HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Boardish

vCash: 500
What's up xenophobia! Long time no see!

Last edited by Boardish: 11-19-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old
11-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I'm going too far...maybe. We'll see.

In the end I do want him to help our Habs (obviously) but I feel like an idiot waiting and waiting for Markov (5,75mil/year for ''where's Markov?''). And then when he finally answers a few questions it seems like he's suffering so much (such a tough life answering a few ****ing questions from the media).

Go Markov Go (help our Habs)...end of November? maybe, maybe not. December? Maybe, maybe not. End of December? We'll see.

In a nutshell...Markov = Injury Thread.

Gotta love the waiting game.

Old
11-19-2011, 11:53 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
I'm going too far...maybe. We'll see.

In the end I do want him to help our Habs (obviously) but I feel like an idiot waiting and waiting for Markov (5,75mil/year for ''where's Markov?''). And then when he finally answers a few questions it seems like he's suffering so much (such a tough life answering a few ****ing questions from the media).

Go Markov Go (help our Habs)...end of November? maybe, maybe not. December? Maybe, maybe not. End of December? We'll see.

In a nutshell...Markov = Injury Thread.

Gotta love the waiting game.
You take yourself way too seriously...at the end of the day you make some valid points, but unless you are in line for the GM job when PG gets fired, you take yourself too...oh I already said that...

Old
11-19-2011, 12:00 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You need detoxification badly. I hope there are no nervous system sequelae.
You're right...I'll have what some Hab fans are having on the regular Habs menu. The ''sheet on Gomez'' dish. That way I'll blend in well with many Hab fans.

Gomez injury: day to day or 7 to 10 days. Always comes back. Has a great attitude and is always very pleasant in interviews (I actually find it very hard to hate him and all of his teammates would agree on this, I'm pretty sure).

Markov injury: see you next year or in a year a half or never. Don't forget to pick up your paycheck for your services (rehab). So unpleasant in interviews...great bonus.

Only one way for this to end well...Markov has to play well for our Habs and especially in playoffs (show up). Don't want to see him in the injury thread anymore (retirement thread would be better for our Habs! so we can all move on).

Old
11-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Jigger77

Personally I just don't think about Markov until I see him on the ice anymore.

But some people have forgotten just how much he elevates the entire team when he's playing. He really does put the Habs on another level.

Old
11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Markov's absence has nothing to do with sleeping with anyone's wife or kicking a dog...he just simply doesn't help our Habs.
Would love to have another Gorges over useless (never there) Markov.

5,75mil/year so we can hope for the best. **** that.

I'd find a way to let him go and find a solid top 4 dman who can show up and not always be in rehab (3 seasons now).

Markov is not the best. 3-4 seasons ago?!
I can't even remember the last time he played a full season and actually showed up for playoffs to play like he wants to win (and he's definitely not a playoffs player so I don't know what all the ''he's the best'' talk is all about).

I can't wait till we don't have to wait for Markov anymore (when he retires?). Fed up of waiting for him and for what...for his miserable face to answer ''next question'' to journalists. It looks like he's suffering when journalists ask him about a time-frame (only normal to ask about a time frame, especially after 3 ****ing seasons of waiting).

I can't be the only one who is tired of hearing ''when he is healthy he is the best'' (no he's not! and it's been 3 seasons that he is not the best or healthy).

He's damaged goods. He's here to collect his paycheck and go back to Russia.

6 mil a year and it looks so difficult to answer 2-3 questions (such an unpleasant ****).

Everyone here loves throwing rocks at Gomez but when it's Markov everyone here is ready to line-up and wipe Markov's *** after he is done with #2. I don't get it. The anti-Gomez club is probably the same ones who booed Price many times and also booed Patrick Roy out of town (Roy only won 2 Cups in '86 and '93 and also got our Habs in the Cup Finals in '89, but yet was booed).

I hope the Habs find a way next season to get rid of his 5,75mil/year for another 2 seasons.

You'd think Markov was Ray Bourque around here! (Bourque was a playoff warrior and showed up).

Damaged goods. He's just going to put the effort to play 10 or 20 games per season to collect the rest of his 3 year contract.

p.s.: I hope I'm wrong! (gulp!) 'cause everytime I become happy about Markov he gets injured and takes forever to come back (and comes back for 10 or 20 games only). False hope?
You know you shouldn't speak out against Markov he is the bomb baby lol I think it was a terrible signing he has payed 20 games or less over the past 2 seasons + I think that money should have gone elsewhere honestly.

