HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Headed to Smashville Dec 3rd

Old
11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

vCash: 500
Headed to Smashville Dec 3rd

I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Soundgarden

Nice choice, I think I'm going to that one too. A hat and a Tee would be cheaper, so that's always a good option, or you could just go all out and get a nice Away jersey.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Nice choice, I think I'm going to that one too. A hat and a Tee would be cheaper, so that's always a good option, or you could just go all out and get a nice Away jersey.
I like the aways but the home jersey is very sharp too.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Broom of the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?
Whatever you decide to buy, I'd be happy to let you throw on my STH badge to get 20% off.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
zellthemedic

I say show up in an Atlanta jersey. If anything, just get a hat or a shirt.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

I wore my Hoss Thrash jersey to the opener. I must have had half the arena tell me they were sorry for losing the team. Awesome fans.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:49 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
Assuming you're coming up on I-24, I would say make a stop in SportSeasons in Murfreesboro, TN for Preds gear. It's about 30 miles from Nashville on 24, and way cheaper than the arena, and a good selection. At least other SportSeasons in Nashville are. I would just google the address and check it out.

http://www.sport-seasons.com/Nashvil...tors/3811/dept

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Nitrous Mafia

rep your thrash gear 4sure

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:20 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Buy a gold jersey shirt. Or buy whatever. I've already bought a jersery shirt, new home jersey, and a new hat already this season. I love stuff like that.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Oh, sure, wear your Thrashers stuff! We're very glad to have you in Nashville supporting the Preds. When you're ready to buy Preds gear, you will.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:24 PM
Filip Forceberg
Heavily Moderated

I think it's cool to see fans rocking Thrashers gear at Preds games. Have a blast in Nashville!

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Wear your gear, be proud of your team, and walk out with a hat/shirt

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Exactly. People wear gear that has nothing to do with the game. At least you will be rep'n what you love/loved. Walk in a Thrasher fan, walk out a Preds fan.

Also make sure you save some money for food because the food is awesome at the Bridge. Seriously. You can't beat pull pork BBQ nachos, buffalo chicken mac'n'cheese, or "the enforcer". http://foodandgamestv.ning.com/profi...es-bridgestone

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Exactly. People wear gear that has nothing to do with the game. At least you will be rep'n what you love/loved. Walk in a Thrasher fan, walk out a Preds fan.

Also make sure you save some money for food because the food is awesome at the Bridge. Seriously. You can't beat pull pork BBQ nachos, buffalo chicken mac'n'cheese, or "the enforcer". http://foodandgamestv.ning.com/profi...es-bridgestone
Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!
Fair enough. At the home opener last year I took a friend of mine. She had just broken up with her boyfriend and said she wanted to get drunk. I ended up spending something close to $400 on tickets + booze + a damn funnel cake she ended up vomiting back up in the parking lot of a Red Robin (we did sit two rows from the glass in the shoot twice).

At any rate, enjoy your time up here, Thrash!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:49 PM
SavageSteve

Wear you ATL gear and leave w/ a Preds shirt for sure.

Also if you get in town early enough, there are enough Living Social and Groupon deals that can ensure that you have a nice meal in town and enjoy tossing a few back at the game w/out breaking the proverbial bank. There's a great one linked to the 102.5 The Game's website for $50 worth of Neapolitan pizza et al for $25 at Bella Napoli Pizza near Vanderbilt University just off of Music Row: http://wprt.halfoffdeals.com/index.p...tail&h=5698159
I went there before Tuesday night's game and really, really liked the pizza and the service was very fast and awesome for a 'sit-down' pizza place!! Also note that there is the Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/nashville/) just up the road from the arena that also has very cheap parking for patrons and often frequented by Preds fans pre- and post-game! Plus there is also free parking if you are 'daring enough' to park by LP Field and walk over the pedestrian bridge of which I do for most home games, mainly so that I can walk-off any remaining beer-buzz I have leaving the arena!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Fans at some arenas get really ticked off when people wear "other" jerseys to the game. Don't see that attitude much here in Nashville. Sure, I notice the jerseys, but I'm just happy the 2 Chicago fans and the people in the Czech Republic and Canadian Olympic sweaters decided to come to our game last night.

Old
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:17 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.
Wow thats unreal!! I'd like to hear a review of the service come baseball season!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:37 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:29 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
I think I saw that mentioned on the Nashville news. That's a helluva deal.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.
Exactly.

I checked the menu the other night--the draft price is $9 for large and $8 for small. No idea what the amounts are in each. If you are there on Thursday, it's half of that. If you are a big drinker, then getting a ticket in the "adult option" seats is $15 more and you are allowed to get all the snacky food and beer you want (within reason and sobriety, of course). So there are options that don't require a second mortgage on the house.

Old
11-20-2011, 12:04 PM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Exactly.

I checked the menu the other night--the draft price is $9 for large and $8 for small. No idea what the amounts are in each. If you are there on Thursday, it's half of that. If you are a big drinker, then getting a ticket in the "adult option" seats is $15 more and you are allowed to get all the snacky food and beer you want (within reason and sobriety, of course). So there are options that don't require a second mortgage on the house.
Duly noted. I still think it's overpriced, but that's the way concessions are anywhere you go. I won't pay them, but then again I'm a notoriously cheap b@#!$@.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
thomas magnum

Quote:
How far of a walk is that from Commerce to the Arena?

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
How far of a walk is that from Commerce to the Arena?
a couple minutes