HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Colorado Ava...Lake Erie Monsters Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2011, 11:47 AM
niwotsblessing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
Monsters with a 4-1 win tonight.

Brophy with the hattrick, Stoa scored the other goal, Barrie had an assist, and Desjardins had 27 saves.

Desjardins is now 3-2 with a 1.41 GAA and .953 SV%
Good on Brophey.

Stoa did this last year too, didn't score until November then played like he deserved a call-up. Of course, Duchene didn't play well until November either.

Old
11-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Frank Booth

Stoa being called up too early is a part of his current situation, but obviously not all of it. BTW, he reacted as if he scored the winning goal in game 7 of the Stanley cup finals when he scored Friday. Disgusting. He was getting laughed at by the fans in that end. He got slaughtered in a fight at the end of the first. After that he was his old self. Soft as a pillow.

As for Haydar, since it was brought up again, the arena staff usually speaks well of all the guys, how nice they are, how humble and accommodating they are. But not Haydar. He was rude, surly, and condescending to a lot of people. And he didn't make many friends in the locker room, either, from what's been reported. Sulking about Stoa's call up is one well-known example. A toilet best left flushed.

Old
11-13-2011, 07:29 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Booth View Post
They haven't stood out much. They each need at least a full year in the AHL before even thinking about bringing them up. Gaunce has gone backwards this year, and a lot of that is due to the yo-yo effect of last season. That's what killed Stoa's career, calling him up WAY too early. He has never recovered from that, and Gaunce is possibly heading down that road. IMO, of course.
IDK, i think too much is made of success at the AHL level, you dont know what a player will do until they play in the NHL, in the regular season. Shattenkirk is a great example of this. Whatever Stoa does from here on out is moot. He can go on an dominate the AHL but I dont think he's an NHL player.

Old
11-16-2011, 06:52 PM
AvsFan7*

Desjardins having a great start, incredibly excited about this, IMO we have 3 very good NHL level goalies available to play, so if Varly or Giggy go down with an injury I really think Desjardins can step in and play very well!!!

This might be a bit crazy, but I think Desjardins could be the Avs starter in a few years, if Varly does pan out and we end up trading him, I really think Desjardins will be a #1 goalie in 2-3 years!!!

Old
11-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Nzap
Insert clever phrase

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post
Desjardins having a great start, incredibly excited about this, IMO we have 3 very good NHL level goalies available to play, so if Varly or Giggy go down with an injury I really think Desjardins can step in and play very well!!!

This might be a bit crazy, but I think Desjardins could be the Avs starter in a few years, if Varly does pan out and we end up trading him, I really think Desjardins will be a #1 goalie in 2-3 years!!!
The problem here is that if we call him up and he plays lights out, we must send him back through waivers if we want to do so. Unless one goalie is a healthy scratch of course.

Old
11-16-2011, 09:35 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan7 View Post

Unfortunately this is Desjardins' third organization, so I'm not holding my breath. You never know, Tim Thomas didn't become an elite netminder until he was well into his 30s, but I doubt he'll ever be more than a very good backup, a la Johan Hedberg.

I am thrilled though that the Monsters finally have an excellent young goalie and the Avs have a halfway decent emergency callup

Old
11-18-2011, 06:05 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
I'd like to see the Avs pickup Krys Kolanos for Lake Erie, he was putting up points at a pretty good clip before he got released from the tryout contract with the Flames AHL club. It couldn't hurt to add some offense for the farm team.

Old
11-18-2011, 06:29 PM
agentblack

vCash: 70
I know you should never wish an injury on someone, but Im hoping either Lindstrom or ROB gets knocked out for a couple of games so we can bring up Mauldin and or Elliot.

Old
11-19-2011, 03:06 AM
MonsterSurge

Hey, all. I'm knew to the site. I'm a Penguins fan, but my AHL team is Lake Erie since it's pretty close to Pittsburgh.

Old
11-19-2011, 06:12 AM
IceCapsFanNL

Hi all,

IceCaps fan checking in on a friendly visit. I've been playing around with some stats on average attendance vs seating capacity. From what I can see your barn has a curtain system for hockey. My question is it used consistantly? what does it look like, is there a link to a picture.