Old
11-19-2011, 12:48 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
You know you shouldn't speak out against Markov he is the bomb baby lol I think it was a terrible signing he has payed 20 games or less over the past 2 seasons + I think that money should have gone elsewhere honestly.
Where and to who exactly ?

Old
11-19-2011, 12:50 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
Where and to who exactly ?
Well WIZ for starters he is a PP QB that would help our ailing PP for starters plus he is um lets see HEALTHY and playing unlike Markov who is still just skating with the team and one misstep away from another season ending injury.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Gally11

On the plus side all this downtime has made Markov huge lol.. Can't wait to see if this added size is evident on the ice, might make him a little harder to knock down in corners.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:16 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Well WIZ for starters he is a PP QB that would help our ailing PP for starters plus he is um lets see HEALTHY and playing unlike Markov who is still just skating with the team and one misstep away from another season ending injury.
Fail ! Wiz is not worth what he is getting. Sorry. Next.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:18 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Fail ! Wiz is not worth what he is getting. Sorry. Next.
Are you saying Markov is???

Old
11-19-2011, 01:20 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Yes / of discussion.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:22 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
A sub 6m caphit for a player of his talent and caliber, yes.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:23 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Yes / of discussion.
LOL take those blinders off Markov isn't worth 1/3 of what he signed for hell I would have taken Boumeester or Ed Jovanovski before that deal we signed Markov to even Brian McCabe would have been a better signing at this point.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:24 PM
coolasprICE

Quote:
Yes / of discussion.
to use your lingo,

fail.

Right now odds are Markov will be a battered injury prone player who is more likely not able to be the player he was.

Whether he`ll remain healthy and regain top 2 form is a bigger question mark

edit: sorry, Im being too critical, too glass is half empty, I`m not a loyal fan... Please take back what I said. Markov will regain his form and he`ll remain healthy and no longer have lingering health issues.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
You're right...I'll have what some Hab fans are having on the regular Habs menu. The ''sheet on Gomez'' dish. That way I'll blend in well with many Hab fans.

Gomez injury: day to day or 7 to 10 days. Always comes back. Has a great attitude and is always very pleasant in interviews (I actually find it very hard to hate him and all of his teammates would agree on this, I'm pretty sure).

Markov injury: see you next year or in a year a half or never. Don't forget to pick up your paycheck for your services (rehab). So unpleasant in interviews...great bonus.

Only one way for this to end well...Markov has to play well for our Habs and especially in playoffs (show up). Don't want to see him in the injury thread anymore (retirement thread would be better for our Habs! so we can all move on).
Totally out of line.

Its not his fault his knee is damaged (some will argue otherwise ).

He is not miserable, just frustrated... and he understandably does not want to make any promises.

He has a typical Russian demeanor. Its a cultural thing. (Ovechkin is not the norm)

Let him have a 3 point game... then you will see him cheer up.

Patience by all is required at this point.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:26 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
A sub 6m caphit for a player of his talent and caliber, yes.
His calibre over the last 3 seasons has been nothing he hasn't played and is injured more than anything. I don't care what he DID when we had him healthy he is an injury waiting to happen when he gets back, and at 5.75 per thanks but we may as well have put that money in a pile at centre ice at the bell and set it on fire.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:32 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
His calibre over the last 3 seasons has been nothing he hasn't played and is injured more than anything. I don't care what he DID when we had him healthy he is an injury waiting to happen when he gets back, and at 5.75 per thanks but we may as well have put that money in a pile at centre ice at the bell and set it on fire.
Seems harsh? Wonder if the Pens fans feel the same way about Crosbyand his collecting his 8.7M?

Anyhow, everyone knows we are a much better team with Markov, we just need him back and to stay healthy...at least most Habs fans...

Old
11-19-2011, 01:37 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Calm the hell down, it's not your money. It's not even the Molsons' money, Markov's getting insurance money.

Knee injuries are devastating and freak accidents, you really don't get that do you?

You Markov bashers make the fanbase look bad and bi-polar. Shut the hell up until he's back on the ice.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

I really don't get the hate on Markov. The guy has played amazing for the Habs, has been one of our best player for years, he has bad luck with injuries... I understand this is business, but the right move was to support him through his recovery. He CAN be a good defenseman again, and I wouldn't count against him being one of the best defenseman again.

