HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

What´s up with the Flyers?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2005, 03:03 AM
C-J...*

vCash: 500
What´s up with the Flyers?

Before the season started I thought this team would go through most teams like butter, but now I see this isnt the case. Were/are theyr overrated, or just not playing the way they should? I dont get the games on tv, so I´m forced to view scoreboards, highlights and "listen" to whatever you say on this board.

From what I´ve heard, even Foppa/Gagne has had mediocer nights lately?

Trade in te makings?

Being a Swede I have a few Swedish players whos really underrated, and that could lift this team.

Johnny Oduya - Playing in Sweden, believe that Washingtin owns his rights. Tought and skilled defender, great on the pipes.

Andreas Karlsson - Playing in Sweden, believe Atlanta owns the rights to him. Strong player with good hands and the best vision in the SEL, reminds me of Sundin at times...only a little shorter, not much though.

Kristian Huselius - Florida. Outperformed Forsberg in the SEL last season, but for some reason he´s not given the chanse in Florida.

Old
11-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

I could see Huselius or Weinhandl on the team, actually. Weinhandl is a natural offensive-only RW so he'd suit fine along with Gags and Foppa.

However, I can't really see neither Oduya nor Karlsson on the Flyers. I like Oduya, though, he's got some grit and some offense, too.

Old
11-19-2005, 06:15 AM
Nacho
Special

Rather see Weinhandl here, and it has nothing to do with him being a Swede. He has proven that he has good chemistry playing with Forsberg, and because he's in the doghouse, so he should be easy to pick up...

Old
11-19-2005, 07:59 AM
John Flyers Fan

Flyers don't need to make a trade, what they need is a healthy Primeau, Kapanen and Desjardins.

For those that thought Primeau is expendable, i'd hope the last few nights have reminded you what we're missing.

Old
11-19-2005, 08:14 AM
Philly Flyer Fan*

I agree, not the biggest Primeau fan here, but he is missed by the hockey club. I think the NHL kinda leaves him a step behind. Having said that........in no way shape or form does that take from his leadership skills.

Desjardin will back in a few games.

Kapanan I hear was doing well and ahead of schedule. Last night saw on the ticker that he's back on the IL. Did he suffer a setback or they saving some cap space.

About making a trade......I wouldn't puch the panick button just yet.....however, If you can better your team.....do it!

Old
11-19-2005, 11:06 AM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Flyer Fan
I agree, not the biggest Primeau fan here, but he is missed by the hockey club. I think the NHL kinda leaves him a step behind. Having said that........in no way shape or form does that take from his leadership skills.

Desjardin will back in a few games.

Kapanan I hear was doing well and ahead of schedule. Last night saw on the ticker that he's back on the IL. Did he suffer a setback or they saving some cap space.

About making a trade......I wouldn't puch the panick button just yet.....however, If you can better your team.....do it!
they said the other night Kappy is ready and could play now but because of the cba or soemthing like that he needs to out 10 weeks.

Old
11-19-2005, 11:12 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Flyers don't need to make a trade, what they need is a healthy Primeau, Kapanen and Desjardins.

For those that thought Primeau is expendable, i'd hope the last few nights have reminded you what we're missing.

totally agree. you put those 3 guys back in the lineup and the last 2 nights do not happen and the Flyers are alone in first.

Old
11-19-2005, 11:13 AM
budscweizer16

Send a message via AIM to budscweizer16
The flyers are underachieving to this point, but there the best underachieving team i've ever seen. What are they like 10-5-3, or something like that. Thats a perfectly fine record for this point of the season. If this is the worst hockey they are gonig to play all season, which some think it is, then i cant wait to see there best.

Old
11-19-2005, 11:23 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1431
The team is not playing to the level many of us thought but they are technically in first place in the Atlantic after last night's debacle and despite the flaws to date. They are built for a strong playoff run and will be judged on that. I didn't see this team pummeling opponents through the course of the regular season. With the additions of hopefully healthy Desjardins and Primeau, and also Kapanen, stability will generate a more focused unit.

Old
11-19-2005, 06:30 PM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
totally agree. you put those 3 guys back in the lineup and the last 2 nights do not happen and the Flyers are alone in first.
I also agree...it's the little things that Premeau does so well that don't necessarily show up on the stat sheet ever night that make the difference in them type of games.

Old
11-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Teezax

Flyers are fine, 12-4-3 sounds good to me missing a guy like Kapanen and icing a Phantoms team for the first quarter of the season.
Things will be stable once the refs pipedown with the garbage and the Flyers play some 5 on 5 with a healthy lineup.
The Atlantic is ours after tonight and there won't be any looking back.

Old
11-20-2005, 02:04 AM
Synthetic

Send a message via AIM to Synthetic Send a message via MSN to Synthetic
If we even had a decent middle-of-the-NHL PK we would be cutting through teams like butter.

Old
11-20-2005, 02:56 AM
C-J...*

Forsberg should be used atleast a minute/game in pk.

Old
11-20-2005, 07:24 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starshollow
Forsberg should be used atleast a minute/game in pk.

Forsberg doesnt pk

Old
11-20-2005, 07:35 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

Everything will be find get our pk working and get rico , prims ,@ kaps back and we will start to play better.The biggest problem for us is our PK we need to have a better PK...............
All the gms we lost have been because right now our PK ......

Old
11-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedorange
Forsberg doesnt pk
He does, but not in Philly...

Old
11-20-2005, 08:14 AM
RorschachWJK

They're missing the versatility (pk, speed, offense) of Kapanen, the leadership of Primeau and Dejardins too. It'll be interesting to see how they fare against a team like Ottawa, once those three are back in the lineup. I'm predicting tough times for the opponents...

Closed Thread