Go Monsters!! Especially against the Bulldogs and the (hated around here) Marlies.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
Kloparren
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroSunshine View Post
I know you should never wish an injury on someone, but Im hoping either Lindstrom or ROB gets knocked out for a couple of games so we can bring up Mauldin and or Elliot.
Unfortunately, Hunwick is likely to play when one guy gets injured. That's why we're only gonna see one of Barrie/Elliot this year probably unless more than two dmen get injured at the same time. Of course you'd think they'd be brought up anyways with one as maybe a 7th d to add some needed mobility to the defence but Sacco/Sherman don't play players based on merit.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Foppa Frossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Unfortunately, Hunwick is likely to play when one guy gets injured. That's why we're only gonna see one of Barrie/Elliot this year probably unless more than two dmen get injured at the same time. Of course you'd think they'd be brought up anyways with one as maybe a 7th d to add some needed mobility to the defence but Sacco/Sherman don't play players based on merit.
I don't want either of them to be a 7th D. They should be getting top minutes every night in LE.

Old
11-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_snabb_svensk View Post
I don't want either of them to be a 7th D. They should be getting top minutes every night in LE.
Agreed, it wouldn't be very smart to make those two sit in the box, that would really hurt their development IMHO.

Old
11-19-2011, 04:17 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Agreed, it wouldn't be very smart to make those two sit in the box, that would really hurt their development IMHO.
Probably gonna be Liffiton getting the callup like last year then.

Old
11-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Sure hope Luke Walker makes his way to the big leagues someday. A guy who can grow a Movember 'stache that awesome has GOT to be NHL caliber!

http://lakeeriemonsters.com/news/new...rticle_id=1412

Old
11-21-2011, 07:30 PM
chet1926

So any news on Hishon? I had read he was skating, is he close to returning? or is it more a Mueller type thing where we hear he is getting close only to find out he is nowhere close and about to go on IR. Really want to see what this kid can do, I think the Avs had really planned on him making the squad this year as a winger.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Orwell1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
So any news on Hishon? I had read he was skating, is he close to returning? or is it more a Mueller type thing where we hear he is getting close only to find out he is nowhere close and about to go on IR. Really want to see what this kid can do, I think the Avs had really planned on him making the squad this year as a winger.
Read on his former Jr. team forum that someone from is hometown is saying he is not dealing with a concussion issue but has a neck problem. Not sure one is any better than the other but thought I'd pass it along. No timetable for a return.

Old
11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyyy View Post
Read on his former Jr. team forum that someone from is hometown is saying he is not dealing with a concussion issue but has a neck problem. Not sure one is any better than the other but thought I'd pass it along. No timetable for a return.
Sounds like whiplash-related issues, which can present themselves like a concussion. Jason Allison's career was more or less ended due to this.

Old
11-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

At first I commended the Avs for getting defensemen so as not to rush the development of our prospects, but it sure looks like that's going to happen anyway. The piece looks like pure speculation, but it's obvious to anyone this D just ain't cutting it as is.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_19403960

Even if EJ gets healthy, the lack of puckmoving ability on this blueline is atrocious.

Last edited by Av-merican: 11-25-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old
11-25-2011, 04:31 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Stat wise Elliott looks great; 18 GP, 9 P, +5. Hoping he gets his chance really soon with the Avalanche.

Old
11-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Stat wise Elliott looks great; 18 GP, 9 P, +5. Hoping he gets his chance really soon with the Avalanche.
He will. VERY soon I imagine.

Old
11-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Barrie has 7 points and is a -7. Anybody who follows the Monsters able to tell whether the two young D are playing different roles? Is Barrie being relied upon for defensive or all around duties while Elliott is being used in more offensive situations? Plus minus isn't the end all be all stat, but it's tough to think the two kids are playing in that different of roles, and not compare the two.

Old
11-25-2011, 07:33 PM
chet1926

So why isn't Elliott in the line-up for Lake Erie tonight?...maybe he's getting a call up?

Old
11-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
A call up is the talk coming from the Monsters camp, but no official word from the Avs.

Old
11-25-2011, 10:10 PM
falconski
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
A call up is the talk coming from the Monsters camp, but no official word from the Avs.
this makes me worry about the EJ injury

Closed Thread