A lot of people writing him off so soon (and saying some pretty nasty things) will probably (most likely, in my opinion) look like complete idiots in a few weeks.

I'm not fond of his contract. But I'm glad he's with the team. I'm really looking forward to his return.

And for Christ's sake... Don't get started with Wiz's. The guy got an awful, AWFUL contract. I'm way happier with Markov's even if he's not playing. I'd rather wager on his return than be stuck with Wisniewski's 6-years contract. We already have enough bad contracts as it is. Worst case, at least Markov comes off the books in 3 years, maybe earlier if he has to retire. Wiz is definitely not worth his salary, and certainly not for that many years. People are making him out to be a lot better than he actually was just because they're looking at excuses to bash on Gauthier or Markov. What he brings to the team is basically the same as Weber. He's a meh defenseman in his own zone, with a great shot to support the PP. It's not like he was even that physical. He's not the kind of guy you should build your PP around because he needs someone to pass him the puck.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:40 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
I really don't get the hate on Markov. The guy has played amazing for the Habs, has been one of our best player for years, he has bad luck with injuries... I understand this is business, but the right move was to support him through his recovery. He CAN be a good defenseman again, and I wouldn't count against him being one of the best defenseman again.

A lot of people writing him off so soon (and saying some pretty nasty things, in my opinion) will probably (most likely, in my opinion) look like complete idiots in a few weeks.

I'm not fond of his contract. But I'm glad he's with the team. I'm really looking forward to his return.

And for Christ's sake... Don't get started with Wiz's. The guy got an awful, AWFUL contract. I'm way happier with Markov's even if he's not playing. I'd rather wager on his return than be stuck with Wisniewski's 6-years contract. We already have enough bad contracts as it is. Worst case, at least Markov comes off the books in 3 years, maybe earlier if he has to retire. Wiz is definitely not worth his salary, and certainly not for that many years. People are making him out to be a lot better than he actually was just because they're looking at excuses to bash on Gauthier or Markov. What he brings to the team is basically the same as Weber. He's a meh defenseman in his own zone, with a great shot to support the PP. It's not like he was even that physical. He's not the kind of guy you should build your PP around because he needs someone to pass him the puck.
The answer is pretty easy. They are bandwagon fans, who have been only following the team for a year or two and are clueless.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Lshap

Fair to say Markov's big contract had fans expecting him to be there at the beginning of the season and start earning it.

Fair to say management didn't count on Markov having a setback in September.

Fair to say that after his setback, making sure he recovered to 100% became the best available option.

Fair to say he's been out so long it's hard to imagine him back. And fair to say there are no guarantees of anything once he is back.

But -- also fair to say -- it is logical to assume that once he steps onto the ice at game time, he will be as healthy as any other player, except he'll have a skill set of very, very few players.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:48 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post

A lot of people writing him off so soon (and saying some pretty nasty things) will probably (most likely, in my opinion) look like complete idiots in a few weeks.

I am not saying I don't want Markov on teh team I just don't want him here at 5.75. With the injuroes he has had we should have offered him 1 to 1.5 for 1 year to see how he does then extend him based on his play. I have said that since the end of the season last year and many on here know me and will attest to the fact that Markov's contract is a bone of contention for myself and I am sure others. I know people will say at 1 to 1.5 that is laughable but if Markov is truly wanting to stay here and prove himself why wouldn't he sign for that and then work towards a bigger payday.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:55 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
I am not saying I don't want Markov on teh team I just don't want him here at 5.75. With the injuroes he has had we should have offered him 1 to 1.5 for 1 year to see how he does then extend him based on his play. I have said that since the end of the season last year and many on here know me and will attest to the fact that Markov's contract is a bone of contention for myself and I am sure others. I know people will say at 1 to 1.5 that is laughable but if Markov is truly wanting to stay here and prove himself why wouldn't he sign for that and then work towards a bigger payday.
It's laughable because you have no idea about anything you're talking about.

How many players, in the history of the game, have taken a 500% reduction in salary "just to prove they could play"? Montreal management knows better than you do, the signed him knowing he wouldn't play the full season... end of story.

The ignore list grows yet again.

Old
11-19-2011, 01:56 PM
jonas2244

If you'd have offered him 1-1.5 he'd be gone and probably play somewhere else. 5.75 for 3 years is a risk, but I think it's worth it.

Closed Thread