HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ray Emery interests building up...

Old
11-18-2011, 01:11 PM
LandofLincoln

vCash: 500
Ray Emery interests building up...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/featu...ate%3d20111118

Anybody hear any news or information?

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:12 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
If ESPN made a rumor from a HF50 post, that's just funny.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:15 PM
ChiHawk21

God it would be awesome if we could flip emery after him only playing four games...

kinda like fantasy football, pick him up and trade him whens hes at his highest value.

who would we want from toronto?

ChiHawk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:17 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Lol, I made this rumor about a week ago. The deal was Emery for a half eaten waffle. Seriously though, a 6th or 7th would do just fine.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:26 PM
EbonyRaptor

Why would we want to get rid of Emery? He's played pretty well as the backup goalie. Plus, it's not like Salak has been tearing it up in Rockford.

EbonyRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:30 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
Why would we want to get rid of Emery? He's played pretty well as the backup goalie. Plus, it's not like Salak has been tearing it up in Rockford.
How could he have any confidence after training camp? As for Emery, he's from that neck of the woods and Burke likes fiesty players so it could be an opportunity to get a decent pick from Burke, maybe even a 4th. If Bowman feels Salak can at least match Emery's performace, it's a free pick.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
LandofLincoln

Who said anything about wanting to get rid of him.

Salak's numbers in Rockford mean nothing. He just had a baby plus Rockfprd's defense is blah...

Glad Emery has been solid for us. I think we have to keep him atleast another month.

It will be interesting to see what his value might fetch us. I think a 5th rounder. I just would rather have Emery at this point in the season, but wouldn't mind seeing Salak later in the year.

I think Emery stays because he is exactly the type of insurance policy the Blackhawks wanted behind Crawford.

I would be ok going into the playoffs with Emery not happy but ok with it. I'm not sure I would be ok with Salak going into the playoffs.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

I don't even like Emery that much, but I dont' want to give up a goalie with SCF experience and a feisty attitude for another draft pick and bring up a goalie with no NHL experience. This team's on a roll right now, let's not upset the apple cart with moves that go backwards.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:37 PM
ChiHawk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
How could he have any confidence after training camp? As for Emery, he's from that neck of the woods and Burke likes fiesty players so it could be an opportunity to get a decent pick from Burke, maybe even a 4th. If Bowman feels Salak can at least match Emery's performace, it's a free pick.
ooo now hes worth a fourth...i thought he was a average ECHL goalie

ps one more game until our bet goes into action

Old
11-18-2011, 01:42 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
I would be ok going into the playoffs with Emery not happy but ok with it. I'm not sure I would be ok with Salak going into the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Back GLR View Post
I don't even like Emery that much, but I dont' want to give up a goalie with SCF experience and a feisty attitude for another draft pick and bring up a goalie with no NHL experience. This team's on a roll right now, let's not upset the apple cart with moves that go backwards.
We could get Leighton for nothing. He has Stanley Cup experience too.

Old
11-18-2011, 01:47 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post

I think the Hawks should do it for a 4th...that would be a risk but I like the gamble. I say lets keep him around and play him 2 more games on the west coast trip. Gives Crawford a few breathers.

Then the schedule gets easy for the Hawks in December. They have 2-3 weeks to give Sallak a chance and if he doesn't work I think Carruth was more ready than Simpson which should have been Simpson ahead.

Anyway, we need to start having a 2nd & 3rd goalie plan and give a few prospects 1 or 2 or even 3 games just to test the waters of what our goalie prospects can do.

We could get Leighton for nothing. He has Stanley Cup experience too. Good idea!

Old
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Bring Back GLR
Commit to the Indian

Emery= Chemistry right now. He's not playing much but another strong veteran presence in the locker room and we're playing great now. Remember the year we won, who were our goalies all year. Garbage Huet and Rookie Niemi. Now we have a somewhat proven goalie in Crawdaddy and a guy who's been there before in Emery. Let the year play out and bring up Salak as we go. No need to move the guy for another draft pick right now.

Bring Back GLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:55 PM
ChiHawk21

trade emery and bring huet back for the cup run YAAAA

JK IDIOTS

Old
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post

I second this. Why would we trade our backup who is doing exactly what we need from him at this time for a future late round pick?

That said. I'd love to see Colby Armstrong on Bollands Right Wing.

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:57 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I think the Hawks should do it for a 4th...that would be a risk but I like the gamble. I say lets keep him around and play him 2 more games on the west coast trip. Gives Crawford a few breathers.

Then the schedule gets easy for the Hawks in December. They have 2-3 weeks to give Sallak a chance and if he doesn't work I think Carruth was more ready than Simpson which should have been Simpson ahead.

Anyway, we need to start having a 2nd & 3rd goalie plan and give a few prospects 1 or 2 or even 3 games just to test the waters of what our goalie prospects can do.

We could get Leighton for nothing. He has Stanley Cup experience too. Good idea!
Niether Carruth nor Simpson could be recalled to the Hawks except on an emergency basis.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:00 PM
LandofLincoln

I love your knowledge. thanks... just out of curiousity...probably a contract thing are they available the following year?

Old
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Another thing to consider is why the Hawks would bother to trade Emery for a late pick. Their system is stocked full of quality prospects, why trade a guy who's been solid for your team and fits in the locker room well to aquire a late pick?

Now, if we were aquiring a roster player like Franson, then I could see a deal taking place.. but just for a pick? I see no point in doing it from a Hawks perspective.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Sarava

I wouldn't move Emery at this point. He's been every bit as good as Crawford so far. No need to change what is working unless the other team wants to overpay (at least a 2nd...).

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
LandofLincoln

there is no way Emery goes for anything higher than a 4th unless Bickell is thrown into the deal then ok a 2nd round pick would do it.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:08 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
I love your knowledge. thanks... just out of curiousity...probably a contract thing are they available the following year?
Simpson and Carruth both have to be signed this summer or they re-enter the draft. If they are signed, then yes they will be available to the Hawks next year.

Old
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Unless we have a solid AHL level goalie lined up, the trade would make no sense. Two goalie injuries - and those happen - would leave us with Alec Richards in net backed up by ECHL fodder/CHL prospects.

No thanks.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM
HawksFan86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiHawk21 View Post
trade emery and bring huet back for the cup run YAAAA
I think you're onto something, sending Olesz down just opened up more cap space. Now we can afford to bring Huet back while still looking to add other pieces!

HawksFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:54 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
ESPN just takes garbage off HF and other fan sites and call it rumors

Never use ESPN as a source for anything not NFL/MLB related

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:57 PM
HawkinMI

I think you guys aren't looking at this correctly. A 6th or a 7th? Why? He's been a solid backup. We should stick him in a package and attempt to land another top 6 forward from the Leafs or whoever is interested.

Grabovski? MacArthur?

HawkinMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

No interest in Grabovski or MacArthur..