HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Headed to Smashville Dec 3rd

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2011, 09:54 PM
  #1
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Headed to Smashville Dec 3rd

I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:58 PM
  #2
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Nice choice, I think I'm going to that one too. A hat and a Tee would be cheaper, so that's always a good option, or you could just go all out and get a nice Away jersey.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
  #3
NSHPreds1835
Glads/Preds
 
NSHPreds1835's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Monroe GA
Country: United States
Posts: 705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Nice choice, I think I'm going to that one too. A hat and a Tee would be cheaper, so that's always a good option, or you could just go all out and get a nice Away jersey.
I like the aways but the home jersey is very sharp too.

NSHPreds1835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:09 PM
  #4
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?
Whatever you decide to buy, I'd be happy to let you throw on my STH badge to get 20% off.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:22 PM
  #5
zellthemedic
Registered User
 
zellthemedic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 296
vCash: 500
I say show up in an Atlanta jersey. If anything, just get a hat or a shirt.

zellthemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
  #6
AtlantaWhaler
Moderator
Thrash/Preds/Sabres
 
AtlantaWhaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 12,028
vCash: 500
I wore my Hoss Thrash jersey to the opener. I must have had half the arena tell me they were sorry for losing the team. Awesome fans.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 10:49 PM
  #7
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I'll be going up to Nashville December 3rd to see the Preds take on the Sabres. I don't have any Preds gear yet so not sure if I should just show up in my Thrashers jersey. I do plan on get some kind of gear while at the arena. Any suggestions though? Hat, jersey, t-shirt, beanie, hoodie?
Assuming you're coming up on I-24, I would say make a stop in SportSeasons in Murfreesboro, TN for Preds gear. It's about 30 miles from Nashville on 24, and way cheaper than the arena, and a good selection. At least other SportSeasons in Nashville are. I would just google the address and check it out.

http://www.sport-seasons.com/Nashvil...tors/3811/dept

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:06 AM
  #8
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,682
vCash: 500
rep your thrash gear 4sure

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:20 AM
  #9
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Buy a gold jersey shirt. Or buy whatever. I've already bought a jersery shirt, new home jersey, and a new hat already this season. I love stuff like that.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:54 AM
  #10
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Oh, sure, wear your Thrashers stuff! We're very glad to have you in Nashville supporting the Preds. When you're ready to buy Preds gear, you will.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 12:24 PM
  #11
Filip Forceberg
Heavily Moderated
 
Filip Forceberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,095
vCash: 500
I think it's cool to see fans rocking Thrashers gear at Preds games. Have a blast in Nashville!

Filip Forceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:21 PM
  #12
codeyh
HFB Partner
 
codeyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Cellblock 303
Country: United States
Posts: 463
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Wear your gear, be proud of your team, and walk out with a hat/shirt

codeyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
  #13
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,024
vCash: 500
Exactly. People wear gear that has nothing to do with the game. At least you will be rep'n what you love/loved. Walk in a Thrasher fan, walk out a Preds fan.

Also make sure you save some money for food because the food is awesome at the Bridge. Seriously. You can't beat pull pork BBQ nachos, buffalo chicken mac'n'cheese, or "the enforcer". http://foodandgamestv.ning.com/profi...es-bridgestone

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:16 PM
  #14
PhoneGuy
Registered User
 
PhoneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Exactly. People wear gear that has nothing to do with the game. At least you will be rep'n what you love/loved. Walk in a Thrasher fan, walk out a Preds fan.

Also make sure you save some money for food because the food is awesome at the Bridge. Seriously. You can't beat pull pork BBQ nachos, buffalo chicken mac'n'cheese, or "the enforcer". http://foodandgamestv.ning.com/profi...es-bridgestone
Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:29 PM
  #15
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 45,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!
Fair enough. At the home opener last year I took a friend of mine. She had just broken up with her boyfriend and said she wanted to get drunk. I ended up spending something close to $400 on tickets + booze + a damn funnel cake she ended up vomiting back up in the parking lot of a Red Robin (we did sit two rows from the glass in the shoot twice).

At any rate, enjoy your time up here, Thrash!

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 02:49 PM
  #16
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Wear you ATL gear and leave w/ a Preds shirt for sure.

Also if you get in town early enough, there are enough Living Social and Groupon deals that can ensure that you have a nice meal in town and enjoy tossing a few back at the game w/out breaking the proverbial bank. There's a great one linked to the 102.5 The Game's website for $50 worth of Neapolitan pizza et al for $25 at Bella Napoli Pizza near Vanderbilt University just off of Music Row: http://wprt.halfoffdeals.com/index.p...tail&h=5698159
I went there before Tuesday night's game and really, really liked the pizza and the service was very fast and awesome for a 'sit-down' pizza place!! Also note that there is the Flying Saucer (http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/nashville/) just up the road from the arena that also has very cheap parking for patrons and often frequented by Preds fans pre- and post-game! Plus there is also free parking if you are 'daring enough' to park by LP Field and walk over the pedestrian bridge of which I do for most home games, mainly so that I can walk-off any remaining beer-buzz I have leaving the arena!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 03:01 PM
  #17
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Fans at some arenas get really ticked off when people wear "other" jerseys to the game. Don't see that attitude much here in Nashville. Sure, I notice the jerseys, but I'm just happy the 2 Chicago fans and the people in the Czech Republic and Canadian Olympic sweaters decided to come to our game last night.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 05:32 PM
  #18
KevFist
is best pony
 
KevFist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Birmingham, AL
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 5,100
vCash: 500
Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 08:17 PM
  #19
SavageSteve
Registered User
 
SavageSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 457
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.
Wow thats unreal!! I'd like to hear a review of the service come baseball season!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 10:37 PM
  #20
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
Or eat before you get there so you don't have to take out a 2nd mortgage on the house...$9 for a beer/ $8 for a sandwich....seriously??!!
I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 01:29 AM
  #21
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.
I think I saw that mentioned on the Nashville news. That's a helluva deal.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 02:40 PM
  #22
Adz
Eudora Wannabe
 
Adz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hermitage TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.
Exactly.

I checked the menu the other night--the draft price is $9 for large and $8 for small. No idea what the amounts are in each. If you are there on Thursday, it's half of that. If you are a big drinker, then getting a ticket in the "adult option" seats is $15 more and you are allowed to get all the snacky food and beer you want (within reason and sobriety, of course). So there are options that don't require a second mortgage on the house.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2011, 12:04 PM
  #23
PhoneGuy
Registered User
 
PhoneGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I'll be honest I think the beer prices are a little blown out of proportion. If memory serves me correctly, a 24oz can of beer, for example, is $8.50. 24 ounces is 2 bottles. Most bars downtown will serve a beer like that for 3-4 dollars a bottle. Let's just say a place sells the bottles for 3.50, you buy two of them, that's 7 dollars plus a dollar tip (or two dollars if you want to tip per-drink). All of a sudden you're up to 8 or maybe 9 dollars.

Or you could buy a 24oz can for $8.50, not tip, get the same amount of drink, and be part of a Preds game for (what ends up being) the same price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Exactly.

I checked the menu the other night--the draft price is $9 for large and $8 for small. No idea what the amounts are in each. If you are there on Thursday, it's half of that. If you are a big drinker, then getting a ticket in the "adult option" seats is $15 more and you are allowed to get all the snacky food and beer you want (within reason and sobriety, of course). So there are options that don't require a second mortgage on the house.
Duly noted. I still think it's overpriced, but that's the way concessions are anywhere you go. I won't pay them, but then again I'm a notoriously cheap b@#!$@.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 09:49 AM
  #24
thomas magnum
Registered User
 
thomas magnum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroFist View Post
Also Atlanta based fans.... Be aware Megabus run an express between Atlanta and Nashville right now. It picks up at the Civic Center MARTA Station in Midtown and drops you off in Nashville about a block from The bridge on Commerce Street between 5th and 4th. I just priced a round trip ticket for tomorrow, and it's currently $8. travel time is 4 hours 50 minutes.
How far of a walk is that from Commerce to the Arena?

thomas magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2011, 11:14 AM
  #25
Drake744
Unregistered User
 
Drake744's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,686
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas magnum View Post
How far of a walk is that from Commerce to the Arena?
a couple minutes

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.