about 3 weeks, can't wait too see the line-up Wilson ice's next game lol.

81snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:06 PM
TiMo15

Franson complained that he didn't get to start at the beginning of the season. After 20 games, it's time for him to show what he got and what he can do for the team.

TiMo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:20 PM
HockeyCrazed101

Quote:
They seem to like keeping secrets and downplaying injuries and getting pissed at reporters who try and find out. So, yes, I don't believe anything they say.
Is any team obligated to specify what injuries their players are suffering from?
Do the Leafs report every injury (no matter how vague you may consider it)?

The answer to the first question is no. The answer is the second is yes. The organization is not witholding information that they are otherwise obligated to report publicly so no, they aren't keeping secrets and just because their answers don't satify your nosiness doesn't mean they are keeping secrets. And furthermore, you have absolutely no clue as to what kind of information is being relayed by the doctors to the organization so therefore you have absolutely no argument to suggest that they're downplaying anything. Burke and Wilson are not medical professionals so they will rely on what the doctors tell them and in turn, it is expected that whatever information they choose to share, it will be in line with the information given to them by doctors. If Burke and Wilson are tweaking words to give people a false understanding of what the situation is, then at the very least, have some real and sensible proof before wining about it.

You're free to believe or not believe whatever you like, but I just think it's a waste of your time and energy to complain about something that, at best, you're basing on assumptions rather than any facts present. Complain to your heart's content if you wish, but I see little reason on your part to make this an issue and you've provided little reason on your part to justify it.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
rojac
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh I see. For call-up players, do bonuses count as well or just base NHL salary? If they haven't already, they should be able to do it retroactively for Armstrong as he meets the criteria for LTIR. Armstrong's salary alone should be able to bring up a 2 person combination with Kadri, Colbourne, Aulie or Boyce as the options. You can even do a 3 person combination if you mix those contracts properly. It should be doable I think.
Yes, for call-ups, it's their full NHL cap hit (that is, bonuses count until it's no longer possible to meet them and since this year is possibly the last year of the current CBA, there is no bonus cushion).

rojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Quote:
Well not Lombardi. He was pretty much useless, but Komi was actually playing well
thing is, this means more minutes from Schenn and based on his recent play, that's probably a good thing.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Russell Oliver
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
Can't remember ever seeing so many Injury Report threads on the same page at once..

Lombardi wrist injury I believe, and I think they said something about Komi taking a puck off the hand? Sigh..
Too bad Burke doesn't allow Leaf property to work out with Gary Roberts, seems since Burke fired the former conditioning coach who works with Roberts the Leafs and Marlies injuries have sky rocketed.

Russell Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:40 PM
ShutoutJunkie

It's about time a d-man got hurt, and if I had to pick one it would obviously have been Komisarek although it sucks that he got hurt right as he started playing a bit better than usual. With him and Grabo out I wonder who gets the other A on their jersey? Liles would be my first guess since he's the elder statesman and is producing lately.

ShutoutJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote