HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Tatanik

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
The optimism that I had a year or two back about the new blood coming into Slovak hockey is slowly passing as the awful results from the tournaments keep flooding in.. The Golden Generation really has gone.

Old
11-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Kamzik

Not sure if he still counts as youth for this thread but Jaroslav Janus stopped 25 of 27 shot last night in a 2-1 Norfolk loss to Albany. Janus is only one game short of his entire AHL total for last year, and his SV% is improved, it is over that .900 mark.

Richard Panik and Tomas Tatar are struggling a bit so far in their AHL seasons, Viedensky only has 2 GP.

Old
11-13-2011, 04:10 AM
slovakiasnextone

The U16 team lost their last game to Slovenia U18 2-4 t finish last in the tourney in Belarus, goals scored by Ferletiak (Pospíšil), Holešinský (Javorek). Tough to expect hard result from guys playing 5 games in a week that are only allowed to play max. 2 per week per SZĽH rules. And with a number of the guys only playing lower division U18 hockey in Prešov.

The U17 team lost to Russia 1-5, the lone goal scored by Juraj Šiška assisted by Adrián Sloboda. Koyš was named the Slovak PoG acc. to FHR website. Hope they can beat Switzerland tonight.

The U18 team copied their senior counterparts as they rallied to beat Germany 4-1 (3. Hrehorčák (Šimurka, Dinda), 23. Kečkeš (Štrauch), 53. Štrauch (Horanský, Paleček) - 3:0, 58. Šoltés (Dinda) ) to seal the win in the Denmark tournament. Belarus, Denmark and Germany not the strongest of opponents, but these days it´s great to see a Slovak team to win any tournament, plus Denmark and Germany are both playing a division higher than we are this year.

The U20 team however lost 1-3 against Norway (!) and finished last in the home tournament, the lone goal scored by Marko Daňo. Overall Tomko´s team combined for only 7 goals in teh whole tournament and the two non-Orange players combined for three of those. That´s what you get for prefering players just because they play in Púchov, Mr. Tomko. (Not saying that had he called others they´d have won or anything though).

To have some positive news , Tomáš Jurčo has 5 points in his last 2 games as he had 1+1 last night against Halifax. Looking at the WJC ahead of us, I really really hope he goes on one of his hot streaks during that tourney.

Btw this thread already has over 1000 posts shouldn´t it be locked and shouldn´t we get a new one?

Old
11-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiasnextone View Post
To have some positive news , Tomáš Jurčo has 5 points in his last 2 games as he had 1+1 last night against Halifax. Looking at the WJC ahead of us, I really really hope he goes on one of his hot streaks during that tourney.
D
Further to that, Marek Tvrdon scored the overtime winner last night in Vancouver's win over Kelowna with a nice individual effort. He had missed the previous game due to illness.

Old
11-13-2011, 12:46 PM
slovakiasnextone

The U17 team lost 1-2 to the Swiss
Just 2 goals in 3 games...

Old
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
slovakiasnextone

An interesting proposal for cooperation for the U15 (1997 born) team.

Old
11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Indian

I have a funny feeling SZĽH won't find money for that.

And another funny thing a noticed while watching Saint John Sea Dogs youtube channel and a recap of sea dogs vs mooseheads game where at the end there is an interview with Stephen MacAulay who has a t-shirt with sea dogs logo and a sentence in slovak saying: "Tam nebudú žiadne slová!".

Old
11-18-2011, 03:03 AM
slovakiasnextone

CSS has released their preliminary rankings for the 2012 NHL draft:

SLOVAKIA
1. D Patrik Luža HC Slovan Bratislava
3. F Denis Šimek HK Trnava
4. D Ľubomír Dinda HK Poprad
5. F Daniel Rzavský HK Nitra
6. F Peter Hrehorčák HK Poprad
7. D Peter Šohajda HK 36 Skalica
8. F Andreas Štracuh HK Poprad
9. D Richard Buri HK Nitra
10.F Ján Blaško HK Trenčín
1. G Richard Sabol HC 05 Banská Bystrica

RUSSIA
36. F Richard Mráz Lev Poprad
40. Karol Csanyi Lev Poprad

I guess we will be really happy when someone gets drafted at all this year.....Sounds like Sabol is having a good year...

Since the U17 team only gets to play at the U17 WHC every other year, it seems like they found an interesting substitute- the inaugural 2011 World Sports School Challenge. Except for Slovakia U17 the teams also include Finland U17, Shattuck-St.Mary´s, Okanagan Hockey Academy, Edge School for Athletes and Pursuit of Hockey Excellence Hockey Academy. It´s no WHC, but I guess much better than no tourney at all or than playing someone whom they always play like Germany for example. (no disrespect to them, just saying it´s better to get some other experience as well).

Talking about the U17s it seems that Tomáš Torok is finally back as he played for Zvolen´s U20 team in yesterday´s game.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

What a game from Marek Tvrdoň last night as he scored 2 goals, added 3 assists and was a +3, named first star in a 11-3 win over Victoria. In November he has 13 points in 6 games so far (compared to 3 in 4 in Sept and 14 in 12 in Oct). It´s pretty amazing considered how much time he missed last season.

Also Tomáš Tatar had his first multipoint game last night as he got 2 assists.

Also Tomáš Jurčo is on an another of his streaks as he has 6G+4A in his last 6 games.

In the light of last week´s U20 disaster, but still having in mind that about half the team will probably (hopefully?) be changed for the actual WJC tourney, how do you guys see our chances to make the QF?

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 11-19-2011 at 02:09 AM.
Old
11-19-2011, 02:47 AM
zorz

Any ideas what's with Reway?

Old
11-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Indian

I've read he is injured when they invited him to some camp.

Old
11-19-2011, 04:21 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
I've read he is injured when they invited him to some camp.
AFAIK:
he was sick for the U17 3 games against the Finns, suspended for 3 weeks by Sparta for unknown reason and when he should have returned he has a broken finger or something.....not sure how true any of this is though....

Old
11-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
AFAIK:
he was sick for the U17 3 games against the Finns, suspended for 3 weeks by Sparta for unknown reason and when he should have returned he has a broken finger or something.....not sure how true any of this is though....
stopped coming to school
some trouble with finger, maybe broken, I´m not sure

Old
11-19-2011, 02:14 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
stopped coming to school
some trouble with finger, maybe broken, I´m not sure
Stopped coming to school? Gee, any idea why?
I hate writing this without knowing anythign for sure, but that sounds kinda like I´m a big star already, so i do not need to go to school....

Old
11-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Czechexpert

Quote:
Stopped coming to school? Gee, any idea why?
I hate writing this without knowing anythign for sure, but that sounds kinda like I´m a big star already, so i do not need to go to school....
Have no clue

Old
11-19-2011, 04:37 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechexpert View Post
Have no clue
This kid sounds like an interesting dude to say the least.....but I´m not sure whether it´s any good for his career....

Old
11-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Kamzik

Marek Tvrdon with 2 goals and 3 assists in Vancouver's 11-3 win over VIC on Friday night. With 30 points, he now has a comfortable lead in the WHL rookie scoring race. Fourth on that list and first among rookie defenceman is Martin Gernat.

Closed Thread