HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund Rumours Thread: Enter at your own risk v2.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2011, 01:56 PM
  #176
DJ Breadman
Registered User
 
DJ Breadman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Newfoundland
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Some of your proposals are crazy, Carter doesn't have that high a value right now, he has had multiple injuries, has a bad reputation as a party animal, has asked for a trade from Columbus already, bob mac said on his twitter the guy has been miserable since leaving philly and needs to come back and play well before he can be traded cause the jackets wouldn't get a high return for him right now. I would stay far away from this guy unless the price is very low.

DJ Breadman is online now  
Old
11-19-2011, 01:57 PM
  #177
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Assuming Price, PK, Markov, Plecks and Patches are untouchable, we still have a ton of players we could use to trade for a top tier player, not just Carter.

Without affecting our core too much, we could trade Eller, AK, Weber, Diaz, Emelin, Campoli etc. If we need to step up the offer, Cammy and Gio can also be included in as a core feature. We also have some good prospects in Beaulieu, Tinordi, Leblanc as well as picks we could use as chips.

We have assets to acquire a top tier player and if we demote Gomez, we can also have the cap space in spades for any players in the NHL. I think these trade scenarios become more realistic then they are right now, imo.
Please oh please Lord. Never trade Beaulieu.

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:02 PM
  #178
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,221
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Some of your proposals are crazy, Carter doesn't have that high a value right now, he has had multiple injuries, has a bad reputation as a party animal, has asked for a trade from Columbus already, bob mac said on his twitter the guy has been miserable since leaving philly and needs to come back and play well before he can be traded cause the jackets wouldn't get a high return for him right now. I would stay far away from this guy unless the price is very low.
Nice try, because he had a bad start and an injury doesn't mean his value goes down, he is still one of the best young players in the league and he has a cap friendly contract for years. He is worth a lot and I would be very interested in him

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:16 PM
  #179
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,181
vCash: 500
From the times I remember watching Carter I remember him as a beast.

I can just imagine a line of Cole-Carter-Pacioretty.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:22 PM
  #180
Frank Doby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
From the times I remember watching Carter I remember him as a beast.

I can just imagine a line of Cole-Carter-Pacioretty.
It would a terrible Line for opponents.

Frank Doby is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:25 PM
  #181
larrypacman8167
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
i like the player but............12 year contract + 5M a year or so + often injured + questinable charactere = too dangerous of a trade

larrypacman8167 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:28 PM
  #182
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,724
vCash: 500
If you think what Columbus gave up for Carter, you're looking at Voracek who's not exactly a top tier player, a #8 first rounder and a 3rd.

By the numbers, AK & Eller plus a late pick should be more then enough compensation to get Carter. No need to give up the farm.

I'm just trying to make the point that we don't need to give up a PK or other combo where we give up the farm for Carter.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:34 PM
  #183
Lions999
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Please dont trade Eller for Carter,Eller will be a better player and if JM used him right he probably hit 20 goals but he hasn`t and dont forget he is only 21.

Lions999 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:37 PM
  #184
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If you think what Columbus gave up for Carter, you're looking at Voracek who's not exactly a top tier player, a #8 first rounder and a 3rd.

By the numbers, AK & Eller plus a late pick should be more then enough compensation to get Carter. No need to give up the farm.

I'm just trying to make the point that we don't need to give up a PK or other combo where we give up the farm for Carter.
Agreed. Plus we're not in any shape to trade away any defensemen and especially not our most used one.

Of course just saying that for fun because I would eat my hat if Carter was traded to Montreal any time soon.

Jigger77 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:39 PM
  #185
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Doby View Post
It would a terrible Line for opponents.
You want to talk about hard to contain. Wow. It would be like the legion of doom 2.0.


Jigger77 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:39 PM
  #186
Ginu
Registered User
 
Ginu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
From the times I remember watching Carter I remember him as a beast.

I can just imagine a line of Cole-Carter-Pacioretty.
Cole can create on his own by driving to the net, but Pacioretty plays more in the slot. He may benefit playing with a playmaking center like Plekanec as would Cammalleri. Put Cole with Carter and Gionta.

With that said, it ain't happening. We'd have to get rid of Gomez to accomodate that contract and trade Eller, which makes Desharnais our 3rd line center and he's too small for it. On the top 2 lines he's fine, but 3rd line?

Ginu is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:39 PM
  #187
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions999 View Post
Please dont trade Eller for Carter,Eller will be a better player and if JM used him right he probably hit 20 goals but he hasn`t and dont forget he is only 21.
I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:52 PM
  #188
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Seriously !!! Cole-Carter-Patches

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
  #189
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Eller for Carter, so lop sided in Montreal favor. These posts make me laugh... Sure! now they're just all of a sudden giving out power forwards like candy.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
  #190
Delat
Registered User
 
Delat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,160
vCash: 500
What is it with the need to always trade. The NHL is not a fantasy league, you don't trade for the sake of trading. Carter's salary is huge, I don't want any of that contract. We already have Gomez, let's not get another overpaid guy, as soon as he'll have 4-5 bad games in a row it'll be a bash fest.

Delat is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
  #191
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Eller for Carter, so lop sided in Montreal favor. These posts make me laugh... Sure! now they're just all of a sudden giving out power forwards like candy.
I don't think people meant Eller for Carter straight up.. I'm sure everyone here knows it would take more than Eller to get Carter.

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:09 PM
  #192
Frank Doby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Carter is going anywhere. Sorry for the deception guys: http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...be-traded.html

Frank Doby is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:13 PM
  #193
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,975
vCash: 500
Not only do I think Carter won't be traded, but to think that if he were, that Columbus would move him for Eller and 1st or any other combo of spare parts is just silly.

Andy is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:20 PM
  #194
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I don't think people meant Eller for Carter straight up.. I'm sure everyone here knows it would take more than Eller to get Carter.
Realistically even is Carter was to be traded(he won't this season) We would have to unload a ton of Cap space to get him. Not Possible! Unless they would take Eller & Markov...Forget about it!

Player 61 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:37 PM
  #195
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
Realistically even is Carter was to be traded(he won't this season) We would have to unload a ton of Cap space to get him. Not Possible! Unless they would take Eller & Markov...Forget about it!
Love the ! for effect..

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:38 PM
  #196
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Love the ! for effect..
LOl, I've given up on throwing in Gomez.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:40 PM
  #197
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs23 View Post
LOl, I've given up on throwing in Gomez.
As in throwing in a river or in the ocean you mean?

sheed36 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:44 PM
  #198
WestIslander
Registered User
 
WestIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 500
I would trade either Tinordi or Beaulieu with Desharnais or Weber and a 1st round draft pick to them for Carter in a heart beat and our top nine might look like this:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Carter - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Eller

WestIslander is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:49 PM
  #199
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,162
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
As in throwing in a river or in the ocean you mean?
Ah! Either, or...

Player 61 is offline  
Old
11-19-2011, 03:51 PM
  #200
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,804
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestIslander View Post
I would trade either Tinordi or Beaulieu with Desharnais or Weber and a 1st round draft pick to them for Carter in a heart beat and our top nine might look like this:

Cammalleri - Plekanec - Cole
Pacioretty - Carter - Gionta
Kostitsyn - Gomez - Eller

habitue* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.