HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2011, 02:37 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHMB Prez View Post
The answer is pretty easy. They are bandwagon fans, who have been only following the team for a year or two and are clueless.
Is this how you react to people who share a different opinion from yours? I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive. The "hate" isn't for Markov. People are frustrated with the situation. HE was injured the last 2 years and couldn't even give the team a discount in term or $$$$ yet HE is injured AGAIN.

I like Markov, but that doesn't mean the team should bend over backwards to acomodate him.

Old
11-19-2011, 02:57 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Is this how you react to people who share a different opinion from yours? I've probably been a fan longer than you've been alive. The "hate" isn't for Markov. People are frustrated with the situation. HE was injured the last 2 years and couldn't even give the team a discount in term or $$$$ yet HE is injured AGAIN.

I like Markov, but that doesn't mean the team should bend over backwards to acomodate him.
Yeah that's not highly likely. And why do you feel like i was talking about you ?

Old
11-19-2011, 04:35 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Calm the hell down, it's not your money. It's not even the Molsons' money, Markov's getting insurance money.

Knee injuries are devastating and freak accidents, you really don't get that do you?

You Markov bashers make the fanbase look bad and bi-polar. Shut the hell up until he's back on the ice.
Ya cus I have not dealt with the best surgeons around and had 9 knee operations to date I forgot that thanks for reminding me lol. Once a knee has been damaged like his has it is never and will never be the same and can be re injured stepping out of a shower simple as that. Before you start with the your surgeon must have been horrible I will end that discussion and tell you I have had the same surgeon that did Stevie Ys knee and the big Es and Hacketts knee just so you know. I attend the Fowler Kennedy clinic up at UWO for all my work. I don't care who is paying him our management signed him to this stupid deal that is my issue. I mean come on that long off the ice and we give him 5.75 a year for the next 3 seriously I want some of what they are smokin cus it must be damn good. I stand by my assesment that if he was truly wanting to come in and prove himself and we were keen on signing him sign him to a year at the alloted rate I suggested I know it may have been more but a year gives us a decent baseline to see where he is at then re sign him after that to some additional years it isn't rocket science and I am sure if Marky is sincere about being here he would have agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
If you'd have offered him 1-1.5 he'd be gone and probably play somewhere else. 5.75 for 3 years is a risk, but I think it's worth it.
If it was 5.75 OVER three years rather than per season I could see that but not at a per season rate it just seems silly honestly.

Quote:
Yeah that's not highly likely. And why do you feel like i was talking about you ?
LOL @ you calling me a fairweather fan too funny. I have followed the HABS since the 60s so I dare say anything but fairweather or bandwagon fans silly comments when you know nothing about the person you comment on.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old
11-19-2011, 05:16 PM
onebighockeyfan

The Habs signed him out of respect and in hope he will be OK. The Habs believed in him. If it does not pan out, well too bad. They still behaved in a respectable way with a start player and for that reason, other star players notice. That becomes important for potential UFAs. If Markov does not come back it does not affect the cap or progress of our other prospect Ds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Ya cus I have not dealt with the best surgeons around and had 9 knee operations to date I forgot that thanks for reminding me lol. Once a knee has been damaged like his has it is never and will never be the same and can be re injured stepping out of a shower simple as that. Before you start with the your surgeon must have been horrible I will end that discussion and tell you I have had the same surgeon that did Stevie Ys knee and the big Es and Hacketts knee just so you know. I attend the Fowler Kennedy clinic up at UWO for all my work. I don't care who is paying him our management signed him to this stupid deal that is my issue. I mean come on that long off the ice and we give him 5.75 a year for the next 3 seriously I want some of what they are smokin cus it must be damn good. I stand by my assesment that if he was truly wanting to come in and prove himself and we were keen on signing him sign him to a year at the alloted rate I suggested I know it may have been more but a year gives us a decent baseline to see where he is at then re sign him after that to some additional years it isn't rocket science and I am sure if Marky is sincere about being here he would have agreed.

If it was 5.75 OVER three years rather than per season I could see that but not at a per season rate it just seems silly honestly.

LOL @ you calling me a fairweather fan too funny. I have followed the HABS since the 60s so I dare say anything but fairweather or bandwagon fans silly comments when you know nothing about the person you comment on.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:23 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

I have a pretty good idea.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:30 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
I have a pretty good idea.
On which post lol. I think you may want to know a little more about someone before you call them a bandwagon fan.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:33 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
On which post lol. I think you may want to know a little more about someone before you call them a bandwagon fan.
Ditto. Nite.

Old
11-19-2011, 05:43 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Ditto. Nite.
I never called you a bandwagon fan nor did I hurl any personal insults etc at you so you may want to go re read some of those posts lol.

Old
11-20-2011, 09:06 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab
He's damaged goods. He's here to collect his paycheck and go back to Russia.
he's a canadian citizen

Old
11-20-2011, 09:32 PM
SB164

Jacques Martin, emergency goalie.

Closed Thread