HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New HF Organizational Rankings

Old
11-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Did you forget the sarcasm smiley?

None of those things are true or even relevant except that Reimer is a goalie playing in the NHL.

Gardiner is two years older than Erixon and Erixon has already been a top defenseman in a men's league; the second or third best league in the world. I think we invited Gardiner to our camp a few years ago. Id put my money on him not being anything special.

Colborne is two years older than Thomas and is still only having a great start to a season in the AHL. How is that worlds ahead? Thomas is actually WORLDS AHEAD of where Colborne was at the SAME AGE.

Again, a completely irrelevant comparison. It's like saying Gaborik is "worlds better" than Nugent Hopkins because he has soooo many more points!!

Kadri being a better prospect than Kreider is arguable at best. Kreider has better speed and size. The hands are comparable, but Kadri doesnt seem like he has much hockey sense and is a me me me player. I dont think many people would take Kadri over Kreider right now. Oh, and guess what. Kadri is a year older than Kreider. Anyone notice a trend here?

Just because Toronto's superstar better than Lundqvist MONSTER goalie completely sucks and they had no choice but to give Reimer the reigns doesn't mean that he's any better than Cam Talbot. It's not because talbot isn't good enough that he's not in the NHL right now. It's because we actually have two other world class goalies.
I didn't realize we invited Anaheim's draft pick to our camp a few years ago. What a strange occurrence! Jake Gardiner is less than a year older than Tim Erixon. Do you know who we're talking about here?

I tend not to look at prospect's potential when comparing them. I look at where they are right now. When looking at a prospect on his own, his potential is important. But far more prospects, no matter the potential, level off at 19 years old than don't. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, Colborne is a better prospect to have in the system than Thomas. That could easily change. This is not a comparison that I would make out of the blue. They're both the #2 forward in the respective top 5s, and that's the only reason I made the comparison.

The Kadri/Kreider thing is more easily debatable, so we'll leave that one alone.

Reimer has been given the reigns partially by default, but he's also done very well with those reigns so I'm not sure where it matters that he got them by default or not. He still earned the spot coming into this year and he's something that the Rangers absolutely do not have in their system.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 03:41 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
I didn't realize we invited Anaheim's draft pick to our camp a few years ago. What a strange occurrence! Jake Gardiner is less than a year older than Tim Erixon. Do you know who we're talking about here?

I tend not to look at prospect's potential when comparing them. I look at where they are right now. When looking at a prospect on his own, his potential is important. But far more prospects, no matter the potential, level off at 19 years old than don't. Right now, as far as I'm concerned, Colborne is a better prospect to have in the system than Thomas. That could easily change. This is not a comparison that I would make out of the blue. They're both the #2 forward in the respective top 5s, and that's the only reason I made the comparison.

The Kadri/Kreider thing is more easily debatable, so we'll leave that one alone.

Reimer has been given the reigns partially by default, but he's also done very well with those reigns so I'm not sure where it matters that he got them by default or not. He still earned the spot coming into this year and he's something that the Rangers absolutely do not have in their system.
The one thing that skews the comparison in our favor IMO is the McDonagh is still a prospect by HF standards. He is clearly ahead of Gardiner.

11-19-2011, 04:08 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post

Reimer has been given the reigns partially by default, but he's also done very well with those reigns so I'm not sure where it matters that he got them by default or not. He still earned the spot coming into this year [B]and he's something that the Rangers absolutely do not have in their system.
Have to disagree with the bolded part. Reimer is an average goalie. He's big. He takes up lots of net. He's pretty athletic.

Cam Talbot and Chad Johnson arent guys who could come in and play for some NHL team and put up a 20-10-5 record in their first 35 starts? Followed by going 4-0-2 with a hot team to start the next season? Those are good numbers but it's a tiny sample size. It's slightly more than half of a typical Henrik Lundqvist season. A ton of goalies come in and look amazing for 10 games or half a season and then they fizzle or at least come back to reality (where Henrik Lundqvist is the best goalie on the planet, btw).

Guess I'm wrong about Gardiner. Point conceded.

I think Thomas is a better prospect than Colborne. Time will tell.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 11-19-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2011, 05:01 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
like NYR2k2 said, if they keep churning out players who make a difference, who cares what HFBoards has to say

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Hagelin is another prospect that the HF failed to mention. Must not be good enough to even be worth discussing.

Also not good enough to give us a ranking above #13.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote